Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

I thought it was worth a new thread David, as many are calling for a shift in emphasis now.

Anyhoo....

Just for the record Drew, and at the risk of creating even more confusion, it wasn't your thread I was referring to. :-) I think yours is absolutely valid. It was the Mearnssaint thread that seemed to exist purely to call Lennon a fanny that I took exception to.

Arguably last years run of 6 defeats on the trot, scoring 5 and conceding 15 was worse than we're seeing now. Following that run we went in to lose only 2 of our next 14 games (2-0 at Parkhead and a freak 4-1 reversal to Ross County), so strange shit happens.

Thing is during the 6 game slide we always knew that a big part of the problem was Gowser missing. That's not been the case this time and things are looking pretty bleak at the moment because you just can't see where the goals, never mind the wins, are coming from.

Lennon won't resign, why would he? If the BOD want a change they are going to have to man up. If they don't want to do that then they should come out and give Lennon their full support. He's carrying the can here on his own here and you have to think that the BOD are culpable in some respect for the f**king mess we currently find ourselves in.

Arguably last years run of 6 defeats on the trot, scoring 5 and conceding 15 was worse than we're seeing now. Following that run we went in to lose only 2 of our next 14 games (2-0 at Parkhead and a freak 4-1 reversal to Ross County), so strange shit happens.

Thing is during the 6 game slide we always knew that a big part of the problem was Gowser missing. That's not been the case this time and things are looking pretty bleak at the moment because you just can't see where the goals, never mind the wins, are coming from.

Lennon won't resign, why would he? If the BOD want a change they are going to have to man up. If they don't want to do that then they should come out and give Lennon their full support. He's carrying the can here on his own here and you have to think that the BOD are culpable in some respect for the f**king mess we currently find ourselves in.

i blame cheesy for not getting dropped..his dad says if he's no playing he's bursting the ball...

Since this weekend last year we have played 38 league games and the record is

W7 D12 L19 F41 A67

An 18% win rate and 50% loss rate with a GD of -26 is most certainly grounds for dismissal its a shocking record

7 out of 38...yeah, he's really lifted us to a new level. Oh and he's not a legend either, we use that word far too liberally.

Brilliant....More personal abuse being dished out.........exactly what we need right now....

Well said. I agree with the guys who have said that Lennon should go, but dishing out personal insults isnt called for. I personally wish the guy all the best in what he does in the future but that his future is not with St. Mirren.

I haven't checked the stats on this but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the worst start to a season St. Mirren have ever made in their entire history.

Dont quote me on this, but think we did slighly worse with Jimmy Bone (in his second stint in the 1990's) but we arent far off from that!

Dont quote me on this, but think we did slighly worse with Jimmy Bone (in his second stint in the 1990's) but we arent far off from that!

No we never. Before today this was our first start since 91/92.

After today, I've yet to establish how many records we have broken. I suspect it goes back to the war.

St.Mirren DOB and Man Up- that's two phrases that dont go toghether!

We would never have seen today's performance from a Saints team under Gus. We had bad spells under him, but never this bad.

Say what you like about Gus, but he was a hard little... Man. The players were scared of him. They knew if they never gave their all for him he'd go right though them.

Not so with nice guy Danny. I can just imagine his post match team talk:

' keep working hard, keep your heads up, keep believing... Blah blah blah'

The same team talk he gave after the Ross County game, after the QOTS game, after the Thistle game, after the Well game. The same talk the players aren't listening to every week. Poor Danny's getting laughed at by his own players.

What this squad needs is a hard c**t of a manager, someone to go in there and sort them right out. Someone to go in the dressing room and blow the egos ( yes you Jim Goodwin ) out the water.

Not the time to call for the managers head. For the cup win he deserves until at least January, however home form has been disgraceful and I don't know how the board expect people to turn up to watch a team who can't win a game at home and you cant win games at home when you only have two strikers in the squad. Blatantly obvious from the moment we got rid of Parkin and guy and didnt get isma back that we were in need of at least two quality strikers. It's a disgrace that a premier league club can start the season with a veteran in his last season and a boy up front. Not reasons to blame the manager but the board are also partly to blame. More should have been done to bring in new faces, for example Doris, and we shouldn't have been so hasty in releasing good squad players from their contracts. Lennon has fu**ed up big time this summer but now is not the time for a new manager, lets hope Lennon gets his finger out before deadline day and stick it out until January. Also for being the only spl team outwith Celtic to win a trophy it is totally unacceptable for the board to give Danny a shoestring budget. I'm all for the club living within its means but it can't grow without some sort of investment.

We cant keep on like this until January- we'll be relegated by Jesus birthday if things keep on as they are.

If what you relate in the first paragraph really took place the manager should have been removed immediately.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

If this actually transpired then the players involved are letting themselves and the club down but you absolutely need strong leadership at the helm of a football club and if Danny can't bring that to the table then he only has himself to blame.

Thing is, if something isn't done relatively soon then it will have to be post the Hearts game IMO as it comes right on the heels of the game on Monday week with the Dandies and the team will have barely enough time to prep for that without a new manager coming in too. I can't see us winning either of those games the way we're playing at the moment and Hearts were to beat us that day we could be right in the shit.

I've never fancied Lennon as our manager from the first interview where he referred to himself in the third person but I am feeling for him at the moment because he seems like a good guy who gives 110% to the cause. He just doesn't appear to have what it takes at this level. The BOD should do the decent thing and put him out of his misery before things get completely out of hand.

I heard from a reliable source that there wasn't much of a post-match team talk after the Queen of the South match. I was informed the Manager was sitting in the corner with his head in his hands while a first-team central defender and regular had a massive rant and meltdown at his own team-mates and Manager and Assistant Coach before deciding he would rather go home by alternative transport to the team coach. This makes me sad as I feel for Danny and feel like he is being hung out to dry by people at the club who should know better.

Surely you don't mean a John Brown type of character? unsure.pngohmy.png

I was given an account of Danny sitting down, head in hands, repeating "f**k me".

You talk about people who should know better, but Danny is leading them. It's not like they can know better through experience, even the Cup win was jammy as you can get as we were bombarded by Hearts until getting a break of the ball. Just where would most of them have learned these "know better" behaviours? Most with us, others are well known for their little tantrums or downing tools. We have captain calamity, Gowser who's a mouthy wee shite and toys out the pram Harkins.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

If this actually transpired then the players involved are letting themselves and the club down but you absolutely need strong leadership at the helm of a football club and if Danny can't bring that to the table then he only has himself to blame.

Thing is, if something isn't done relatively soon then it will have to be post the Hearts game IMO as it comes right on the heels of the game on Monday week with the Dandies and the team will have barely enough time to prep for that without a new manager coming in too. I can't see us winning either of those games the way we're playing at the moment and Hearts were to beat us that day we could be right in the shit.

I've never fancied Lennon as our manager from the first interview where he referred to himself in the third person but I am feeling for him at the moment because he seems like a good guy who gives 110% to the cause. He just doesn't appear to have what it takes at this level. The BOD should do the decent thing and put him out of his misery before things get completely out of hand.

He does refer to himself in the third person a lot, whats all that about. An ex manager of mine at a major uk bank(Lloyds) did that a lot of the time too- and she was an absolute waster. Not saying that Danny is a waster but the similarities is it allows them to give an answer but as if they are somone else, sometimes as a 'diversion' tactic,