The Worst Thing About Last Night’S Defeat?

Guest somner9

Is the fact that some of you clowns will actually, in your own wee twisted way, be happy about it as it gives you an excuse to abuse the manager & shout for him to lose his job.

Spot on! It's the inner troll whispering in their ear.

Is the fact that some of you clowns will actually, in your own wee twisted way, be happy about it as it gives you an excuse to abuse the manager & shout for him to lose his job.

I see you are playing the "I'm a better supporter than you are" card, Greig. Aye, some of our so-called supporters are just clowns that travel to Inverness, Dingwall and Dumfries hoping to see us lose. Should we interpret your post as inferring that you would never call on our BoD to sack a manager ? Is there no stage at which you would acknowledge that a change of leadership is required ? Would DL still have your support if we lose our next 3 league games ? What about if we lose our next 6 games ? Or 10 games ? Still back him or call for his head ?

I see you are playing the "I'm a better supporter than you are" card, Greig. Aye, some of our so-called supporters are just clowns that travel to Inverness, Dingwall and Dumfries hoping to see us lose. Should we interpret your post as inferring that you would never call on our BoD to sack a manager ? Is there no stage at which you would acknowledge that a change of leadership is required ? Would DL still have your support if we lose our next 3 league games ? What about if we lose our next 6 games ? Or 10 games ? Still back him or call for his head ?

Support the manager for as long as he is in post, then support the next guy once he is appointed. The language you are using (call for his head) is far too emotive. cool down and take stock. WE would definitely regret moving DL on at this time as his replacement would have to cut costs in the staff budget to cover his own wages and would have the same bunch of players to choose from. It's the players who are not giving it their all, but dont get on their backs.

It's the players who are not giving it their all, but dont get on their backs.

Very true but on 6 weeks ago our manager very publicly made the statement that he has "urged his players to give him every last drop of effort this season ... on a daily basis"

Either they can't or they're not prepared to?

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2013/07/19/lennon-asks-players-for-every-last-ounce-of-effort-87085-33627215/

Guest somner9

Very true but on 6 weeks ago our manager very publicly made the statement that he has "urged his players to give him every last drop of effort this season ... on a daily basis"

Either they can't or they're not prepared to?

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2013/07/19/lennon-asks-players-for-every-last-ounce-of-effort-87085-33627215/

then maybe a few more need moving on..?

Seen it all before , here we go again...................nothing soothes like a wee success................here's hoping

Let's support the team on Saturday and express ourselves in whatever way suits, whatever rocks your world, whatever soothes yer soul, just don't sit behind me and mix up your abusive metaphors....................ya wee fud...................... ya phuckin bawsac. Of course maybe the owner of this gem knows that hermaphroditic abuse is appropriate, in which case I salute the ingenuity 1eye.gif

Gotta love it , especially the expressions on the kids faces as they try not to laugh , or feebly interperet what the abuse means rolleyes.gif

then maybe a few more need moving on..?

I dont pretend to know why the players are not giving it their best, if there are malcontents in their midst who are making it difficult for others to commit to DL's cause then the only advice I would give is for him to be ruthless and have those persons sit out training sessions and keep them out the dressing room when others are around. They will soon get the message.

Anyone prepared to sit out a contract should be told to do so at home whilst watching re-runs of columbo and murder she wrote. Keep them away from the guys who are wanted.

A couple of simple and brutal gestures should see any malcontents break cover or be persuaded to sod off and ruin someone else's club

The worst things are that 2 other premier teams are out and we are out of a national competition at the first hurdle, losing the feel good factor of a cup run and revenue to ... strengthen the squad.

Oh and the cup is ours for the moment so would have been nice to try and defend it.

Well, you see incorrectly, Wilbur. Where the f**k did I say that some fans “hope” to see the team lose? You know as well as I do that there is an element of the Saints support who just can’t contain themselves from taking more pleasure from losing than from being pleasantly surprised once in a while. I would not have put your good self in that bracket however it would appear that perhaps I should.

As for the rest of your post, frankly, if you think the team losing “3 league games? 6 league games? Or 10 league games?” don’t know that they’re playing shite & need to buck up their ideas and it’s down to YOU to let them know well who’s playing the “I’m a better supporter than you” card now?

You know as well as I do that there is an element of the Saints support who just can’t contain themselves from taking more pleasure from losing than from being pleasantly surprised once in a while.

I don't believe that in the slightest. It's just that more supporters have been brought up on watching European football than before. Used to be you judged against say English football and it was fairly relative, it's almost meaningless now. Down South, probably across the leagues and without the Cup win, Danny could easily have been sacked last season. Up here he's more likely to get time as there's no cash for compensation etc. Last night wasn't his fault, the players need to take that on the chin. I'm also sure that if we stick with last night's formation and second half effort then we could be okay. But, you can't deny results have been poor in 2013 and even in to the start of last season.

I'm not just a shout for the hell of it, but my considered opinion is that Danny is on a bit of borrowed time.

Well, you see incorrectly, Wilbur. Where the f**k did I say that some fans “hope” to see the team lose?

Right here in the next sentence! 1eye.gif

You know as well as I do that there is an element of the Saints support who just can’t contain themselves from taking more pleasure from losing than from being pleasantly surprised once in a while.

I would not have put your good self in that bracket however it would appear that perhaps I should.

As for the rest of your post, frankly, if you think the team losing “3 league games? 6 league games? Or 10 league games?” don’t know that they’re playing shite & need to buck up their ideas and it’s down to YOU to let them know well who’s playing the “I’m a better supporter than you” card now?

and in your opening post.......

Totally agree with Wilbur, you're just playing the "better fan" card. Being a football manager is unlike most jobs because game by game you're contending with people who people who aim is to outdo you - what we say on here really doesn't matter much it's a pressure relief valve for a group of grown men lol.gif who really should have better things to do with their lives, what matters is how many fans vote with their feet over the next few games. The club can't afford to sack Lennon but we may well be entering the horrid Catch-22 situation when it can't afford not to and believe it or not I'm quite sad about that.

The most worrying thing is attitude. I know confidence is low at the moment but we chuck it far too easy and far too often. Happened at Inverness after the 2nd goal, happened at dingwall as well. Last night we should have taken off a defender and thrown more bodies up top to try and create some pressure but no. Manager did nothing, players did nothing. We resigned ourselves to defeat before the final whistle. We have to start believing we can get back into matches.

Edited by BIG BEN

I dont pretend to know why the players are not giving it their best,

It's the players who are not giving it their all,

You really believe the players aren't giving it their all?

I would strongly disagree with this. They may not be performing to their potential but that is purely a form/confidence thing IMO. I didn't see anyone on the park last night who looked like they weren't giving it their all.

Well, you see incorrectly, Wilbur. Where the f**k did I say that some fans “hope” to see the team lose? You know as well as I do that there is an element of the Saints support who just can’t contain themselves from taking more pleasure from losing than from being pleasantly surprised once in a while. I would not have put your good self in that bracket however it would appear that perhaps I should.

I must say I read your original post as being quite aggressive and disrespectful toward your fellow Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co supporters and your forum using peers.

Worthy of comment as such a style of post is quite out of character for you Mr Suede Shoes.

In all the years I have supported our wonderful little club I must say I have never met a supporter who was ever glad to see us lose. I have been a supporter who has seen us lose but not care (Inverness Caledonian Thistle v St Mirren, last game of the season 2000). I have never, ever encountered a supporter who wished defeat on his/her own team.

You may indeed be annoyed at the groundswell of opinion toward replacing our management team. I am (and have been for some time) part of that groundswell of opinion as I have formed the opinion that "Wee Clueless" is indeed living up to that rather cheeky name bestowed upon him on this very forum. That does not mean that I ever wish for anything but the best for our club and indeed caring about the management team is borne out of that sincere wish. Simply put I totally disagree your original post in this thread.

Sniping at your fellow forum user's, season ticket holder's and travelling supporter's will achieve nothing and only serve to add to the hysteria that is encompassing our beloved little forum.

Let people have a debate about the merit's of Danny Lennon. Opinions on such matters will always differ but as Bob Hoskin's more than once said "It is good to talk".

Edited by TediousTom

and in your opening post.......

Totally agree with Wilbur, you're just playing the "better fan" card. Being a football manager is unlike most jobs because game by game you're contending with people who people who aim is to outdo you - what we say on here really doesn't matter much it's a pressure relief valve for a group of grown men lol.gif who really should have better things to do with their lives, what matters is how many fans vote with their feet over the next few games. The club can't afford to sack Lennon but we may well be entering the horrid Catch-22 situation when it can't afford not to and believe it or not I'm quite sad about that.

Colin, you're fúcking dyslexic if that's what you think it says. Read it again. And read it as many times as it takes for you to understand. Alternatively we can have a full & frank exchange of views over a pint. Bring a dictionary.

I must say I read your original post as being quite aggressive and disrespectful toward your fellow Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co supporters and your forum using peers.

Worthy of comment as such a style of post is quite out of character for you Mr Suede Shoes.

In all the years I have supported our wonderful little club I must say I have never met a supporter who was ever glad to see us lose. I have been a supporter who has seen us lose but not care (Inverness Caledonian Thistle v St Mirren, last game of the season 2000). I have never, ever encountered a supporter who wished defeat on his/her own team.

You may indeed be annoyed at the groundswell of opinion toward replacing our management team. I am (and have been for some time) part of that groundswell of opinion as I have formed the opinion that "Wee Clueless" is indeed living up to that rather cheeky name bestowed upon him on this very forum. That does not mean that I ever wish for anything but the best for our club and indeed caring about the management team is borne out of that sincere wish. Simply put I totally disagree your original post in this thread.

Sniping at your fellow forum user's, season ticket holder's and travelling supporter's will achieve nothing and only serve to add to the hysteria that is encompassing our beloved little forum.

Let people have a debate about the merit's of Danny Lennon. Opinions on such matters will always differ but as Bob Hoskin's more than once said "It is good to talk".

I've been too calm for long enough. I'm back to my old self.

post-255-0-69854400-1377711630_thumb.jpg

Guest TPAFKATS

I was shocked, stunned and amazed by the tone of HHiBSS in this thread, then I re-read his post and realised that he wasn't actually offering to buy BtB a pint...