Under 3 Days To Strengthen

Under 3 days now to get in a minimum of a defender and a striker

SPFL Window Closes Saturday night at 11pm and most of Saturday will be taken up with match preparation

I'm surprised we haven't heard from our board.

Simple statement to the effect that players have been identified and approached but have they & agents have been pushing their luck to the point where we dropped interest.

Pressure drops a little from the management team in that we see they have been very actively trying to strengthen.

Pressure drops from Board in that money is available for players.

Pressure on to players and agents in that much as they can see we need several players we have a pretty defined limit and playing silly buggers won't get them an inflated offer.

Wins all round surely?

Concerns me that the only reason not to is you don't have confidence in the manager or aren't supporting him financially.

Some people say we could strengthen by getting rid of some people out of our team.

We need a couple in to increase competition for places and quality.

All however wont be lost if we don't get someone in by Saturday as we can still sign free agents outwith the window. We must be due linked with Craig Beattie again in the next few days.

No way Sherlock.

FFS another thread stating the fcuking obvious.

Have seen multiple posts and several newspaper reports in the last few days incorrectly citing the English Transfer Window closure which is 2 days later.

Maybe it's bettter to make 23,000 inciteful posts like "Whit?" "Aye ye are" etc.

Under 3 days now to get in a minimum of a defender and a striker

SPFL Window Closes Saturday night at 11pm and most of Saturday will be taken up with match preparation

I'm surprised we haven't heard from our board.

Simple statement to the effect that players have been identified and approached but have they & agents have been pushing their luck to the point where we dropped interest.

Pressure drops a little from the management team in that we see they have been very actively trying to strengthen.

Pressure drops from Board in that money is available for players.

Pressure on to players and agents in that much as they can see we need several players we have a pretty defined limit and playing silly buggers won't get them an inflated offer.

Wins all round surely?

Concerns me that the only reason not to is you don't have confidence in the manager or aren't supporting him financially.

I wouldn't expect a statement from the board. Are other clubs rushing statements out to say there are funds available?

Danny has already been on the radio and in the papers saying he's had loads of offers from agents but he needs to make sure if we bring players in that they are the right ones in terms of quality and character etc...

Would he be saying this if he didn't have the funds from the board?

Last week the dame argument of the BoD not backing danny with funds was flying about. Then caprice was signed. Now the board are refusing to back Danny with funds again. Did the no funds camp not notice that signing or the chat of looking for a striker that's been flying about for the best part of a month?

Last week the dame argument of the BoD not backing danny with funds was flying about. Then caprice was signed. Now the board are refusing to back Danny with funds again. Did the no funds camp not notice that signing or the chat of looking for a striker that's been flying about for the best part of a month?

What happened to the striker who was singing in a couple of days.That was Saturday there

Please stop stating facts that upset the happy Harry's.

You know I almost feel some depraved desire coming on to see us NOT sign anyone else just to see the "negatives" explode at not being listened to.

I'm genuinely interested in seeing whether they just burn out and give us all peace.

Depraved desire? You really are cracking up. Relax, it's only football.

Despite evidence within 10 posts that fans are not fully aware of when window closes guy gets abused by Faraway and several of his aliases. thumbdown.gif
I had bought the whole SKY TV Sep 2nd incidently so cheers, will alter my F5 signing vigil to Saturday evening after our win over Thistle.

The window closes at 5pm on Saturday.

23.00 hours I think.

Guest somner9

I guess there's a bit of an urban myth around how many players went out and how few have come in..?

Mair is still here.

We signed Dillon, Dillo, Cornell, Harkins, Grainger, Newton and Caprice

Mcgregor and Reilly are back from injury, along with Mclean

2/3 lads ahve stepped up from the U20's

Barron.... TBA

Yes we still need an experienced partner for Thommo, and the back line (feck me there's loads of them now) need to gel/settle down. other than that we've got as many as last season if not a wee bit more in the first team squad.

I guess there's a bit of an urban myth around how many players went out and how few have come in..?

Mair is still here.

We signed Dillon, Dillo, Cornell, Harkins, Grainger, Newton and Caprice

Mcgregor and Reilly are back from injury, along with Mclean

2/3 lads ahve stepped up from the U20's

Barron.... TBA

Yes we still need an experienced partner for Thommo, and the back line (feck me there's loads of them now) need to gel/settle down. other than that we've got as many as last season if not a wee bit more in the first team squad.

That's a very good point.

One striker and a defender and we're pretty much where we were last season in terms of numbers.