Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

You had a go at someone earlier in the thread about comparing stats from a year go to now, but you decide to go back 21 years. Unbelievable! I am sure if you go back further there will be stats to suit any agenda.

What a bizarre post. This is our worst start for over 20 years, fact, and that is a here and now stat and is relevant. It's a regularly used stat when comparing the progress of all clubs by commentators. For example, it was mentioned several times during last nights game that it was Liverpools best start in 20 odd years.

Comparing attendances from a Saturday afternoon game to a game the last Friday before Christmas game is highly irrelevant, and comparing the use of two stats even more so. Hard lines.

It's a sign of grasping at straws, had we got the pen. Would we have won or would we have folded like we did v QOS and Thistle in our previous games. We actually got a pen v QOS and missed it. Another sign on weakness I take it?

Who knows? I believe the success rate in penalties is heavily in favour of the penalty taker, but we're in such poor form at the moment that its just not worth having one then? Thats one helluva defeatist attitude right there!

It clearly was, watch it. The weakness was.... being influenced by the 'Well players into reversing the decision

I've just watched it again. It wasn't even nearly a penalty. Danny Lennon basically admitted as much after the game aswell. You're struggling today pal.

What a bizarre post. This is our worst start for over 20 years, fact, and that is a here and now stat and is relevant. It's a regularly used stat when comparing the progress of all clubs by commentators. For example, it was mentioned several times during last nights game that it was Liverpools best start in 20 odd years.

Comparing attendances from a Saturday afternoon game to a game the last Friday before Christmas game is highly irrelevant, and comparing the use of two stats even more so. Hard lines.

I dont know about years, I dont think you can really count starts in the first division as comparable, its obviously our worst start in the SPL or SPFL and is therefore very honking indeed given some of the starts we have made.

What an bizarre post.

What you are saying is that your stats are the only correct stats worth considering!?

What if I were to tell you that Saints have made worse starts and not been relegated, would you deny that fact?

ETA: Cue Lex trawling through the years to see if I'm just blaggarding him!

Edited by Vambo57

What an bizarre post.

What you are saying is that your stats are the only correct stats worth considering!?

What if I were to tell you that Saints have made worse starts and not been relegated, would you deny that fact?

You really are struggling today hm?

Who mentioned relegation? The fact is this is our worst start to a league campaign in over 20 years. Why is that getting you in such a tizzy?

I've just watched it again. It wasn't even nearly a penalty. Danny Lennon basically admitted as much after the game aswell. You're struggling today pal.

IMO it was a penalty, just because your opinion was that it wasn't, doesn't mean your opinion is correct. Your clutching at straws now mate, citing Danny as backup. Get over it.

IMO it was a penalty, just because your opinion was that it wasn't, doesn't mean your opinion is correct. Your clutching at straws now mate, citing Danny as backup. Get over it.

You're not going to make me post screen shots of the highlights here are you? For starters, you clearly don't understand the rule. You say the initial contact was outside the box, that means its not a penalty regardless of subsequent foul.

Moving away from your misunderstanding of the rules though, Lasley is never near the line, trailing leg or not.

Danny does not dispute the decision in his interview. He says words to the effect of it doesn't matter if the decision was right Thomson needs to be stronger.

You're not going to make me post screen shots of the highlights here are you? For starters, you clearly don't understand the rule. You say the initial contact was outside the box, that means its not a penalty regardless of subsequent foul.

Moving away from your misunderstanding of the rules though, Lasley is never near the line, trailing leg or not.

Danny does not dispute the decision in his interview. He says words to the effect of it doesn't matter if the decision was right Thomson needs to be stronger.

Lasley fouled Newton twice, the second time on the line.

Acht...................presently we have a club in drift mode.............still waiting , looking hoping that perfect St Mirren minded owner(s )to take over. We have a playing squad drifting in and out of the team , a manager drifting seemingly rudderless all over the place pondering over what his best eleven are............

We as a club are drifting away , I think the manager has one game left to halt this horrendous run............if we get pumped, beaten , fail to get a point , whatever, against Hibs on Saturday he's a goner.

All in all a total shame , hate threads like this but facts are facts and afraid there are far too many loose ends about our club just now.................the manager and his results since March are undeniable, yet are just one aspect of the far from ideal position of the club.

The problem St Mirren have is what comes next ....and where is the club sale heading ? I hear names like Peter Houston , Kenny Sheils, Steven Thomson and Gary Teale, Craig Levein, Jim McCintyre .................bangin.gif

A safe pair of hands as a manager , or a change of fortune on the park..............hoping against hope for a win on Saturday.

There , cleared my throut...................feel a wee bit better rip.gif

Would be the perfect squad for Levein to take over, there's hardly any strikers for him to bench!

If you saw Thommo with 10 mins to go you could see that there are serious problems within the set up.Looked like Tommy was getting it tight in first half from fans behind the dug out and giving it back.

Not from "fans" behind the dugout.

One fan from nearer the back behind the dugout shouted that he didn't like the attempts at passing it out from the keeper to start a move.

Tommy asked him to be patient as it was so early in the game.

If fans start showing anxiety so early in a game it is likely to feed through to the players.

Utter nonsense. You can't possibly know that the linesman and referee weren't already discussing things. Having the players around meant he needed to move away and go old school by actually going over and talking to the linesman.

All 4 officials are "miked up".

There is no need for the ref to "go over" to any of the other officials.

The referees all say they can only give something "if they see it". It's the excuse they roll out every time for not giving anything when it is obvious to everyone around.

Officials at SFA level ask players and managers not to challenge decisions as this makes the officials on the field jobs difficult.

I agree it wasn't a penalty, but the referee made a mistake. The linesman made a mistake.

How many seconds would it have taken for the referee whilst he makes the decision in his brain to say on his "open all mics", "I'm giving a penalty" and for the linesman to reply "I disagree". 4 or 5 seconds?

Or do we have an official running the line who was frightened to disagree with the referee without the backing of the Motherwell players?

The guy who sits in the stand giving the officials marks out of ten should be asking the officials some questions.

The referees all say they can only give something "if they see it". It's the excuse they roll out every time for not giving anything when it is obvious to everyone around.

Officials at SFA level ask players and managers not to challenge decisions as this makes the officials on the field jobs difficult.

I agree it wasn't a penalty, but the referee made a mistake. The linesman made a mistake.

How many seconds would it have taken for the referee whilst he makes the decision in his brain to say on his "open all mics", "I'm giving a penalty" and for the linesman to reply "I disagree". 4 or 5 seconds?

Or do we have an official running the line who was frightened to disagree with the referee without the backing of the Motherwell players?

The guy who sits in the stand giving the officials marks out of ten should be asking the officials some questions.

I don't agree, I believe the ref makes the call and the linesman won't undermine him unless he is asked for his opinion.

The ref gave the penalty straight away, the linesman would think that the ref was certain it was a penalty, what was he to do. Undermine him by saying in his opinion it was outside the box or wait until he is asked his opinion. The officials need to work as a team, the last thing they need to do is argue with each other. If the ref was adamant that it was a penalty then the linesman needs to support the refs decision. If the ref is unsure then he can consult with the linesman.

Not sure what the fuss is about everyone bar Vambo agrees they eventually got the decision correct.

I've noticed in leagues across Europe that Refs tend to walk away from crowding to discuss incidents with their assistants. Danny must have noticed this when looking for tactics to make a complete arse of copying.

I don't agree, I believe the ref makes the call and the linesman won't undermine him unless he is asked for his opinion.

The ref gave the penalty straight away, the linesman would think that the ref was certain it was a penalty, what was he to do. Undermine him by saying in his opinion it was outside the box or wait until he is asked his opinion. The officials need to work as a team, the last thing they need to do is argue with each other. If the ref was adamant that it was a penalty then the linesman needs to support the refs decision. If the ref is unsure then he can consult with the linesman.

Not sure what the fuss is about everyone bar Vambo agrees they eventually got the decision correct.

I'm undecided.

Without getting into was it a penalty or not.

Assistant referees are instructed to do the following. If ball has crossed line and no resason to disallow goal run to centre line, if penalty is conceded to run to goal line. If infringement has taken place stand at point and raise flag. On sat he ran to goal line and never rasied his flag so both thought it was a penalty and both have then changed their mind. So you would think that both officals have seen it as a penalty, but motherwells better quality referees seen it better. Simples but strange......