Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

The BOD should have seen this coming weeks ago but instead they looked out the prayer mats desperate for Danny to turn it around to save them money. They'll be sweating now as the nest egg is looking dodgier by the week. So what do they do , pay Danny off or take the financial risk on getting relegated hoping that Hearts and RFC are in the same division ?

The silence from them is deafening !

The BOD should have seen this coming weeks ago but instead they looked out the prayer mats desperate for Danny to turn it around to save them money. They'll be sweating now as the nest egg is looking dodgier by the week. So what do they do , pay Danny off or take the financial risk on getting relegated hoping that Hearts and RFC are in the same division ?

Aye, attention must shift to them now.

No point slating Lennon now, as we would be saying the same things ad nauseum.

The buck stops at the door of the boardroom.

I think this might be the last straw for the BoDs.

I wasn't there but going by the reports we lacked any cohesion.

I have stood up for Danny on numerous occassions but I can't see how he'll survive this. Not because of the result but because of the performance. Whether it's due to the players just not playing for him or not understanding HOW they should be playing a club can't change a whole team. THE only option will be to change the coaching staff.

I still don't see how they do this fnancially as it will be a hit and a half but they are running out of breathing space fast.

Personally I would have loved DL to prove the doubters wrong but unfortunately this hasn't happened.

Unfortunately for them it's a lose-lose.

The prospect of paying up DL for his contract or the eventuality that our crowds will drop to sub 3,000 every week. Because it will happen if something isn't done.

They HAVE to act. As you know, SGG is an active member of this forum and is regularly contributing....his lack of activity in the last few weeks in the face of increasing unrest is concerning to say the least.

I don't know the ins and outs of whats gone on over the summer with regards to budgets and the likes, but it's extremely odd that a guy who usually had the bones of his business wrapped up relatively early in the summer, had to scramble for so many loan signings from other clubs.

Are the board now resting on a nest-egg and unhappy to fork out more, reducing their share? I hate to be a cynic, but it certainly seems that way.

Unfortunately for them it's a lose-lose.

The prospect of paying up DL for his contract or the eventuality that our crowds will drop to sub 3,000 every week. Because it will happen if something isn't done.

They HAVE to act. As you know, SGG is an active member of this forum and is regularly contributing....his lack of activity in the last few weeks in the face of increasing unrest is concerning to say the least.

I don't know the ins and outs of whats gone on over the summer with regards to budgets and the likes, but it's extremely odd that a guy who usually had the bones of his business wrapped up relatively early in the summer, had to scramble for so many loan signings from other clubs.

Are the board now resting on a nest-egg and unhappy to fork out more, reducing their share? I hate to be a cynic, but it certainly seems that way.

SG is very approachable. I contacted him a few weeks ago and got back in touch and clarified a lot of things for me.

As I have just posted in the match thread, this isn't about Lennon now.

The only people who can take the action required to turn this situation around are the Directors of the club. Lennon is now an irrelevance in many respects as he clearly cannot do a damn thing to sort out this sorry shambles.

Emergency Board meeting on Monday, and Danny's services to be dispensed with. That won't sort things out, but it would be the necessary start.

A shame, but no place for sentiment now.

Get it sorted Gilmour!

I was thinking about saying that exact thing.

Just watch our crowds fall as the less devout amongst us must have better things to do on a Saturday. We are in a downward spiral and I am only thankful that Kilmarnock are as awful as us.

Regrettably may I add but the inevitable is surely now that, inevitable.

PS I am still scunnered

As I have just posted in the match thread, this isn't about Lennon now.

The only people who can take the action required to turn this situation around are the Directors of the club. Lennon is now an irrelevance in many respects as he clearly cannot do a damn thing to sort out this sorry shambles.

Emergency Board meeting on Monday, and Danny's services to be dispensed with. That won't sort things out, but it would be the necessary start.

A shame, but no place for sentiment now.

Get it sorted Gilmour!

The saying fools rush in comes to mind. The board need to be really careful as this is a massive decision and if they get it wrong we will be fooked.

It's dead easy to say sack Danny but the real dilemma is getting in the correct person to replace him. Get this wrong and we will have played our last card.

saint in exile

Posted Today, 17:03
Got your stats wrong, mate. We won 5 games in our League Cup run during 2012/2013. It's bad enough without you making it worse.
Sorry to say I've got them bang on correct. If you read my post I quote from 1st January 2012 not the start of the 2012 / 13 season. We won our three other games in that competition before the end of December.

The saying fools rush in comes to mind. The board need to be really careful as this is a massive decision and if they get it wrong we will be fooked.

It's dead easy to say sack Danny but the real dilemma is getting in the correct person to replace him. Get this wrong and we will have played our last card.

No-one is suggesting it is an easy call, but to do nothing is not an option now.

SG is very approachable. I contacted him a few weeks ago and got back in touch and clarified a lot of things for me.

Oh, I know he is.

My issue is that there isn't a lot being said on here. SG was very quick to keep the masses in the loop last summer with the whole Sevco debacle on this very site and I'm under no illusions that he's read most everything said on the matter on here. Unfortunately though, at a time where a lot of people were frothing at the mouth over the summer, about budgets, signings etc, he could have quelled a few concerns, without going into specifics.

As it stands though. It's simmered away since then. Rumour has met counter rumour and we're now at a stage where instead of DL, the majority of the shit is falling at the BODs' door.

saint in exile

Posted Today, 17:03

Got your stats wrong, mate. We won 5 games in our League Cup run during 2012/2013. It's bad enough without you making it worse.

Sorry to say I've got them bang on correct. If you read my post I quote from 1st January 2012 not the start of the 2012 / 13 season. We won our three other games in that competition before the end of December.

You mean 2013 then

No need for the title.

No need to abuse the guy.

The board must act

Yes I agree totally.

I am sure that Danny has done his very best and this community of forum user's has absolutely no right to abuse our Dan the manager man.

It would have been best for all concerned had the appropriate action taken place two weeks ago but that was not the fault of Dan the manager man. He has done his very best, had one outstanding success but is now failing in his duties. He will always carry with him the best wishes of me and many other supporters of our fine club in whatever he does next. Yes his time is past due but we have no justification in abusing him.

This departure has been made far more painful than it had to be.Why? Why wasn't he sacked after the Thistle game?

Because the board believe he needs time to turn it around, it's one thing sacking him and another thing getting in someone who can do better.