Personal Abuse. Have A Think.

div

We are all hurting very badly after the start to the season, and we are all very frustrated.

By all means criticise the management team, the players and the board if you think they are at fault. That is your right and the forum is here to take your opinions.

Please do not however allow your criticism to become over the top personal abuse. Have a think about the effect that sort of thing might have on potential signings who DO look at boards like these, or indeed the family and friends of the individuals you are abusing.

These guys are doing their best, and if they come up short then fair enough we can be critical, but they don't deserve abuse.

We are all hurting very badly after the start to the season, and we are all very frustrated.

By all means criticise the management team, the players and the board if you think they are at fault. That is your right and the forum is here to take your opinions.

Please do not however allow your criticism to become over the top personal abuse. Have a think about the effect that sort of thing might have on potential signings who DO look at boards like these, or indeed the family and friends of the individuals you are abusing.

These guys are doing their best, and if they come up short then fair enough we can be critical, but they don't deserve abuse.

Personal abuse is way out of line and I agree with your points div,

But there is no way these guys are doing there best, I will gladly give the team praise if they lose football games after putting in a great effort and come up short, but so far this season I'm not sure they have put in 100%. There is no doubt we have players with ability but for some reason they don't often show it.

Our record over the last year will back this up, 6 wins in all competitions I believe it is, yeah we won the cup but that covered the cracks. There is a problem somewhere within the club that needs addressed, do the players not want to play for DL, does the chairman not want to support him and help get players in?

There is only so much however the manager, the chairman and the fans can do, in the end it comes down to players attitude and if they want to win, that should probably be one of the biggest gripes we, as fans have. Each of us would give anything to pull on the stripes and each of us would give everything in return, yeah not all players can feel the passion we do about the club but they get paid well, get a good living and the minimum in return should be 100% effort, we aren't getting that at the moment, and that will always lead to some people going over the top with abuse etc

Guest somner9

shame the 'personal abuse' statement above only extends to SMFC staff and players. Theres a few who should think on about what they write regarding people they don't know, and if they would say that in open conversation.

Coudn't agree more but the Mods should take appropriate action.

Couldn't agree more, it's disgraceful behaviour and the sort of thing you'd expect from the OF. We're proving that our support is no better than theirs.

There really are some supporters who once they've got something in their heads thats it no matter what happens they'll sit and shout abuse until that player has lost all their confidence and wants to leave.

The same could be said for our manager who has been taking abuse since day 1 because he wasn't gus McPherson, you know that guy who told us all to go to the pictures if we wanted entertainment!

The same could be said about imrie who the fans drove out the door, a player who I'm sure the majority of our fans would agree wouldve been very useful in the current squad!

I even remember mo camaras debut where he hadn't even touched the ball and he was getting abuse.

I also remember some numbskull shouting in Paul mcgowans 1st season, "hey Paul f*** off back to Celtic ya useless wee ****!" Then there was mark yardley....I could go on all night.

It is this sort of abusive behaviour and lack of respect that has actually put me off going to games now.

Couldn't agree more, it's disgraceful behaviour and the sort of thing you'd expect from the OF. We're proving that our support is no better than theirs.

There really are some supporters who once they've got something in their heads thats it no matter what happens they'll sit and shout abuse until that player has lost all their confidence and wants to leave.

The same could be said for our manager who has been taking abuse since day 1 because he wasn't gus McPherson, you know that guy who told us all to go to the pictures if we wanted entertainment!

The same could be said about imrie who the fans drove out the door, a player who I'm sure the majority of our fans would agree wouldve been very useful in the current squad!

I even remember mo camaras debut where he hadn't even touched the ball and he was getting abuse.

I also remember some numbskull shouting in Paul mcgowans 1st season, "hey Paul f*** off back to Celtic ya useless wee ****!" Then there was mark yardley....I could go on all night.

It is this sort of abusive behaviour and lack of respect that has actually put me off going to games now.

some of your post I agree with but the bit in bold is just nonsense, the reason Imrie is not here is because our management team didn't think he was good enough and he found another club. Nothing other than the players performances and our management teams decisions drove Imrie anywhere.

some of your post I agree with but the bit in bold is just nonsense, the reason Imrie is not here is because our management team didn't think he was good enough and he found another club. Nothing other than the players performances and our management teams decisions drove Imrie anywhere.

You may be right but that doesn't change the fact that as soon as dougie walked in the door the fans had it in for him and shouted abuse from the word go. That wouldn't have helped his attitude to try his hardest for a support that don't want him there and just give home a barrage of abuse every saturday for no apparent reason at the start of his st mirren career!

You may be right but that doesn't change the fact that as soon as dougie walked in the door the fans had it in for him and shouted abuse from the word go. That wouldn't have helped his attitude to try his hardest for a support that don't want him there and just give home a barrage of abuse every saturday for no apparent reason at the start of his st mirren career

I don't quite remember it like that...................most of my pals, those sitting around me in W4 and I were quite looking forward to Imrie signing as he had always been a pain when we played against him. His perfomances, for the most part, w a complete let-down although that may have been due to the role he was been asked to take on (I don't know whether that is correct or not). The abuse, which isn't right (in my opinion), came after he didn't appear to be the player we expected him to be.

Guest somner9

I don't quite remember it like that...................most of my pals, those sitting around me in W4 and I were quite looking forward to Imrie signing as he had always been a pain when we played against him. His perfomances, for the most part, w a complete let-down although that may have been due to the role he was been asked to take on (I don't know whether that is correct or not). The abuse, which isn't right (in my opinion), came after he didn't appear to be the player we expected him to be.

So why then do you support and 'Like' personal abuse on here..? is there a difference to vile abuse directed at players, and vile abuse directed at BAWA posters..?

Is it the assumed cloak of anonymity to hide behind that makes it so appealing..?

Edited by somner9

So why then do you support and 'Like' personal abuse on here..? is there a difference to vile abuse directed at players, and vile abuse directed at BAWA posters..?

Is it the assumed cloak of anonymity to hide behind that makes it so appealing..?

Somner9 I don't like abuse of any kind, I do however think it comes in many guises, not just name calling!!!

My name is Ally Mitchell and if you like I'll "PM" you my address, no need for anonymity from me..........I didn't particularly agree with the way you were articulating yourself on the thread you are talking about, I was "liking" a post that was pointing out your behaviour.

You should read some of the vile abuse that our Manager is receiving on Twitter, there is no excuse for the behaviour of these morons, personal abuse and downright disrepectful and sustained attacks on a man who only ever does his level best for our club.

Its not just the Manager getting abuse but fellow Saints fans too. I tell you if being a "real fan" means you become so disrespectful to your fellow buds and the people in charge of the team then I'd rather be just a (what is the label given to season ticket holding, shareholder and St Mirren devotee that picks and chooses what away games to go to?) supporter.

I don't think Imrie got it too badly not from where I was sitting anyway although I do remember someone on Twitter having a go at him, the said person is now part of the group that tweets him to say that they miss him and he should never been "forced to leave", Gary Teale though however was booed onto the pitch in his first season which is actually horrific to think.

A guy that used to post on the fishal site used to have a signature that read "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day" which I think sums up a lot of people. They want to be the first person to say "sack the manager" as they want to be the person that says they were right. If they say it for long enough and it happens they get to say the "told you so".

Guest somner9

Somner9 I don't like abuse of any kind, I do however think it comes in many guises, not just name calling!!!

My name is Ally Mitchell and if you like I'll "PM" you my address, no need for anonymity from me..........I didn't particularly agree with the way you were articulating yourself on the thread you are talking about, I was "liking" a post that was pointing out your behaviour.

The post calling me a c**t..?

If you disagree with me Ally or the way i articulate myself then by all means say so. But that particular post and poster went beyond any form of banter, and he knows it. equally you can PM me for all my details which you can cross reference with other posters.

I would never dream of calling someone I didn't know a c**t, if I wasn't prepared to say it to them in person. Especially a fellow saints fan

You may be right but that doesn't change the fact that as soon as dougie walked in the door the fans had it in for him and shouted abuse from the word go. That wouldn't have helped his attitude to try his hardest for a support that don't want him there and just give home a barrage of abuse every saturday for no apparent reason at the start of his st mirren career!

I said as soon as Imrie signed he was a diving we shiite but he's our diving wee shiite now so gets my full support same for anyone lucky enough to pull on the stripes

The post calling me a c**t..?

If you disagree with me Ally or the way i articulate myself then by all means say so. But that particular post and poster went beyond any form of banter, and he knows it. equally you can PM me for all my details which you can cross reference with other posters.

I would never dream of calling someone I didn't know a c**t, if I wasn't prepared to say it to them in person. Especially a fellow saints fan

I didn't read it as him calling you a "c**t", it said you were making a "c**t" of yourself by the way you were behaving, and using it as part of the "West Coast" vernacular of describing someone's behaviour.

It's a discussion for another topic but I thought your behaviour, on that thread, was quite pernicious in it's delivery. Other than that I think, as a poster, you have viewpoints and thoughts that add to the various forums.

Guest somner9

I didn't read it as him calling you a "c**t", it said you were making a "c**t" of yourself by the way you were behaving, and using it as part of the "West Coast" vernacular of describing someone's behaviour.

It's a discussion for another topic but I thought your behaviour, on that thread, was quite pernicious in it's delivery. Other than that I think, as a poster, you have viewpoints and thoughts that add to the various forums.

Aye i get that, but that particular post/poster was at it trying to slip the 'c' word under the radar in that context. semantics anyway... if your mate says you're 'making a c**t of yourself' I agree with your anaology...

Online some people forget when posting to someone they don't know it's akin to stopping a random person in the street and saying 'By the way you're making a c**t of yourself'... there's no reference point, no relationship... it's just poor form, and a shame that adults let alone fellow buds drop to that level.

Its not just the Manager getting abuse but fellow Saints fans too. I tell you if being a "real fan" means you become so disrespectful to your fellow buds and the people in charge of the team then I'd rather be just a (what is the label given to season ticket holding, shareholder and St Mirren devotee that picks and chooses what away games to go to?) supporter.

'The vast Majority" works, and if also a shareholder "the vast majority of shareholders" bud.

Aye i get that, but that particular post/poster was at it trying to slip the 'c' word under the radar in that context. semantics anyway... if your mate says you're 'making a c**t of yourself' I agree with your anaology...

Online some people forget when posting to someone they don't know it's akin to stopping a random person in the street and saying 'By the way you're making a c**t of yourself'... there's no reference point, no relationship... it's just poor form, and a shame that adults let alone fellow buds drop to that level.

Can I ask how you know I was trying to use that word in any way other than in the context I did use it? Can I also ask, have you reported any of my posts to the moderators? Finally, did you know that once upon a time I posted (on B&W Army I think) that Paddy McCourt was Celtic's kind of Irish signing because he played for the R.O.I, while Kyle Lafferty was Rangers kind of Irish signing because he was a Proddy Norn' Iron' type?

The reponse I got was 'Poz, you've made a rip roaring cnut of yourself there'... which indeed I had. Just like you did with your highly personal, vitriolic, and incorrect allegations directed towards REA only being involved with St Mirren for personal gain, honour, awards, boardroom positions... followed by you subsequently now going on to be on some sort of moral crusade against calling people you don't know personally 'names' on forums.

Do me a favour. Report me to the moderators, and show me where I have called you a 'cnut' in the terms you are alleging that I did... do it, or shut the fcuk up.

Guest somner9

Can I ask how you know I was trying to use that word in any way other than in the context I did use it? Can I also ask, have you reported any of my posts to the moderators? Finally, did you know that once upon a time I posted (on B&W Army I think) that Paddy McCourt was Celtic's kind of Irish signing because he played for the R.O.I, while Kyle Lafferty was Rangers kind of Irish signing because he was a Proddy Norn' Iron' type?

The reponse I got was 'Poz, you've made a rip roaring cnut of yourself there'... which indeed I had. Just like you did with your highly personal, vitriolic, and incorrect allegations directed towards REA only being involved with St Mirren for personal gain, honour, awards, boardroom positions... followed by you subsequently now going on to be on some sort of moral crusade against calling people you don't know personally 'names' on forums.

Do me a favour. Report me to the moderators, and show me where I have called you a 'cnut' in the terms you are alleging that I did... do it, or shut the fcuk up.

Oh-eee billy bob cat tails...! me thinketh the poster doth protesth too much... now its 'shut the f**k up'... what an interesting chat we could have.