Give David Cornell A Break

BAWZ

Beaten too easy. Grainger is too far off Paton as well and Goodwin should have done better.

Goody put us under pressure with his shite free kick. Was so bad it looked like it was a training ground drill that went wrong.

Cheesy makes the run 2 or 3 times. On last run the ball is played to the other side straight past Harkins. Keeper punts it and bang, we're out.

I remember Samson punching a corner into his own net under no pressure at all live on sky at home vs rungers, somehow the ref gave a free kick. Then Samson did get a lot better, so Im sure Cornell will be fine and fans will be singing his praises by the end of the season.

Most keepers find it tough at first I think it takes time for the relationship to develop between defenders and keeper and they slowly understand each other. It's one reason why I think loans in this position are ropy for the first few games each season. Defenders will be thinking that the keeper has it covered based on Samson. When Cornell may be thinking a defender has it covered give home time.

Why the f**k are you posting on here?

f**ktheoldfirm f**kthistle f**ktheton

Whilst I'm slightly flattered at you continually quoting my posts, I must admit its somewhat disturbing me. Do you feel intimidated by my superior knowledge of the beautiful game?

Craig Samson cost us well over 15 goals, give Cornell a chance ya smelly goons

Once only reply to you......Don't think you're a St Mirren fan and if Craig Samson was still no 1 Relegation would seem further away. Nothing against the young keeper but NOT what we need right now........This position has to be filled next week with experience .....If Danny stays or goes... no keeper ...no chance.......Craig save us 15 points and won us the cup........All on his own!

Edited by reborn saint

3 goals have been shots, and no goalkeeper would have had a chance with them. So where are the defensive midfielders who have allowed these 3 goals to be struck the way they were. Cornell was good at Ross Cty and QoS, but like a great deal of keepers, they can make positional faults. Sammy was guilty of that latter of poor positioning for free kicks. We all cringed when free kicks were being taken during Sammy's reign. Cornell is quicker thinking than Samson as well, in that, he is quicker at delivering the ball to our players most of the time, Samson used to wait so long that the opposition were already back into their own half when he decided to move the ball. Cornell will be better as the season goes on. TBH, I was doubtful earlier in the season about him, but the last few games made me think differently

Once only reply to you......Don't think you're a St Mirren fan and if Craig Samson was still no 1 Relegation would seem further away. Nothing against the young keeper but NOT what we need right now........This position has to be filled next week with experience .....If Danny stays or goes... no keeper ...no chance.......Craig save us 15 points and won us the cup........All on his own!

I've been a st mirren fan my whole life fanny baws, I'm just not a sheep. I think freely without mob mentality.

When you were booing teale I was telling you to stitch up yer vagina, and when you daft arses were wanking about how great Samson was I was pointing out his mistakes.

If I actually gave a f**k I could go onto spl official on YouTube and post 15+ goals where Samson was to blame

He's a young guy, who as the OP says, deserves better protection from his defence. In particular, the number of ridiculous backpasses played at him needs to stop, as this is basically asking for the poor guy to make a mistake under pressure. Moreover, at Ross County's third goal last week, he was the only one paying any attention to Brittain's run. He should have shouted a bit louder for cover, rather than just pointing but it is perhaps a measure of where his confidence was at that he didn't speak up, and he may also be worried that his team-mates won't listen. And, when some of them don't seem to listen to their manager, I think that's understandable. Cornell is here and needs to be shown the same sort of support other loanees have and maybe even more since he's clearly nervy. Let's help the guy become more accomplished if we can.

Incidentally, while Sammy's reflexes were brilliant and he definitely kept us in many games, he also had his weaknesses. He took forever to get down to shots from outside the box, for example. But the key here is that few people had confidence in him as first choice once, but he grew into it. Cornell can do the same if he's given a chance and not hounded for every error (many of which seem to be a direct result of being asked to play too much with his feet. The manager should have sourced a goalie who was good at that if that was what he wanted).

Strikers always say they want to score early when they move to a new club, hopefully Cornell can make a coupla great saves in front of his home crowd today!

I hope he does next to nothing to be honest and our defence start to play well.

But i hope the family stand give him an extra cheer to boost the lad the same Sammy got

I've been a st mirren fan my whole life fanny baws, I'm just not a sheep. I think freely without mob mentality.

When you were booing teale I was telling you to stitch up yer vagina, and when you daft arses were wanking about how great Samson was I was pointing out his mistakes.

If I actually gave a f**k I could go onto spl official on YouTube and post 15+ goals where Samson was to blame

Great post.