Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Nothing original here but can McGowan & Harkins can be accommodated in the same team it's probably affecting one or both players' confidence.

We're still waiting for Grainger to show the form he showed at previous clubs.

Thompson would benefit from a spell on the bench out but the alternative seem to scary to attempt.

Then there's our Cap'n who's not performed so far at CH & is not as good as Newton in the holding midfield role.

Why bring in Caprice if he's not good enough for a starting place?

It's time to think the unthinkable wacko.png but has Lennon got the nerve to do this?

It surprises me that some people have already written off Caprice as being shite / a failure / not good enough when he has played about 45mins of 1st team football for us. FFS the guy needs a few games, probably from the start, before we write him off. From what I've seen he's young and a bit raw but loos like he has a decent touch and pace - why not play him from the start? Lets face it things can get any worse!

Also, appreciate this comment will be met with challenge but (aside from a wonderful, legendary strike in the cup final) I'm not sure what Newton offers us. He as always looked very ordinary to me and too soft - whilst he is a good squad player, I'm not sure he merits a starting slot every Saturday. He's a loan player who we stand to make zero cash from whilst John McGinn (IMO an all round better player) has to pay second fiddle. Shouldn't we be focussing game time on young home grown talent (McLean too) who will likely be here beyond next May, or net us some cash. Just an observation.

It surprises me that some people have already written off Caprice as being shite / a failure / not good enough when he has played about 45mins of 1st team football for us. FFS the guy needs a few games, probably from the start, before we write him off. From what I've seen he's young and a bit raw but loos like he has a decent touch and pace - why not play him from the start? Lets face it things can get any worse!

I too reckon Caprice deserves a chance to start a match at RB his supposed natural position and one where Lennon seems unsure of who should be first choice blink.png - I was criticizing the decision to sign a player just a few days before the transfer window closes and after a week's trial just to fill Robertson's position in the squad.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just had a wee read at a story on bbc website on Danny saying that the ref and linesman was weak on the penalty desicion and then go's on to say its his fault basically that we are bad good we read.

Can somebody please put tha link up please as i cant thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24097273

Just had a wee read at a story on bbc website on Danny saying that the ref and linesman was weak on the penalty desicion and then go's on to say its his fault basically that we are bad good we read.

It wasn't a penalty and he needs to shut up!

Hopefully this works. Not sure it's the officials fault that they actually made the right decision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24097273

He never said it was.

He said that the linesman and referee had made the decision and seemed adamant only to shite it when the Well players complained. The linesman even took up position as he should for a penalty. So in that sense they were both weak as Danny said.

He never said it was.

He said that the linesman and referee had made the decision and seemed adamant only to shite it when the Well players complained. The linesman even took up position as he should for a penalty. So in that sense they were both weak as Danny said.

He took up position as the Referee had given the penalty, but who's to say the linesman wasn't also discussing the award at the same time. I have never seen a linesman not take up a position, folded arms and "nope, not moving" is hardly professional. Also...how the f**k does he know if the linesman gave the decision? Does he lip read? Does he have each official bugged?

He's an absolute clown who has lost it. Who cares if a few players got round the official, I'd be f**king livid if our players didn't do the same.

I agree with Danny here in a sense.

1. Why give a desicion and change it after getting mobbed by players (Thats a sign of weakness).

2. Why not confirm with assistant on what he/she thought.

3. Come out and say why they have made a cock-up of said desicions.

I could go on but this is the 3 mean points I beleive myself should happen. These desicion changes happen far to often in football not just in Scotland but other leagues around the world aswell. I beleive its about time that match officals be interveiwed after games aswell. But thats just me that thinks this would give people a better understanding of said talking points in the game.

Acht...................presently we have a club in drift mode.............still waiting , looking hoping that perfect St Mirren minded owner(s )to take over. We have a playing squad drifting in and out of the team , a manager drifting seemingly rudderless all over the place pondering over what his best eleven are............

We as a club are drifting away , I think the manager has one game left to halt this horrendous run............if we get pumped, beaten , fail to get a point , whatever, against Hibs on Saturday he's a goner.

All in all a total shame , hate threads like this but facts are facts and afraid there are far too many loose ends about our club just now.................the manager and his results since March are undeniable, yet are just one aspect of the far from ideal position of the club.

The problem St Mirren have is what comes next ....and where is the club sale heading ? I hear names like Peter Houston , Kenny Sheils, Steven Thomson and Gary Teale, Craig Levein, Jim McCintyre .................bangin.gif

A safe pair of hands as a manager , or a change of fortune on the park..............hoping against hope for a win on Saturday.

There , cleared my throut...................feel a wee bit better rip.gif

He took up position as the Referee had given the penalty, but who's to say the linesman wasn't also discussing the award at the same time. I have never seen a linesman not take up a position, folded arms and "nope, not moving" is hardly professional. Also...how the f**k does he know if the linesman gave the decision? Does he lip read? Does he have each official bugged?

He's an absolute clown who has lost it. Who cares if a few players got round the official, I'd be f**king livid if our players didn't do the same.

NOPE! If the linesman is sure of his facts he indicates what he sees. It's at this poibnt the discussions tyake place. IF the ass istant had done so the Murdewell bullies would have pointed to him while they were attacking the ref.

It was clearly not a penalty.

The referee and linesman discussed it and made the correct decision.

I don't see how this can possibly be described as a sign of weakness.

Because. If the Motherwell players don't surround him he, and his assistant give the decision. FFS. It's not as if they had a rerun to doublecheck! How could two people suddenly change what they saw?

AND. Lasley should have been carded. Yellow at least. yet nothing was given.

Weak is as weak is seen.

It's a sign of grasping at straws, had we got the pen. Would we have won or would we have folded like we did v QOS and Thistle in our previous games. We actually got a pen v QOS and missed it. Another sign on weakness I take it?

Because. If the Motherwell players don't surround him he, and his assistant give the decision. FFS. It's not as if they had a rerun to doublecheck! How could two people suddenly change what they saw?

AND. Lasley should have been carded. Yellow at least. yet nothing was given.

Weak is as weak is seen.

Utter nonsense. You can't possibly know that the linesman and referee weren't already discussing things. Having the players around meant he needed to move away and go old school by actually going over and talking to the linesman.

What was the old mantra about not arguing with the ref because he won't change his mind? Craig Thomson pointed to the spot straight away and didn't seem in any doubt. It looked like he had 2 young, inexperienced Assistants (the one of the West Stand side missed Anier being offside on at least a couple of occasions in the 1st half), who have probably been told to let him make the big decisions.

He has listened to the Motherwell players complaints, probably checked with the Assistant through the comms system who's said that he thought it was outside as well. The fact remains though that he's changed his mind and the Motherwell players have played a big part in that.

No-one's saying that we'd have scored it or we'd have gone on to win but it was a big decision in the game and I doubt any other set of fans would've taken it so philosophically. Most fans would've been bombarding phone-ins to highlight a shambolic piece of decision making by a FIFA official.

One of the ways out of the hole we're in is to develop a siege mentality but that requires a bit of togetherness and it seems that we'd rather rip into the Board, the manager, the players and each other.

Utter nonsense. You can't possibly know that the linesman and referee weren't already discussing things. Having the players around meant he needed to move away and go old school by actually going over and talking to the linesman.

How can you, on one side, type, "utter nonsense", then justify it by assumption and speculation?

Right back at ye..... UTTER NONSENSE!

At the end of the day the thing that is certain is that the referee made a decision, the assistant referee positioned himself for the penaltyy, the referee was surrounded by irate steelmen and, promptly went to his assistant who was in postion for a penalty and, after what appeared to be consultation, changed his mind and didn't book the offending player, to boot, (so to speak).

Wrap it up as much as you like but it was DEFINITELY a change of mind AFTER an official being accosted on the field of play..

Edited by stlucifer

All this luck nonsense, we had our fill with the Cup win and not going down. He needs to start producing a team that can get results.

Sure he needs a team that can get results! However, stating the Cup win and not going down was just luck, is utter nonsense mate. I suppose we were lucky to beat Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts for the Cup and we were lucky to finish 11 (eleven) points ahead of Dundee.

I'll be stunned if Lennon is still in charge come Monday, dreadful stuff. Every fan is going to st.mirren park on a Saturday expecting to get beat, that's how bad it has got.

You must be stunned every week. BTW Every fan is not going every week expecting defeat.

For the stattos out there, this is our worst start to a league campaign since 1991/92. We had 1 point from the opening 5 games that year too, what happened at the end of that season? We got relegated.

Ho hum...

You had a go at someone earlier in the thread about comparing stats from a year go to now, but you decide to go back 21 years. Unbelievable! I am sure if you go back further there will be stats to suit any agenda.

Although I am all for officials discussing major incidents, I think the Ref got it wrong, under pressure from the Mudderwell players

Having watched the incident many times, it actually was a penalty!

Although the initial contact from Lasley was outside the box, Newton rode the challenge only to be brought down by Lasley's other leg on the line... penalty! Watch it again mate.

It clearly was, watch it. The weakness was.... being influenced by the 'Well players into reversing the decision