Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

No matter who....I have a real problem with our squad......Too many ageing players in key positions and too many young players getting chucked in......Our squad is not the quality it was in the game Danny kicked off against Dunfermline on a Monday night. Take a look for yourself ?

who's fault is that, who assembled the unbalanced squad?

one thing is for sure, if we are looking for a new manager in the next few weeks, EVERY SINGLE proposed candidate will be mocked and derided...hands thrown up in dramatic horror and dismissed as being a prick/wanker/too old/too young/***/tim on this forum.

Correct.

The term "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

The whole thing has left me cold.

Correct.

The term "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

The whole thing has left me cold.

I also am perplexed by my reaction... Or lack of one.

I regretted gus's departure, but was prepared to hope the new guy would do a great job for St Mirren. Soon, I was pleased for the fans who were ecstatic about the alleged improvement in the football quality they had to witness week in, week out.

I noted that that the new manager sagely and constantly bigged up the fabulous supporters of "this great club".

I witnessed what I thought was a dreich 1-1 draw a few weeks ago, but fans on here suggested I was wrong.

I loved the passing play that brought late victory at castle greyskull, but that was against a dying club soon to go extinct. And, aye, the quality of play at times, and the self-belief of the team in the cup semi and final persuaded me that I was probably wrong to be reticent about DL.

I rejoiced for all of Paisley, the players AND DL when the League Cup was won....

And yet... And yet...

Even though I am convinced that DL CAN turn this round and SHOULD be given time to do so, my feeling about his rumoured departure is... Meh.

I never got to love him enough to refer to him as Danny or Mr Lennon. DL is a very decent man, I believe, but there are lots of others out there who'd love to manage a financially sound SPL club, with a new stadium, dedicated training facilities and great escape routes by air, road and rail. So... aye... meh.

But... I THINK that I hope he stays.... :unsure:

Edited by bluto

Tommy Craig staying would be a disaster, if we are getting rid of Lennon then Craig must go to.

Don't agree with that mate, the players respect him and quite like his training methods etc but if would all depend on the new gaffer. He might not want him.

It wouldn't be fair to force TC on a new gaffer just because we can't afford to get rid of him. He should only stay if he's wanted by the new manager.

He doesn't necessarily need to stay on as assistant but could stay on as one of the coaching staff.

Edited by davidg

Don't agree with that mate, the players respect him and quite like his training methods etc but if would all depend on the new gaffer. He might not want him.

It wouldn't be fair to force TC on a new gaffer just because we can't afford to get rid of him. He should only stay if he's wanted by the new manager.

Here was me thinking Craig was brought in as the "old head", helping the young manager along.

Silly me!

Edited to add.

A lot of folk on here are commenting on the apparent lack of stamina in the team as a whole.

training methods? Ignoring the respected assistant's advice/direction?

You tell me.

Edited by stlucifer

I also am perplexed by my reaction... Or lack of one.

I regretted gus's departure, but was prepared to hope the new guy would do a great job for St Mirren. Soon, I was pleased for the fans who were ecstatic about the alleged improvement in the football quality they had to witness week in, week out.

I noted that that the new manager sagely and constantly bigged up the fabulous supporters of "this great club".

I witnessed what I thought was a dreich 1-1 draw a few weeks ago, but fans on here suggested I was wrong.

I loved the passing play that brought late victory at castle greyskull, but that was against a dying club soon to go extinct. And, aye, the quality of play at times, and the self-belief of the team in the cup semi and final persuaded me that I was probably wrong to be reticent about DL.

I rejoiced for all of Paisley, the players AND DL when the League Cup was won....

And yet... And yet...

Even though I am convinced that DL CAN turn this round and SHOULD be given time to do so, my feeling about his rumoured departure is... Meh.

I never got to love him enough to refer to him as Danny or Mr Lennon. DL is a very decent man, I believe, but there are lots of others out there who'd love to manage a financially sound SPL club, with a new stadium, dedicated training facilities and great escape routes by air, road and rail. So... aye... meh.

But... I THINK that I hope he stays.... unsure.png

All that is fair enough. However , if Danny boy is to turn it around , I reckon he would benefit from a communication course and maybe get TC to talk to a sports scientist fella , so that TC can brush up on his training methods . Certainly , the bit where the player can go out and get leathered in his home town during the season , when the team is struggling , should probably be looked at. .

For many supporters, we've been here before, so often. Failing teams, indifferent tactics, faltering managers and Boards that jump when they see the panic button, - all this dialogue aimed at DL is no surprise.

Another poster has rightly said that he can smell relegation at St Mirren Park right now - 4 games into the season or not - I agree, it reeks of it.

Thistle showed us up good and proper on Saturday and this is a team that has just come up from the 2nd tier. Right now, I suspect that this disjointed team of ours would struggle to keep up with the top 4 in the 2nd division.

So who is to blame for this situation? Is it the players, the manager or the Board. To some extent you have to blame the players, but not for adopting questionable tactics on a newly promoted team. It took 45 minutes for the management to work out that every bit of pressure being forced on our defence was coming from the wings especially the left wing, just about every supporter could see it happening. The passing was slick and efficient by Thistle as opposed to slack and imprecise by Saints, so in that respect you can blame the players, but not for the long ball punt - that had to come from management. The Board? well why the Board - they run a tight ship, they have a passion for the club and they have guided us to a very stable platform that must be the envy of very many in the game.

Yesterday I posted that there is basically no hiding place for a football manager, it is purely a result based culture. You survive and succeed, or you fall on your sword by virtue of the results. It is the same the whole world over - there aren't many managers who survive if they fail and the poor stats suggest that the end is nigh for DL and probably TC, either that or the Board don't give a toss, which personally is a view I don't subscribe to.

I have so wanted DL to succeed, I believe his philosophy is well intentioned, but if Thistle can come to our ground as Ross County did last year and stick it on us with ease and beat us at our so-called passing game then something is rotten in the state of Denmark. thumbdown.gif

Stuart Gilmour has said in todays Daily Record that Danny is our manager and will not be sacked. It's time to get behind Danny and the boys to help get us through this difficult time

Of course if you were to actually to quote the quote as opposed to making things up, he actually says:

If people want to talk about the manager then I have nothing to say.

“Danny is the manager of St Mirren and getting on with his job. That’s it.”

Nowhere does he say he won't sack him. He says he's getting on with his job, which we all know. It's hardly a ringing endorsement, is it?

What general consensus? Because you say so? Are you ignoring the poll you set up then?

You are sad.

General consensus amongst well informed sources.

On that poll, i set that up after we were knocked out the cup by a 1st Division team. A new one was set up after we lost at home to Thistle by DavidG, which showed overwhelming support for Danny being removed. The thread has since been removed, any idea why?

Edited by Lex

Of course if you were to actually to quote the quote as opposed to making things up, he actually says:

Nowhere does he say he won't sack him. He says he's getting on with his job, which we all know. It's hardly a ringing endorsement, is it?

The article does end with the sentence "However, St Mirren chief Gilmour has confirmed he doesn’t consider that negative run to be grounds for dismissal.

The article does end with the sentence "However, St Mirren chief Gilmour has confirmed he doesn’t consider that negative run to be grounds for dismissal.

Without a quote, which renders it irrelevant.

He wouldn't just be being sacked for the negative run of results of course, his management of the squad and playing budget over the last few months has been abysmal and will also be a factor in his dismissal.

General consensus amongst well informed sources.

On that poll, i set that up after we were knocked out the cup by a 1st Division team. A new one was set up after we lost at home to Thistle by DavidG, which showed overwhelming support for Danny being removed. The thread has since been removed, any idea why?

Not a single one of your bastards can be trusted to do anything other than bloody spin to suit your agenda.

Here is the ENTIRE article including the headline and strapline.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour refuses to fuel speculation over Danny Lennon's future

PAISLEY chief Stewart Gilmour confirms that the team's poor run of form is not threatening the manager's position at the club.

ST MIRREN chairman Stewart Gilmour last night denied Danny Lennon’s position as manager is on the line.

Speculation that the Buddies' gaffer was about to be sacked had reached fever pitch in the wake of Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat by top-flight new boys Partick Thistle.

But Gilmour, who had refused to discuss Lennon’s position in public prior to the weekend game, has finally broken his silence.

Speaking to Record Sport he said: “If people want to talk about the manager then I have nothing to say.

Lennon’s under-fire team have managed to win only one out of 13 league matches played since he led the Paisley club to victory over Hearts in the Scottish Communities League Cup Final in March.

However, St Mirren chief Gilmour has confirmed he doesn’t consider that negative run to be grounds for dismissal.

I've underlined the important bits which you have neglected. Others can make their own minds jup based on the entire article not just your "Stuart Dickson"-esque selective quoting of it.

My reading of this is that Stewart simply doesn't want to get involved in the media and forum bollox surrounding this and his message to Danny is clear - get on with the job and WE will tell you when you're finished here not the press or the forum.

If he had given stronger words of encouragement you'd have been straight on here talking about the dreaded vote of confidence because THAT would have suited your agenda.

I hate to break this to you but experienced directors tend not to listen to 27 year old nobodies. Most people don't TBH. Harsh but true.

Without a quote, which renders it irrelevant.

He wouldn't just be being sacked for the negative run of results of course, his management of the squad and playing budget over the last few months has been abysmal and will also be a factor in his dismissal.

No Lex, the reason he's not being quoted is because Gilmour is simply not prepared to pander to 27 year old forum numpties.

Remember that a year ago HE was the focus of it.

Stewart and Danny will know where each other stand bnecause they'll have spoken directly to each other.

Keeping guys like YOU in the loop doesn't register on their todo lists.

You seem surprised by this news.

Not a single one of your bastards can be trusted to do anything other than bloody spin to suit your agenda.

Here is the ENTIRE article including the headline and strapline.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour refuses to fuel speculation over Danny Lennon's future

PAISLEY chief Stewart Gilmour confirms that the team's poor run of form is not threatening the manager's position at the club.

ST MIRREN chairman Stewart Gilmour last night denied Danny Lennon’s position as manager is on the line.

Speculation that the Buddies' gaffer was about to be sacked had reached fever pitch in the wake of Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat by top-flight new boys Partick Thistle.

But Gilmour, who had refused to discuss Lennon’s position in public prior to the weekend game, has finally broken his silence.

Speaking to Record Sport he said: “If people want to talk about the manager then I have nothing to say.

Lennon’s under-fire team have managed to win only one out of 13 league matches played since he led the Paisley club to victory over Hearts in the Scottish Communities League Cup Final in March.

However, St Mirren chief Gilmour has confirmed he doesn’t consider that negative run to be grounds for dismissal.

I've underlined the important bits which you have neglected. Others can make their own minds jup based on the entire article not just your "Stuart Dickson"-esque selective quoting of it.

My reading of this is that Stewart simply doesn't want to get involved in the media and forum bollox surrounding this and his message to Danny is clear - get on with the job and WE will tell you when you're finished here not the press or the forum.

If he had given stronger words of encouragement you'd have been straight on here talking about the dreaded vote of confidence because THAT would have suited your agenda.

I hate to break this to you but experienced directors tend not to listen to 27 year old nobodies. Most people don't TBH. Harsh but true.

Shame to see you that you still haven't found that plot you lost last week. Maybe look under the bed or something?

There's two lines of quotes from Gilmour which i quoted. The rest is filler from the journalist. He's been told to write an article, phoned up SGG for a line, got the two lines which he quoted, asked him some questions, one of which is the run of the results alone enough to be sacked... to which SGG has said no. Of course no one is expecting him to be sacked soley for the run of results.

Assuming he is a good journalist he will have asked several other questions to which SGG provided no answer, hence they they aren't in the article. I'd imagine any journalist worth their salt would have asked questions such as..' Will Danny be sacked ' ' Are the BoD backing Danny ' ' Will you give us a clear statement of support for Danny '... Given there is no answers to the obvious questions i'm assuming SGG gave no comment.

If he had more quotes, he'd have put them in. The reason there isn't more quotes in the article is SGG never gave him anymore.

Anyone who see's the line of:

“If people want to talk about the manager then I have nothing to say.

As a show of support for the manager really is naive beyond belief.