10 Amazing Facts (That You Probably Never Knew)

Flareybob

1. Archaeologists have recently discovered that the Romans invented the MP3 player

2. Dinosaurs became extinct on a Tuesday

3. Scottish Hospitals are the 11th most unhygenic the world (including France)

4. Plantains were banned in Canada until 1977

5. Ghosts Cannot Whistle

6. Bill Clinton is allergic to moustaches

7. Former Snooker player Dennis Taylor's mother's maiden name was Saunders

8. You are not allowed to visit the Eiffel Tower if you have leprosy

9. It is illegal to carry a tin of paint onto a bus

10. Stonehenge was a originally night club for druids

1. Archaeologists have recently discovered that the Romans invented the MP3 player

5. Ghosts Cannot Whistle

I can't believe number 6 considering the amount of time he spent at crotch height around interns.

I would dispute Number 2. I did a quick calculation, counting back on the Gregorian Calendar, and that would indeed put the demise of the Dinosaur on a Tuesday. And that is where the error has occurred. As any schoolboy would know, the Gregorian Calendar only came into being in the late 16th century.

If we revisit that caluculation, using the Julian Calendar pre 1582, then the demise of the last of the big chaps can be seen to have occurred on a Friday, probably late in the pm (after the pubs came out).

This has been yet another public information announcement.

Edited by BAWZ

5. Ghosts Cannot Whistle

I think youll find No 10 was actually an ancient venue for Rock Concerts. rolleyes.gif

Another little-known fact is that Stonehenge was originally used as an overspill carpark for Asda

Of course. However , the other thing that is often not realised is that there is even more of Stonehenge below ground than is seen on the surface. .

The word "henge" is from the ancient word for , subway station. Stonehenge was originally a subway station back in the days when the subway system was extensive and there was even a station in Paisley , just outside the Tartan bar in the West End. .

Ayr have tried to steal William Wallace!

They might have a valid claim there. William Wallace played a couple of seasons for Craigmark Burntonians, the team that gave us Bobby Pinkerton, before he quit football to pursue his dream of kicking Edward I and his armies out of Scotland. Chic Young saw him play and told me that, in his opinion, Wallace could have been a Saints Legend if he had preceded Pinkerton in moving to Paisley.

You will be okay. The word Ellerslie , didn't appear on Ayrshire maps until the 18th c, long after Bill had gone. .

Yes I know this....was born at 5 Park avenue Elderslie with my bedroom window looking on to the monument....spent many a childhood day playing in the house which is now a few bricks.....climbed the mighty tree which is now cut down to size and protected. Spent some time in the big mansion which is the most likely location of William's home ...rebuilt of coarse......The few bricks remaining cannot be his home but it sure as fcuk aint Ayr as these shylocks look to steal History for their own reward..........Sounds football related that last sentence lol.gif

Yes I know this....was born at 5 Park avenue Elderslie with my bedroom window looking on to the monument....spent many a childhood day playing in the house which is now a few bricks.....climbed the mighty tree which is now cut down to size and protected. Spent some time in the big mansion which is the most likely location of William's home ...rebuilt of coarse......The few bricks remaining cannot be his home but it sure as fcuk aint Ayr as these shylocks look to steal History for their own reward..........Sounds football related that last sentence lol.gif

I was born in Elderslie myself and am well aware of the hoose you speak of. I was never in it and I know it wasn't Bill's tho' , it was on the same site. I remember hearing that Reo Stakis wanted to turn the house into a restaurant , at which point the council promptly demolished it. .