Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

i still dont think he's the man to take us any further, great game on sat, great win, but we were still losing goals when the fakes were down to 10 men, we beat a poor Hearts team, even though I enjoyed the game and win. Why did it take so long for DL to change formation, tactics ect. We'll see how it goes over next few weeks, hopefully not back to square one again.

Goal - singular, it was 2-2 when the Fakes player was sent off we went on to win 4-3, albeit our third came from the penalty incident which lead to the red card. Also is there any further for Saints to go, I don't think any Saints manager should be sacked or in danger of being so while we're 10th in the league although I'm not sure if it should be enough to earn Lennon a new contract were we to finish in that position.

As much as I'm still not convinced by DL as manager, St.Mirren performing poorly against ten men has been commonplace in the 40 years I've followed them.

I've said the same thing myself on many occasions but after the Fakes game I've been thinking - do we? My Thistle supporting mate says the same about them - is it one of those situations when you remember fucking up against 10 men but not when you do well rather like "man bites dog" is news but the reverse isn't. So far this season we've won a game we were drawing and equalized from one goal down.

Apologies if I've missed a match where we've fucked up against 10 men this season.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I've said the same thing myself on many occasions but after the Fakes game I've been thinking - do we? My Thistle supporting mate says the same about them - is it one of those situations when you remember fucking up against 10 men but not when you do well rather like "man bites dog" is news but the reverse isn't. So far this season we've won a game we were drawing and equalized from one goal down.

Apologies if I've missed a match where we've fucked up against 10 men this season.

It's not so much that we always "fúck up", but we often don't seem to take advantage of having a man extra (or two in some cases!), compared to other teams, when we get a player sent off against them.

We seem to make life difficult for ourselves and end up under pressure ourselves, rather than translating our advantage into a comfortable victory.

We were a minute or so away from a draw on Saturday and we did draw against Kilmarnock, when we should have won. Obviously poor finishing and inspired goalkeeping are both factors, but I just feel that there have been too many occasions over the years where I've thought that it looked we had been reduced to ten men rather than our opposition.

Maybe it's just my flawed perception.

Edited by FTOF

You sir, are a St Mirren supporter, sure it was reasonable to have looked for a change the way things WERE going but it's also reasonable, as you have, to see that Lennon has been able to turn things around, not an easy task.

Please explain this to Isabella, he's blinded by his narrow minded views, and, unfortunately, he's not alone with his wee gang.

PS If we lose a few games, get rid of him. (Cover my losses right there lol.gif )

I am consistent with my views.

Its folk like you who chop and change their view on a weekly basis depending on one-off results...

Long live Danny Lennon and the future success of St Mirren football club.

Note - as I pointed out above - that you put fortunes of Danny Lennon before the fortunes of St. Mirren...

Saints fans that want the team to lose? bangin.gif

Bumped into a Saints fan at a gig at the Barrowlands recently. Dunno his name but seen him at games for years. He said that he hoped Aberdeen gave Saints a tanking the following night so that Danny Lennon would get sacked. So yes, there are Saints fans that want the team to lose.

Edited for typos.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Bumped into a Saints fan at a gig at the Barrowlands recently. Dunno his name but seen him at games for years. He said that he hoped Aberdeen gave Saints a tanking the following night so that Danny Lennon would get sacked. So yes, there are Saints fans that want the team to lose.

Edited for typos.

Not a surprise mate, I've noticed this on this forum for years but been shot down for daring to suggest such a thing.

Absolutely astounding that so called supporters put personal views before St Mirren football club.

23RD November - two years since Lennon renewed his contract, a lunchtime TV game against Hibs and a fortnight's break (no doubt for some pissy international football) before the next game against ICT - a hectic spell of 8 games in 28 days.

A time to pause and consider whether Lennon is the guy to manage us through the rest of the season - no point leaving it too late like Dunfermline & Dundee in the last two seasons. As long as we're still in touch with the pack I'd be inclined to keep Lennon in charge leaving any spare money for the player budget. If we get detached from the pack, say by 5 points, then we would really have to let him go.

Longer term there's the question of a new contract, but that's a whole nuther question - I certainly wouldn't expect to see him in charge for the play-off games if we were to end up in that position.

Well, on a mood-o-meter scale of 1-10 where 1 is sack him and 10 is keep and extend his contract I am a 5.5 just now.

Two vital games looming for St Mirren and DL, two games that tbh should yield four points. If not , it's a major opportunity lost this season

I'll revisit my mood-o- meter after these games

• 2 weeks later...

A question for Lennon. Can you tell me what has happened to most of the players you signed during the close season ?

A question for you, why are you asking this at this time?

5 posts, everyone negative toward Lennon.

Entitled to your opinion, but do try to vary it a bit or you could become tedious.

Edited by faraway saint

I must have read the thread topic wrongly, I thought it said "Lennon must go". Nevertheless, I asked what I consider to be a reasonable question.If any of the other geniuses who replied to me have the answer, please carry on.

You didn't read it wrongly, although it could be interpreted that, as the thread has been running for quite some time, the subject has been debated to death.

Or it could be interpreted that you are a pain in the arse and, ignoring the fact we have has a reasonable spell in the last 6 weeks or so, only content when trying to undermine the manager.

Only my view you understand.

I must have read the thread topic wrongly, I thought it said "Lennon must go". Nevertheless, I asked what I consider to be a reasonable question.If any of the other geniuses who replied to me have the answer, please carry on.

Yes, however, you directed a question to Danny Lennon. I doubt he will reply.

If you had asked the opinion of forum users why the new signings weren't featuring then it would have been a completely different story.