Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

You didn't read it wrongly, although it could be interpreted that, as the thread has been running for quite some time, the subject has been debated to death.

Or it could be interpreted that you are a pain in the arse and, ignoring the fact we have has a reasonable spell in the last 6 weeks or so, only content when trying to undermine the manager.

Only my view you understand.

2 wins does not constitute a 6 week reasonable spell! lol.gif:

:1eye

Edited by Isabella Duke

Thistle away and Ross County at home.

Two season defining games for us and Danny Lennon IMO, I think we can get 6 points but I'd take 4. 3 or less isn't good enough.

We should already have 3 of those points in the bag from these crucial games. Be 9th in the table, and looking upwards.

Damn monsoon!

Well done Danny, it looks like he might be on the verge of turning it all around.

I have to say that I didn't think he had a hope a few weeks ago, I couldn't see where our next win was coming from.

Well done Danny you've weathered one hell of a sh*t storm and I for one didn't think you would survive. Not out of the woods just yet but there is a big light at the end of a long and dark tunnel.

Edited by Kendo

Not a surprise mate, I've noticed this on this forum for years but been shot down for daring to suggest such a thing.

Absolutely astounding that so called supporters put personal views before St Mirren football club.

I think there's another interpretation; i.e. some supporters think we are more likely to do poorly under (insert manager name).............and that we would do better with someone else and lose less often. No Saints fan wants the team to lose in the long run, it's counter intuitive and a ridiculous notion, but some undoubtedly feel stepping back that, at times, a bad result leading to a dismissal is the lesser of two evils. And let's face it, players and staff come and go, fans (generally) are the only constant at any football club.

I think there's another interpretation; i.e. some supporters think we are more likely to do poorly under (insert manager name).............and that we would do better with someone else and lose less often. No Saints fan wants the team to lose in the long run, it's counter intuitive and a ridiculous notion, but some undoubtedly feel stepping back that, at times, a bad result leading to a dismissal is the lesser of two evils. And let's face it, players and staff come and go, fans (generally) are the only constant at any football club.

I do agree that that some might see the long term benefit if we lose a few games IF it results in a change of a manager they don't like. Unfortunately the dislike of the manager stops them seeing the bigger or true picture, therefore their view is distorted to such an extent it stops being a thought process and is only a blind obsession. You don't need to look very far on this forum to see the absolute stupidity of some "supporters" views.

One of the problems I have with that is the potential damage that could do to the club, which after all, is THE most important thing for all supporters.

Danny Lennon and Gus before him makes us an Unique club. When death stares us in the face these guys have produced magic....If you think about it Gus kept us up? .....Remember Falkirk?...And then Danny comes under pressure and wins us the league cup?,, Looking dead then he gets 10 from 15 points? Could have been 13 from 18 but for God? We are St Mirren and top six awaits.

Well done Danny, it looks like he might be on the verge of turning it all around.

I have to say that I didn't think he had a hope a few weeks ago, I couldn't see where our next win was coming from.

Well done Danny you've weathered one hell of a sh*t storm and I for one didn't think you would survive. Not out of the woods just yet but there is a big light at the end of a long and dark tunnel.

Except last Saturdays.whistling.gif

I've always been a happy clapper and days like today are the reason why. Football can be get wrenching at times, but decisions about managers and players need to be based on reason not emotion. Danny was always going to be manger till at least the opening of the transfer window and we were always too good to go down to a shite hearts team. Can he keep this runup? probably not but as long as he is bringing players like McGinn, McLean, Kelly, Naismith and Reilly through I'm happy. A cheeky wee cup win tae would be good

Seriously when we sacking this c**t? I'm fed up, if Willie c hadnae called off last week we'd only have won 4 out of 5 games, now only won 3 out of 4, we need to sack either the manager or collum.

There's no pleasing some people, for fcuks sake, we've..........................I'm fed up with you funny guys taking the piss.

Reported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually can't believe this is being discussed!! Danny has won us a cup and were it not for the rain last week we'd have won 4 out of the last 5! I give up with our support!!!

I've always been a happy clapper and days like today are the reason why.   Football can be get wrenching at times, but decisions about managers and players need to be based on reason not emotion.  Danny was always going to be manger till at least the opening of the transfer window and we were always too good to go down to a shite hearts team.  Can he keep this runup?  probably not but as long as he is bringing players like McGinn, McLean, Kelly, Naismith and Reilly through I'm happy.  A cheeky wee cup win tae would be good

I said at the start of the season I was excited at the prospect of us going with youth, when it appeared that we'd decided to take that route rather than sign more experienced replacements, after the first 6 games I felt a bit stupid but seeing Mclean, McGinn, Kelly and Naismith play these last few weeks gets the excitement back. I am genuinely excited by the prospect of other youngsters making the break through.

Congrats to DL and his team........a couple of big back slaps due him.

Proof for me that we are moving forward and have an attitude and determination about us was evident yesterday, lucky spell included, but will be confirmed if we can navigate success out of our next two eminently winnable league games and a usual banana skin cup tie.

Clearly it never goes simple, we all know this, but IMO the next three fixtures offer us a great chance to set the tone and align the team and manager with realistic saints supporters expectations.

I am dreaming of six points from our next two league games, can you imagine ?

Oh dear...... Lol

Congrats to DL and his team........a couple of big back slaps due him.

Proof for me that we are moving forward and have an attitude and determination about us was evident yesterday, lucky spell included, but will be confirmed if we can navigate success out of our next two eminently winnable league games and a usual banana skin cup tie.

Clearly it never goes simple, we all know this, but IMO the next three fixtures offer us a great chance to set the tone and align the team and manager with realistic saints supporters expectations.

I am dreaming of six points from our next two league games, can you imagine ?

Oh dear...... Lol

I can see Isabella reaching for the counter argument "facts" right now. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint