Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Really? You must be much older than me then cause I can't. St Mirren fans have been amongst the most fickle all my life. Even calling for Ricky McFarlanes head at half time in one match to chanting his name at full time. Remember all those after match demonstrations behind the main stand in the 80s trying to get managers sacked. It's not just an Internet phenomenon.

That's absolute classic Dickson pish.

Every single football team in the world is intolerant of failure on any scale.

ALL clubs have fans who are ludicrously and laughably fickle.

For many millions of fans, losing a footy match can have a more negative effect than being diagnosed with something incurable.

It's as ludicrous as it is hilarious to watch but don't give us this shite that somehow Saints fans are one of the worst.

I don't believe in luck. It's not fortune that guides you it's your ability to create and take opportunities.

People who believe in luck tend to have a very jaundiced view of what is lucky and what isn't. According to my cleaner she needs to put the same numbers on the lottery every week. If she forgets she worries that will be the week she may have won the lottery. But if she does forget and her numbers don't come up she doesn't deem it lucky that she was prevented from losing money and instead she beats herself up about it. Ofcourse the reason for this isn't that she believes in luck - what she's worried about is that she may have squandered an opportunity.

St Mirren haven't run out of luck. The reality is that it's a shite team with a shite squad of players and the fact they are amassed at St Mirren is no doubt down to poor leadership from the top. It's for those in the know to decide if the poor leadership is coming from Lennon, Caldwell or from Gilmour. I know where I'd place my bets if I was looking for an opportunity.

Really? You must be much older than me then cause I can't. St Mirren fans have been amongst the most fickle all my life. Even calling for Ricky McFarlanes head at half time in one match to chanting his name at full time. Remember all those after match demonstrations behind the main stand in the 80s trying to get managers sacked. It's not just an Internet phenomenon.

I remember it happened once just after Alex Miller took over.

We drew 3-3 to Clydebank in the league cup section.

Miller didn't get off to a good start pumped 5-0 off Rangers,St Johnstone who were rock bottom at the time beat us 3-2 and i think Aberdeen gave us a doing as well.

About 50 went round to complain as i think we were expecting a bigger name to take the job and weren't happy about Miller taking charge.

Ended up Miller going out and inviting them in for a chat

The following Sat they pumped Rangers 3-0 and went on a great unbeaten run with famous victories against Sellic 4-2 and Dundee Utd 4-0

I don't believe in luck. It's not fortune that guides you it's your ability to create and take opportunities.

People who believe in luck tend to have a very jaundiced view of what is lucky and what isn't. According to my cleaner she needs to put the same numbers on the lottery every week. If she forgets she worries that will be the week she may have won the lottery. But if she does forget and her numbers don't come up she doesn't deem it lucky that she was prevented from losing money and instead she beats herself up about it. Ofcourse the reason for this isn't that she believes in luck - what she's worried about is that she may have squandered an opportunity.

St Mirren haven't run out of luck. The reality is that it's a shite team with a shite squad of players and the fact they are amassed at St Mirren is no doubt down to poor leadership from the top. It's for those in the know to decide if the poor leadership is coming from Lennon, Caldwell or from Gilmour. I know where I'd place my bets if I was looking for an opportunity.

One more flawed analogy, in reality in terms of being SPFL bottom feeders we have a decent squad, lacking in places but no different from others in our situation. If only you would extend your boycott of SPL matches and Saints in particular to this forum - if you really meant what you say it'd make you a lot happier. rolleyes.gif

One more flawed analogy, in reality in terms of being SPFL bottom feeders we have a decent squad, lacking in places but no different from others in our situation. If only you would extend your boycott of SPL matches and Saints in particular to this forum - if you really meant what you say it'd make you a lot happier. rolleyes.gif

I remember it happened once just after Alex Miller took over.

We drew 3-3 to Clydebank in the league cup section.

Miller didn't get off to a good start pumped 5-0 off Rangers,St Johnstone who were rock bottom at the time beat us 3-2 and i think Aberdeen gave us a doing as well.

About 50 went round to complain as i think we were expecting a bigger name to take the job and weren't happy about Miller taking charge.

Ended up Miller going out and inviting them in for a chat

The following Sat they pumped Rangers 3-0 and went on a great unbeaten run with famous victories against Sellic 4-2 and Dundee Utd 4-0

Miller wasn't boss v Rangers in the 5-0 game , we were managerless! Miller played his last game for Morton against Alloa that night.

My superstition is that the more black there is in the strip the less successful we are. Check the relegation seasons and the cup wins over the years. Strips with more white have been more successful. I should have known from the start this was going to be a bad year Not only is there more black on the strip it actually says Blacks across the front!!

i

I concur with Danny. Too much black

Who gives a rats f**k about your cleaner. BORE OFF DICKson.

No you don't - you've got a really poor squad from what I've seen this season. Your goalkeepers are below average for the division, your defence is a mess - particularly on the left where Grainger is a shadow of how he used to be. Your midfield looks lightweight at best and completely unbalanced. And your attack is so toothless it could be sponsored by Steradent.

Someone at the club took a gamble this season and decided that with Hearts being so far behind that the club could "get away" with weakening the squad and pushing youths into the first team. It hasn't worked and the person culpable is where the buck should stop. Put it this way BtB, do you really believe that if St Mirren sack Lennon that suddenly the club will go on a long undefeated run?

Yet another thread infested by what must be Morton fans predicting St Mirren losses and sackings.....

I remember when people who called them selves st mirren fans actually supported the team and believed they could win games.... sigh how times have changed since the rise of the fannyboy and all us internet professional footballing experts....

What if we win monday and beat hearts..?

I have defended DL to the hilt up to the last couple of weeks but this downward spiral simply cannot continue indefinitely. Something has to be done before it's retrievable and while I hope that means 2 great results in the next 2 games I really can't see it happening. If it does fantastic but if it doesn't how long do you suggest we go before action has to be taken ?

No you don't - you've got a really poor squad from what I've seen this season. Your goalkeepers are below average for the division, your defence is a mess - particularly on the left where Grainger is a shadow of how he used to be. Your midfield looks lightweight at best and completely unbalanced. And your attack is so toothless it could be sponsored by Steradent.

Someone at the club took a gamble this season and decided that with Hearts being so far behind that the club could "get away" with weakening the squad and pushing youths into the first team. It hasn't worked and the person culpable is where the buck should stop. Put it this way BtB, do you really believe that if St Mirren sack Lennon that suddenly the club will go on a long undefeated run?

What youth's are you referring too ?

No you don't - you've got a really poor squad from what I've seen this season. 1) Your goalkeepers are below average for the division, 2) your defence is a mess - particularly on the left where Grainger is a shadow of how he used to be. 3) Your midfield looks lightweight at best and completely unbalanced. 4) And your attack is so toothless it could be sponsored by Steradent.

5) Someone at the club took a gamble this season and decided that with Hearts being so far behind that the club could "get away" with weakening the squad and pushing youths into the first team. It hasn't worked and the person culpable is where the buck should stop. 6) Put it this way BtB, do you really believe that if St Mirren sack Lennon that suddenly the club will go on a long undefeated run?

1) That sounds a fair enough comment

2) Also a reasonable assertion

3) Completely in agreement

4) Not entirely in agreement. With Teale and Thommo the ability is in the squad but its a question of getting the best out of those players

5) Interesting assertion but I assume you do not have any source on that and you just made that up. Naughty naughty

6) That could easily happen. A new manager may actually play players in the correct position and may even try bringing back a certain Mr Mair or playing young Naismith but in any case a new manager may be able to improve our centre half shambles.

Also I note that you insist on using phrases such as "you've got a poor team". You do not need to do that as we all know you harbour deep feelings for our club so feel free to be more inclusive regarding yourself. In future I expect to see "our team" and "our manager" being the sort of reteric coming from your forum account.

After today's results Danny has probably got himself a further stay of execution irrespective of the result this Monday. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up for debate. I met a fellow st Mirren fan at work yesterday and he hopes we get pumped on Monday to get rid of Lennon. I cannot subscribe to that attitude however bad we appear. I have never and will never want us to lose no matter the circumstances. Two dyed in the wool buddies arguing in a jersey street! I am masochistically optimistic about Monday night. Will I ever learn

The thought that is worrying me is danny is a good genuine guy who is obviously trying hard and is frustrated. okay lets say he does get the push realistically we haven't a lot of cash to pay a manager and take care of any severance pay to current management team, so who will we bring in to manage come on paul Hartley seriously I don't want him any where near stmirren. we aren't totally cut off at the bottom of the league the now so I think 4 more games for danny and lets not forget the players who need to get off their arses and put in a shift as well. as for the board I have no comment to make apart from they are in it for themselves as this has always been the way of the stmirren board ive been following the buddies for over 35 years and like other fans it hurts the now so come on guys lets get behind the team and manager and give danny a fighting chance .

I agree with your comments about the team apart from the youths comment. Obviously the youths haven't been pushed into the team. Even John McGinn hasn't been getting a regular game!

What I don't agree is that "someone" at the club - and what you mean is the BoD - thought that they could "get away with it".

Terry Butcher has built another new team on the cheap. I bet his budget is lower than Lennon's. Partick Thistle are 9 pts ahead os us. I bet their budget is considerably lower than Lennon's. I bet that Ross County's budget is lower.

I think that the people to blame are Lennon and Craig. The fact is that they just don't know what they are doing. They are the ones who have put together an unbalanced squad, a midfield of sand dancers and tell them to fanny about with the ball until they give it straight to the opposition.

Of course, the BoD should never have appointed Lennon in the first place. And when they realised he was clueless during the first season they should have got shot of him rather than getting shot of the "brains", Jenkins, and attempting to appoint a new "brains", Tommy Craig. Instead of bringing in people to pull his strings they should have just got in a proper manager.

They are now in the position, after the incredible - but nonetheless, flukey - League Cup win that they feel under pressure not to sack him. They know they will get slaughtered in the press.

However, I think the sacking will come shortly. Results suddenly won't turn around. Lennon doesn't know what he is doing and Tommy Craig's tactics are dreadful.

I agree with your comments about the team apart from the youths comment. Obviously the youths haven't been pushed into the team. Even John McGinn hasn't been getting a regular game!

What I don't agree is that "someone" at the club - and what you mean is the BoD - thought that they could "get away with it".

Terry Butcher has built another new team on the cheap. I bet his budget is lower than Lennon's. Partick Thistle are 9 pts ahead os us. I bet their budget is considerably lower than Lennon's. I bet that Ross County's budget is lower.

I think that the people to blame are Lennon and Craig. The fact is that they just don't know what they are doing. They are the ones who have put together an unbalanced squad, a midfield of sand dancers and tell them to fanny about with the ball until they give it straight to the opposition.

Of course, the BoD should never have appointed Lennon in the first place. And when they realised he was clueless during the first season they should have got shot of him rather than getting shot of the "brains", Jenkins, and attempting to appoint a new "brains", Tommy Craig. Instead of bringing in people to pull his strings they should have just got in a proper manager.

They are now in the position, after the incredible - but nonetheless, flukey - League Cup win that they feel under pressure not to sack him. They know they will get slaughtered in the press.

However, I think the sacking will come shortly. Results suddenly won't turn around. Lennon doesn't know what he is doing and Tommy Craig's tactics are dreadful.

Flukey?

You make some valid points, Andy, but please explain this.

You don't think that an incredible win against Celtic in the midst on an incredible run of dreadful results wasn't a fluke?

If it wasn't a fluke then how come it isn't repeated?

Define 'fluke'.

We earned the cup, absolutely no question about that.

Must admit I only saw the Final live. FWIW felt we were very lucky not to be 2 or 3 down before we scored. I brought a mate up from England who hadn't seen us all season and after 10 minutes we were saying surely he's got to change this. Thompson was totally isolated knocking balls onto no one and with not a soul getting closer when he held the ball up until until finally Isma was moved inside about 35 minutes in. From that moment we were the better team IMO. Maybe we did freeze a bit, the inaction in changing the formation didn't help at all,

You don't think that an incredible win against Celtic in the midst on an incredible run of dreadful results wasn't a fluke?

If it wasn't a fluke then how come it isn't repeated?

It wasn't a fluke.

We totally deserved that win.

You're right about one thing it came out of nowhere and wasn't in keeping with the rest of the season

Must admit I only saw the Final live. FWIW felt we were very lucky not to be 2 or 3 down before we scored. I brought a mate up from England who hadn't seen us all season and after 10 minutes we were saying surely he's got to change this. Thompson was totally isolated knocking balls onto no one and with not a soul getting closer when he held the ball up until until finally Isma was moved inside about 35 minutes in. From that moment we were the better team IMO. Maybe we did freeze a bit, the inaction in changing the formation didn't help at all,

Surely the point is that DL saw the problem and fixed it! DL has, rightly, been getting pelters for bad tactical decisions but he got that one spot on!

I think the most worrying part of this season is that we haven't actually been unlucky.

We could easily have lost by more in Inverness. We were certainly lucky in the game at home to Killie - they were cruising to a win before Boydy got sent off. It was 3-0 going on 6-0 in Dingwall, we were lucky to get to extra time in Dumfries and we were certainly lucky in the Thistle home game to only lose 1-2. In the last 2 games the scoreline flattered us. Both Motherwell and Hibs missed clear cut chances en route to routine wins, whereas we never even created a half chance in either of those matches.

The last thing we need is a change of luck, if our good luck changes teams will really start hammering us.

What we need is a huge change in the attitude of the team, for them to at least start looking as if they're interested. Our squad isn't good enough - due to the vandalism of it in the summer - but we have a right to expect the players that we do have to be giving everything they have for the cause. They haven't even being doing that this season.

I think the most worrying part of this season is that we haven't actually been unlucky.

We could easily have lost by more in Inverness. We were certainly lucky in the game at home to Killie - they were cruising to a win before Boydy got sent off. It was 3-0 going on 6-0 in Dingwall, we were lucky to get to extra time in Dumfries and we were certainly lucky in the Thistle home game to only lose 1-2. In the last 2 games the scoreline flattered us. Both Motherwell and Hibs missed clear cut chances en route to routine wins, whereas we never even created a half chance in either of those matches.

The last thing we need is a change of luck, if our good luck changes teams will really start hammering us.

What we need is a huge change in the attitude of the team, for them to at least start looking as if they're interested. Our squad isn't good enough - due to the vandalism of it in the summer - but we have a right to expect the players that we do have to be giving everything they have for the cause. They haven't even being doing that this season.

I don't get to many games so I don't respond to most of the posters on here who watch us home and away but in the first 2 games of the season you are wrong. A dodgy penalty in Inverness and a 3-0 defeat was hard to take and Kilmarnock were never in cruise control in the 1-1 draw. What annoyed me about the Killie game was the lack of urgency about the match. We were down 1-0 when Boyd went off and we should have went on to win that match but I walked back to the pub with a sense of "och well". Never felt for a minute we were worse than them.

St Mirren were poor in both these games but to suggest we were lucky to lose 3-0 and lucky to draw with Killie is wrong. Is it a Paisley thing to look at life through a half empty glass that has a crack down the side.

dani bongo.

I agree that Killie were never finding it easy.

I would go further and say that, for large parts of the game v Kilmarnock we were in control.

I don't even think the sending off had as much bearing as some suggest. It took any chance of a cutting edge away from Killie but, by then, they were on the back foot. A combination of Samson's heroics and poor finishing is what took a victory from us.

I walked away from that game with what has been proven as false hope. You know the kind. "We need only that one bit of luck to start off our season", and "I can see the shoots of a recovery in that performance".

I haven't seen that since though and that's very worrying.

Edited by stlucifer