Should Danny Stay?

Lex

Danny Lennon  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it just me, or is this a shite poll?

There should have been more options to include timeframes etc.

For me, he should be given until mid-November.

We now look to have brought in a further two players (if the French-based striker joins us as hoped) so he should be afforded the opportunity to utilise these guys and address some of the problems that have featured so far. If the corner hasn't been turned by November, I think his time may be up, sadly.

So, in summary: shite poll, won't be voting.

When Danny released 10 or 11 players at the end of last season, he must have known who he wanted to bring in. It hasn't happened for whatever reason and, in fairness, that's not how he's operated in the previous 3 close seasons where he's done most of his business early on.

Eh doubt it, he knew who he did not want to keep. Why would you assume that releasing 10 or 11 players would happen while 10 or 11 named targets were also known? Danny simply knew who he did not want in his squad to be released or sold. He managed to persuade Newton to come back and also retain Gowser while bringing in Grainger who is a quality full back so perhaps we should be giving credit for his positive outcomes rather than all the negative ones?

Edited by nedflanders123

Eh doubt it, he knew who he did not want to keep. Why would you assume that releasing 10 or 11 players would happen while 10 or 11 named targets were also known? Danny simply knew who he did not want in his squad to be released or sold. He managed to persuade Newton to come back and also retain Gowser while bringing in Grainger who is a quality full back so perhaps we should be giving credit for his positive outcomes rather than all the negative ones?

I wasn't aware that I was focussing on the negative outcomes!?

Any manager worth his salt will be planning for the following season. If he's decided to let 10 or 11 go, he must at least have had an idea of who he wanted to bring in. Are you suggesting that he let players go in May and then thought about who to get?

I was suggesting that he's not been able to get who he wanted for whatever reason but that's the way football works and isn't particularly Danny's fault. To me, that's a far kinder and more supportive scenario than suggesting that he planned to start the first few weeks of the season with 1 experienced forward and 1 wide man (who's also the only one with any pace).

As I say, I'm not sure how that can be seen as being negative re Danny.

He didn't say on Twitter that he wanted him to stay or go, just listed a few mistakes he'd made.

Well he's said it here.

Is it just me, or is this a shite poll?

There should have been more options to include timeframes etc.

For me, he should be given until mid-November.

We now look to have brought in a further two players (if the French-based striker joins us as hoped) so he should be afforded the opportunity to utilise these guys and address some of the problems that have featured so far. If the corner hasn't been turned by November, I think his time may be up, sadly.

So, in summary: shite poll, won't be voting.

During the summer I said mid-November was the logical time to make a decision on Lennon, however the start to this season has been so bad I would take the risk and let him go now in the hope that we can get some kind of dead cat bounce.

I don't expect the BoD to take the same view although with Robertson leaving today that makes four players being subsidized by us to play with other clubs - for me the big question is whether Lennon can make the changes necessary to turn things around because if he persists with the same tactics then I don't see how things will improve.

Name a single Saints manager since 1987 who has been more successful and has had us playing better football than Danny.

The LC win undoubtedly makes Lennon a Saints legend but this was based on 5 games, of which only one result was genuinely exceptional - how long can he dine out on this, especially as we've gone out this season in our opening game?

Once again I'd like to take issue with the better football that we've been playing under Lennon - perhaps in the 1 game in 4 where Goodwin didn't get booked early, where McGowan/Thompson was in the mood, where we didn't gift the opposition an early goal and toil aimlessly for the rest of match - I refer you to numerous post match threads where the quality of our football has been hotly debated.

Edited by Bud the Baker

The LC win undoubtedly makes Lennon a Saints legend but this was based on 5 games, of which only one result was genuinely exceptional - how long can he dine out on this, especially as we've gone out this season in our opening game?

Once again I'd like to take issue with the better football that we've been playing under Lennon - perhaps in the 1 game in 4 where Goodwin didn't get booked early, where McGowan/Thompson was in the mood, where we didn't gift the opposition an early goal and toil aimlessly for the rest of match - I refer you to numerous post match threads where the quality of our football has been hotly debated.

So after waggling your cock around this forum like Jimmy Saville, you have nobody.

You are sitting at home in your denim underpants (junderpants if you will) slagging off the best manager we've had in a pubic hair's width short of 30 years????

Crazy man! Absolutely crazy!!

Oh and BTW as regards our actual form?

Nobody gives two shits what the keyboard clatterers think we're playing like. They've deduced our form from listening to the radio and watching 30 seconds of highlights!!!

Those who physically go to games (whether every game or not) will tell you our passing and possession football is infinitely better than it's been for many years. We may piss about in our own penalty area but don't kid yourself on that the actual football itself is shite. By and large it's excellent. General agreement from those who go to games will probably be that if we can stop pissing stupid goals and stick the ball in the net we're as good as anyone in this country on our day.

Edited by oaksoft

So after waggling your cock around this forum like Jimmy Saville, you have nobody.

You are sitting at home in your denim underpants (junderpants if you will) slagging off the best manager we've had in a pubic hair's width short of 30 years????

Crazy man! Absolutely crazy!!

Oh and BTW as regards our actual form?

Nobody gives two shits what the keyboard clatterers think we're playing like. They've deduced our form from listening to the radio and watching 30 seconds of highlights!!!

Those who physically go to games (whether every game or not) will tell you our passing and possession football is infinitely better than it's been for many years. We may piss about in our own penalty area but don't kid yourself on that the actual football itself is shite. By and large it's excellent. General agreement from those who go to games will probably be that if we can stop pissing stupid goals and stick the ball in the net we're as good as anyone in this country on our day.

Huff, puff and bluster. I've formed my opinions by watching the team as have many others who post on the site. Other managers have based their tactics on watching us play - tactics which have seen us lose 3/4 games this season and only scrape a draw in the other due to Goodwin winding up Kris Boyd.

If you really believe that our play is excellent "by and large" then I suggest it's you who's crazy. I don't see any evidence of general agreement on the site it's pretty much evenly divided from what I can see (currently 52.3% for keeping Lennon / 47.7% against) and I'm willing to bet we continue to piss silly goals as long as the manager continues his current failed tactics.

Oh and what are you - just another keyboard clatterer so don't give yourself airs and graces.1eye.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Huff, puff and bluster. I've formed my opinions by watching the team as have many others who post on the site.

Actually no, the ones that moan the most are the same ones that are commenting on match threads as the game is being played (lex, Elvis, isabella' duke) they don't attend games.

I''m willing to bet we continue to piss silly goals as long as the manager continues his current failed tactics.

As opposed to what? Return to shit fest long balls, guess what? We were still pish! We accumulated less points and scored less goals.

Like it or not DL is the most successful manager in a generation

Guest somner9

Oh dear... it seems apparent someone/ones have enlisted BAWA posters and more as part of a whispering campaign against danny. I can guarantee it will end in tears for the whisperers, whatever they think they will achieve it will come at a heavy cost to them for what..?

Being pally with an out of favour player/club employee/ex director..?

this is classic Sevco tactics and it makes you wonder who is trying to egineer regime change and why..?

Huff, puff and bluster. I've formed my opinions by watching the team as have many others who post on the site. Other managers have based their tactics on watching us play - tactics which have seen us lose 3/4 games this season and only scrape a draw in the other due to Goodwin winding up Kris Boyd.

If you really believe that our play is excellent "by and large" then I suggest it's you who's crazy. I don't see any evidence of general agreement on the site it's pretty much evenly divided from what I can see (currently 52.3% for keeping Lennon / 47.7% against) and I'm willing to bet we continue to piss silly goals as long as the manager continues his current failed tactics.

Oh and what are you - just another keyboard clatterer so don't give yourself airs and graces.1eye.gif

I'm sorry but most of the people on this forum and particularly some of the most anti-Danny ones certainly do not go to games.

Considering several people wanted this poll taken down, I actually think it proved to be an interesting exercise. Although I voted in favour of Danny staying, I full expected to be heavily in the minority. I'd say I expected the vote to be around 75% / 25% for getting rid of him, so I'm pleasantly surprised that, at the moment, the vote is slightly in favour of keeping him.

How many people thought that would be the outcome, given the vitriolic comments posted on so many different threads recently? Lex started the poll and voted Danny out, so I suspect he was hoping to be able to demonstrate that the general feeling among fans would be that it is time for DL to go.

I'd have been interested in knowing how the pol would have turned out with three options though, rather than a simple stay or go vote. For instance, if a third option had been, "Should we give Danny until the end of November to turn things around?", I think that might have won the popular vote. It would certainly have got mine.

Actually no, the ones that moan the most are the same ones that are commenting on match threads as the game is being played (lex, Elvis, isabella' duke) they don't attend games.

I'm sorry but most of the people on this forum and particularly some of the most anti-Danny ones certainly do not go to games.

.............and you guys know this based on the messages you receive from the planet Zorg! 1eye.gif

As opposed to what? Return to shit fest long balls, guess what? We were still pish! We accumulated less points and scored less goals.

That was then this is now - nothing lasts forever!

Considering several people wanted this poll taken down, I actually think it proved to be an interesting exercise. Although I voted in favour of Danny staying, I full expected to be heavily in the minority. I'd say I expected the vote to be around 75% / 25% for getting rid of him, so I'm pleasantly surprised that, at the moment, the vote is slightly in favour of keeping him.

How many people thought that would be the outcome, given the vitriolic comments posted on so many different threads recently? Lex started the poll and voted Danny out, so I suspect he was hoping to be able to demonstrate that the general feeling among fans would be that it is time for DL to go.

I'd have been interested in knowing how the pol would have turned out with three options though, rather than a simple stay or go vote. For instance, if a third option had been, "Should we give Danny until the end of November to turn things around?", I think that might have won the popular vote. It would certainly have got mine.

Pleasantly surprised myself with the slight difference in favour of keeping the current manager considering the amount of posts on here that range from decent to moronic.

I'm sure the originator is very upset as this would have been another of his threads to back up his campaign to get rid of Lennon. (Where is the Harkins must go thread anyway?) whistling.gif

If we lose tomorrow, I get a feeling there might be a slight change.

Pleasantly surprised myself with the slight difference in favour of keeping the current manager considering the amount of posts on here that range from decent to moronic.

I'm sure the originator is very upset as this would have been another of his threads to back up his campaign to get rid of Lennon. (Where is the Harkins must go thread anyway?) whistling.gif

If we lose tomorrow, I get a feeling there might be a slight change.

There won't be a change , all the clueless wee boys will always vote to keep Danny because of that damn cup !

Excuse me but I work offshore and when I'm home I go to every game probably go to more games than you .

Hence my earlier point that its a shite poll.

To have given a simple in or out choice before the transfer window was even shut is a pointless exercise in many respects.

November for me too, though I would opt for the middle of the month.

Guest somner9

Oh dear... it seems apparent someone/ones have enlisted BAWA posters and more as part of a whispering campaign against danny. I can guarantee it will end in tears for the whisperers, whatever they think they will achieve it will come at a heavy cost to them for what..?

Being pally with an out of favour player/club employee/ex director..?

this is classic Sevco tactics and it makes you wonder who is trying to egineer regime change and why..?

The silence by the whispering campaigners on this post is deafening..!

Peeps there are posters and others on this forum indulging in a social media campaign to discredit the manager, to get him to lose his job...for what..?

A better manager..?

better performances..?

better results..?

No they are tweeting and posting the chinese whispers on behalf of one/two disgruntled individuals who are in no position to bring anything positive to the club.

'Le Clique' are only interested in brown-nosing these one or two failed individuals, and seem happy to sacrifice our club's top tier survival to be 'pally' with yesterdays men.

this is an attack on our club from within, and it musn't be allowed to succeed. KTF and Shove It To The Scumbags..!

The silence by the whispering campaigners on this post is deafening..!

Peeps there are posters and others on this forum indulging in a social media campaign to discredit the manager, to get him to lose his job...for what..?

A better manager..?

better performances..?

better results..?

No they are tweeting and posting the chinese whispers on behalf of one/two disgruntled individuals who are in no position to bring anything positive to the club.

'Le Clique' are only interested in brown-nosing these one or two failed individuals, and seem happy to sacrifice our club's top tier survival to be 'pally' with yesterdays men.

this is an attack on our club from within, and it musn't be allowed to succeed. KTF and Shove It To The Scumbags..!

I thought the "Conspiracy" thread was in General Nonsense on P&B!!