Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Out here in Barbados which should be a buzz but only feel gutted at the score and for those who were at the game. Thought the players would have given Danny and the fans a reaction given the speculation on Danny but its not to be. Something wrong is deep routed and for me it's time for Danny to go the two week break should have been time enough to work on getting things right ,

I heard from a reliable source that there wasn't much of a post-match team talk after the Queen of the South match. I was informed the Manager was sitting in the corner with his head in his hands while a first-team central defender and regular had a massive rant and meltdown at his own team-mates and Manager and Assistant Coach before deciding he would rather go home by alternative transport to the team coach.

Pish

I heard from a reliable source that there wasn't much of a post-match team talk after the Queen of the South match. I was informed the Manager was sitting in the corner with his head in his hands while a first-team central defender and regular had a massive rant and meltdown at his own team-mates and Manager and Assistant Coach before deciding he would rather go home by alternative transport to the team coach. This makes me sad as I feel for Danny and feel like he is being hung out to dry by people at the club who should know better.

Surely you don't mean a John Brown type of character? :unsure::o

Reliable source?

It's amazing how stories change after being passed from reliable source to reliable source to reliable source....

I can tell you that this is 100% bull shit.

The massive rant came after the Ross County game when Danny told the players we were the better team and we played well after getting pumped 3-0.

This central defender you're talking about thought Danny should be going mad at the team instead of saying we were the better team and everyone let off a bit of frustration in the dressing room. A sports psychologist had been hired and maybe Danny had been trying to take some of his mental approach a little too far? Who knows but Danny style is not to rip into individuals.

That day the defender your talking about got on the team coach which took the players to Perth, he then travelled with Thommo back to Paisley.

The night of the QoS game there was no 'rant' in the dressing room from this central defender (no prizes for naming him by now), he kept his mouth shut and listened to what the gaffer had to say. he did not travel back on the team coach, which btw is nothing unusual. This wasn't because he was in a huff or any other reason, it was always the plan. He travelled back in my car which was arranged before the game started.

There wasn't much of a post match team talk that night as it was late, the game went to extra time and the players had over an hour and a half travelling to get home. They were told to come in first thing the next day (which wasn't planned) instead.

The dressing room isn't a happy place right now, why should it be after our start but try getting facts right before making things worse.

Edited by davidg

Reliable source?

It's amazing how stories change after being passed from reliable source to reliable source to reliable source....

I can tell you that this is 100% bull shit.

The massive rant came after the Ross County game when Danny told the players we were the better team and we played well after getting pumped 3-0.

This central defender you're talking about thought Danny should be going mad at the team instead of saying we were the better team and everyone let off a bit of frustration in the dressing room. A sports psychologist had been hired and maybe Danny had been trying to take some of his mental approach a little too far? Who knows but Danny style is not to rip into individuals.

That day the defender your talking about got on the team coach which took the players to Perth, he then travelled with Thommo back to Paisley.

The night of the QoS game there was no 'rant' in the dressing room from this central defender (no prizes for naming him by now), he kept his mouth shut and listened to what the gaffer had to say. he did not travel back on the team coach, which btw is nothing unusual. This wasn't because he was in a huff or any other reason, it was always the plan. He travelled back in my car which was arranged before the game started.

There wasn't much of a post match team talk that night as it was late, the game went to extra time and the players had over an hour and a half travelling to get home. They were told to come in first thing the next day (which wasn't planned) instead.

The dressing room isn't a happy place right now, why should it be after our start but try getting facts right before making things worse.

Sensible post.

Having been involved with the team in the past and having travelled on the team bus for more than 25 years, this seems a much more likely scenario than some of the fairy tales spun in earlier posts. Sounds as if some of these posters still believe in the tooth fairy.

Thompson looked totally flay yesterday. Now I have been told by a media friend that the players have"chucked it". If so then it's a disgrace we are the ones who suffer most couldn't this shower of wasters not play for us? I doubt a new manager will be able to save us. This problem is far worse than just punting the gaffer

Indeed!

I believe he's had backing. The Board will have highlighted the effect of paying players off, renewing contracts early last season and paying Harkins 2k per week and Gowser the alleged 4k per week. I don't know what we made during the Cup run, but seriously doubt it made a real difference. I also believe the Board must have demanded better in the league. As it stands, our squad is a mess, the wage structure is all over the place, even we don't know our best eleven and the performances are dire. No lessons learned, no togetherness and if there was a risk register it would read "Lennon has worked with the players each week" with an 80 to 90% chance of the associated risk of a loss being realised as a result.

Gowser is not on 4k.

Say what you want mate and you and Div continue to post stuff that you're both being told to in order to undermine the Management team. The very fact that others on here are allowed to post what they want I'm not says a lot about you both. I've been told stuff that suggests some players aren't performing their duties as best as they can and have "switched off". Thanks for confirming that you were the one who took said player home after that particular game, although I'd already been told that anyway. I'm sure you, Div, your friends within the club and all of your mates on here and in the boozer will get your wish come true eventually.

This post is even more bollox than your first post.

I post what I want and post my opinion.

I'm not disagreeing that some players have switched off as I agree with this, I've posted this as my opinion several times. Senior players are taking the piss IMO,and that's what it is, an opinion.

My reply was in response to a post that didn't have a hint if truth and I felt it needed corrected.

Say what you want mate and you and Div continue to post stuff that you're both being told to in order to undermine the Management team.

The very fact that others on here are allowed to post what they want I'm not says a lot about you both.

I've been told stuff that suggests some players aren't performing their duties as best as they can and have "switched off". Thanks for confirming that you were the one who took said player home after that particular game, although I'd already been told that anyway.

I'm sure you, Div, your friends within the club and all of your mates on here and in the boozer will get your wish come true eventually.

I don't get this point you're making.

David G, I admittedly don't know much about, I do know he's got plenty of inside knowledge of SMFC and am inclined to believe the majority of what he says in relation to SMFC and the personnel.

Div, however, has always been 100% behind Danny until the last few weeks and has never undermined him any time I've noticed.

To be honest, I don't have to fight any of their battles, they are both big and ugly enough to do that for themselves. I do wonder though, what is your point? It seems to be that the guy has sounded your post out as nonsense, posted a rebuttal to it and the facts of what went on (by your own admission, he took the CH in question home in his car, so no doubt got the entire story first hand), and you've spit the dummy at your 'reliable source' being blown apart on a public forum.

Just the way it looks from here.

I was given an account of Danny sitting down, head in hands, repeating "f**k me".

You talk about people who should know better, but Danny is leading them. It's not like they can know better through experience, even the Cup win was jammy as you can get as we were bombarded by Hearts until getting a break of the ball. Just where would most of them have learned these "know better" behaviours? Most with us, others are well known for their little tantrums or downing tools. We have captain calamity, Gowser who's a mouthy wee shite and toys out the pram Harkins.

Not having that! We deserved to win the cup. Nothing jammy about it.

As I said..."Aye, whatever". I see Faraway Saint has liked your post - says it all really.

"Aye, whatever." doesn't cut it as an explanation.

What do you mean...says it all about what? I have no knowledge, prior opinion of, or affiliation with Faraway Saint. Are you suggesting that him liking my post in some way does? I didn't realise you could control who does and doesn't agree with your opinions.

So, I give you a fully reasoned out debate on this subject and your response is "Aye, whatever."....truly the mark of a man who doesn't have a response to a reasonable point being made. Classic dummy spitting antics.

What, sack the only guy who's ever won anything of any note since 1987?

I think there are people on here that just think what the BBC tell them to think.

Its time that the sausage roll thieving, credit taking, polyester tie wearing Mr Gilmour grew a pair, and made his support for Danny absolutely clear.

What, sack the only guy who's ever won anything of any note since 1987?

I think there are people on here that just think what the BBC tell them to think.

Its time that the sausage roll thieving, credit taking, polyester tie wearing Mr Gilmour grew a pair, and made his support for Danny absolutely clear.

Actually I agree with that.

Now is the time for our board to make their support clear for Danny regardless of how that will be presented in the press.

I want to hear them say they'll stick by him during this time, that his job is not under threat and that it's the players who need to sort themselves out.

If I was chairman there's no way I'd be sitting back and letting rumours grow.

I'd make sure that any players downing tools understood that Danny was here until the end of May as a minimum as is correct and proper for a legendary manager of our club.

In private I'd also want to understand exactly what has gone wrong in the changing room since March and what went wrong during the transfer window.

Those are the only two questions worth debating because they cut to the heart of what needs fixing.

I should also add. If I was a player I'd be willing to drag myself over hot coal to protect a manager who was so obsessed with protecting my crap performances in public. It would take a selfish coward not to see that Danny is deliberately hiding the players from the flak and trying to take it on his own shoulders. I would be in the papers telling the fans this as well, accepting responsibility and explaining what was going wrong.

Within the club itself I'd be verbally tearing a strip off anyone not pulling a shift. Poor play I could deal with. Lack of a shift being put in and I'd be pretty ruthless in my response.

Danny is displaying real courage, decency and honour in thes interviews in the face of players who apparently couldn't care less about him.

This tells me a lot of positive things about the character of the man.

Edited by oaksoft

I should also add. If I was a player I'd be willing to drag myself over hot coal to protect a manager who was so obsessed with protecting my crap performances in public. It would take a selfish coward not to see that Danny is deliberately hiding the players from the flak and trying to take it on his own shoulders. I would be in the papers telling the fans this as well, accepting responsibility and explaining what was going wrong.

Within the club itself I'd be verbally tearing a strip off anyone not pulling a shift. Poor play I could deal with. Lack of a shift being put in and I'd be pretty ruthless in my response.

Danny is displaying real courage, decency and honour in thes interviews in the face of players who apparently couldn't care less about him.

This tells me a lot of positive things about the character of the man.

I'd agree with much of that, but, sadly, Danny is on a hiding to nothing now, whatever he would try to do.

It is a shocking state of affairs, and someone needs to come in and put a bomb under a few arses. I don't think Danny is the man to do that, and it wouldn't appear that anyone else who is currently at the club has the balls to do it either.

Piss poor, and utterly demoralising all round.

Edited by Drew

If my post was "100% bull shit" and "didn't have a hint of truth" why did you say that a member of the first team did in fact have a rant after a game and had a go at his colleagues and Boss? Why did "everyone let off a bit of frustration in the dressing room" if my post was "100% bull shit"?

Just asking. I'm not having a go and jumping down your or anyone else's throat the way others have been with me. We both know there was a massive argument/bust up/frustration release whatever you wish to call it in the dressing room but hey, because I said it, it must be "100% bull shit" without a "hint of truth".

It was bull shit.

You got the game wrong and claimed he stormed off and didn't get on the team coach because of this dressing room argument.

The part about Danny sitting with his head in his hands, not having a post match talk after the QoS is also bull shit and this didn't happen after the county game either. Pure fabrication.

If my post was "100% bull shit" and "didn't have a hint of truth" why did you say that a member of the first team did in fact have a rant after a game and had a go at his colleagues and Boss? Why did "everyone let off a bit of frustration in the dressing room" if my post was "100% bull shit"?

Just asking. I'm not having a go and jumping down your or anyone else's throat the way others have been with me. We both know there was a massive argument/bust up/frustration release whatever you wish to call it in the dressing room but hey, because I said it, it must be "100% bull shit" without a "hint of truth".

Boo hoo hoo. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

So since the Thistle game 3 weeks ago, what's happened? Many well informed people expected him to be sacked after a home defeat to Thistle, somehow he wasn't.

Has he done anything in the 3 weeks since to convince those in charge that he's the right man for the job? We've had plenty of bluster, plenty of sound bites. Has anything changed though?

No, it hasn't. Not only have we lost both games without scoring since the Thistle match, we've not even created a single chance in either game.

The players haven't showed any heart, they haven't showed any fight. They are playing like they want the manager sacked.

It was bull shit.

You got the game wrong and claimed he stormed off and didn't get on the team coach because of this dressing room argument.

The part about Danny sitting with his head in his hands, not having a post match talk after the QoS is also bull shit and this didn't happen after the county game either. Pure fabrication.

Indeed.

If people are going to post blatant lies to try and undermine the team, you're quite correct to post the truth.