Should Danny Stay?

Lex

Danny Lennon  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still back DL although with each passing day we don't sign a striker, and with each game we don't win, it is getting harder to fight his corner.

Dl is getting it tight at the moment and a lot of the criticism coming his way is justified although I think there are more problems at our club than just the managers tactics.

Get a striker (or 2) in, give us a strong performance and a victory on Saturday and use that as a defibrillator to get our season back to life. Failure to do both and I can see no way back.

Come on Danny and the players, now is the time to show us what you are made of

I am the same - I dont think we are that short - but the window is closing soon to get any real quality in, if that shuts and we have not got anyone of quality on board it will be a major failing of the manager - if we lose our next two home games then its pretty untenable.

I'm quite surprised at the results actually. Of the 48 people who've voted so far 56% think he should not remain as manager, i was expecting that figure to be higher.

You are probably surprised that not more on this forum have succumbed to your constant propaganda.

I do think its time for a change the only thing i would say is we desperately need a couple of signings before the end of the transfer window and who is going to sign for a managerless and disjointed team. I think Danny should be given the Thistle and Motherwell game to save his job this has given him all transfer window to sign players and 6 games this season to change things around from last year (5 league, 1 cup)

I'm not surprised, just because a few dozen people are going mad online doesn't mean everyone feels this way.

There weren't too many boos are Lennon GTF shouts heard at full time last night.

I've got a sore arse, I haven't answered yet as I'm still on the fence.

Saturday is massive, I'll vote on Saturday night tongue.png

You must be going deaf mate

there is an agenda against lennon even before the cup final, gotta agree with oaksoft, to many keyboard experts on this forum and others who dont go to games yet think they have the right to slaughter a team which they dont see play unless its on sky or if they decide to go to a cup final.

were fast becoming like the old firm fans, absolutely ridiculous calling for lennon 2 go, seems to me even if we did get ourselves out this mess that there would be no praise for lennon, he's not every ones cup of tea, personally speaking i think hes a good manager, sadly being f**ked by his board, ive says this many times on various forums that stewart gilmour should resign from the board along with the other faceless bastards! our budget was decided with 2 things in mind. hearts starting with a 15 point deduction and being all but down. and a partick side newly promoted who gilmour assumed we woud take 12 points off of.

my only criticism of lennon is his reluctance to drop macausland, the guy can do no wrong in lennons eyes, a thought he was coming onto a game just after the aberdeen cup tie, had a decent festive period and was ok in the cup final. he's out his depth in the spl, its painful to watch at times, him and captain fantastic are not capable of shutting out even the most basic of strikers in the spl. we need first and foremost a striker or 2 to help thompson and to also bring reilly into the mix n give him confidence. we have lee mair, mcgregor, jason naismith and if push came 2 shove barron who can play cb. ideally we get 2 new cb in,

whatever happens come saturday we need the fans 2 get on board and help the team through this, a decent crowd and plenty noise from kick off might just be what the players need, the killie game was f**kin soulless and u could hear after we went 1-0 down the danny out brigade starting there usual f**kin nonsense

guarantee we will be ok!

A very easy answer for me, PLEASE GO, The only reason he is still in a job is because we don't have the money to pay him off, If my lotto tkt comes in this week, I will gladly donate the money to get shot of this clueless inept so called manager

"wee". You missed out "wee".

Just out of interest, if we were to appoint, say, Terry Butcher as our next manager, would he be "big clueless"? wink.png

Guest somner9

A very easy answer for me, PLEASE GO, The only reason he is still in a job is because we don't have the money to pay him off, If my lotto tkt comes in this week, I will gladly donate the money to get shot of this clueless inept so called manager

last week you said you woudn't spend a penny (copper) on a football club if your numbers came up. this week you want to give it all away to a man you hate..?

Did you used to run RBS..?

No, last nights result puts him past the point of no return. Really since Ayr Utd. came and parked the bus and put us out the LC just shy of two years ago it's been "no Plan B" and diminishing returns. His tactics have been sussed and he's refused to do anything about it and effectively sacrificed himself on the alter of "playing the right way". Last seasons cup win was a glorious blip in an otherwise depressing and worsening trend - come in Lennon yer times up!

Danny isn't going anywhere after what he's achieved the last two seasons.

No way would a sane board of directors fork out money to replace him.

The quicker people accept that the quicker our team will recover.

I'll also say this. IF, as many on here are suggesting, there is the slightest chance that there are players out there deliberately trying to get him out then they need to consider that they'll be out of work themselves in May. I personally don't believe players on less than a years contract would be bloody stupid enough to do this but that point needs made based on what others are saying. If we do end up with a new manager any time soon, the first thing that manager will do will be to look at who has been performing and move out the others. There is no player power when you are on 12 month deals.

You want us to piss away the last 2 days of the transfer window trying to find a new manager? lol.gif

I thought you wanted a new striker?

If I won the lottery I'd pay Danny off as well but only to replace him with you and Lex as assistant manager.

I'd then want to see how long you'd last under the barrage of abuse and shit that was thrown at you even whilst earning £100,000 a year salaries.

I'd run a sweepstake to see how long either of you would take before mentally crumbling.

My guess would be less than one day cos personally I don't think you have a backbone between the pair of you but it might give you an insight into what Danny has to face. I'd settle for you both understanding what the words humility meant.

Cup win aside, how far have we as a team actually developed since Gus left?

The table still reads second bottom and the cup wont happen again so what else is there to do but get someone in with better transfer contacts and who can man manage the players better.

All the talk of "get aff lennons back the stick wont help" is pure pish cos he won a cup as manager and a shit load of good that done for his confidence when we continued with our impressively unimpressive form.

Good guy but its time to go while he can still be proud of something.

Yes.

It's not quite time to jump lanes. Unless the BoD's have cash to burn I would think it prudent to have faith for a little longer. The window is about to slam shut and whoever took his place would have the same "tools", (no offence to the players), to work with.

It apparently looked a little better as far as the goalkeeper is concerned. Hope that continues.

We managed to stay afloat last year with what might be argued as a weaker defence. We now have McGregor back, Grainger on board and the young guy from the land of rock and candyfloss.

A striker might just be enough to settle the nerves of that defence who, at the moment, must feel like one slip will end in defeat.

I've not quite given up on 10th spot and we have two home games, albeit one v last years SPL runners up, for the players and the coaching staff to prove they are up for the fight.

Believe, pray, believe, pray? Don't know which will work but let's hope the team do.

Edited by stlucifer

no ,he doesn't seem to be getting anything out of the players ,which has to be a major issue.cant change anything ,no tactical sense,substitutions are just a joke,add to that the fact he thinks cheesey and Goodwin are the best 2 centre half we have ,and that harkins is a striker,time is up ,walk away with the memory of the cup with you before you are remembered for the man who took us down

The quicker people accept that the quicker our team will recover .

I agree that Lennon isn't going anywhere at this stage of the season but he should certainly be on notice for the league performances we've produced over the last 6 months.

I don't agree that acceptance of that fact could act as some sort of catalyst for improvement though.

The player selection, formation and tactics have played a major part in the current run and only the management and players can figure that out.

Another couple of signings before the end of the week would help but there is so much wrong with how we're playing right now that it'll need more than that.

Right now I'd settle for a shitty 1-0 on Saturday to give everyone at the club the chance to reflect and agree what needs to change.

Last night was a blow though, there's no doubt of that.

Yes. Danny Lennon & St.Mirren should part ways.

One win since March. No wins at home in over 6 months and that pathetic attempt at defending our trophy just isnt acceptable.

Which sounds disgraceful when you say it that way.

Another way of saying it is that we've gone 5 home games without a win.

The quicker people accept that the quicker our team will recover.

I'll also say this. IF, as many on here are suggesting, there is the slightest chance that there are players out there deliberately trying to get him out then they need to consider that they'll be out of work themselves in May. I personally don't believe players on less than a years contract would be bloody stupid enough to do this but that point needs made based on what others are saying. If we do end up with a new manager any time soon, the first thing that manager will do will be to look at who has been performing and move out the others. There is no player power when you are on 12 month deals.

I've never suggested any of what you say in your second paragraph so I don't see why you've posted it as if it's a direct reply to what I've said. My opinion (as I've said many times) is that the managers tactics have been sussed and his lack of any alternative has lead to progressively poorer results and the only way to change the situation is to radically alter these tactics.

I don't expect him to be removed by Saturday although I feel he should be as he has lost in the cup to a lower division team and we are currently 11th in the league (where we finished last season) one place below what I believe our target should be.

I hate the thought of him losing his job. Not even sure it's all his fault.

Something's not right. We have our most successful season for 26 years then clear the place and don't bring in replacements.

It just doesn't make sense to me, either Danny got it all wrong or the board have a policy that's screwed him.

Would a new manager do any better???? I feel the fans have been badly let down by the lack of investment in the team at the one time we had an opportunity to do it.

PS I never voted.