Jon Robertson Leaves

As you know , as mentioned by myself and others at the time , the signs have been there for months but were clouded (and still are in some cases) by the League Cup win. People need to set that aside now before it's too late , and take a good hard look at the state of our club and our dumpling of a manager !

Hmm, but was it necessary for Wilbur (and subsequently yourself and others) to use this news as yet another opportunity to have a dig at the manager? We are now all too familiar with your views on Danny Lennon's tenure and future prospects. Its all becoming a bit tedious (hence my little McGregor gag that seemed to have passed a few people by, but hey ho!).

Hmm, but was it necessary for Wilbur (and subsequently yourself and others) to use this news as yet another opportunity to have a dig at the manager? We are now all too familiar with your views on Danny Lennon's tenure and future prospects. Its all becoming a bit tedious (hence my little McGregor gag that seemed to have passed a few people by, but hey ho!).

It's not just a dig at that numpty , the facts are there , his own signings , by and large , have been awful !

Wow three excellent examples of the Scottish Disease.

Why not acknowledge that it's better to try things and fail than to sit on your fat backsides and not try at all thus failing anyway?

Does taking risks not sound like a better way to live your lives?

No?

Really?

Feck I'm wasting my time.

Danny is to be applauded for taking the risks he took with his own career and applauded even louder for having the courage to change his mind when he realised it wasn't working. The man has also given youth it's chance and we now have a good crop of youngsters with experience at SPL level and Cup winning level.

That alone is why he will be given at least until Christmas with the current squad and any new signings he can make because we have a board of directors who also appear to have ASKED for the sort of low cost risks Danny has attempted.

Danny is here to stay. Live with it guys.

Or... You can argue that his ability to judge a player is very poor and in turn is causing our club to pay off contracts which is burning a huge hole into the budget for the season.

Edited by Spam_Valley

Or... You can argue that his ability to judge a player is very poor and in turn is causing our club to pay off contracts which is burning a huge hole into the budget for the season.

I take it you have intimate knowledge of the extent of these 'pay-offs'?

Yep you could have argued that and I wouldn't have accused you of suffering from the Scottish Disease.

But you didn't sadly.

As you know , as mentioned by myself and others at the time , the signs have been there for months but were clouded (and still are in some cases) by the League Cup win. People need to set that aside now before it's too late , and take a good hard look at the state of our club and our dumpling of a manager !

Are you seriously suggesting that you'd have sacked him before the end of last season?????

Oh please say yes to that. I think my sides will literally split.

It doesn’t matter what the fees paid to each player was. The fact is that Danny is paying to release players he reckoned was good enough and quickly found out they weren’t.

Thus equals he’s very poor at judging a players ability.

You referred to a "huge hole in the budget", so I naturally assumed you had some sense of the figures. Otherwise, you are simply speculating, yes?

In Jon Robertson we signed a 22 year old box-to-box midfielder who was his Club's Captain and had led them to promotion. He was nominated for 2nd Division Player of the Year in 2012.

In my view a decent signing at the time. It didnt work out. No-one to blame. All signings are a gamble.

Are you seriously suggesting that you'd have sacked him before the end of last season?????

Oh please say yes to that. I think my sides will literally split.

Just checking back there. Nope I said "the signs were there" that we were going to struggle. Now where's that prediction of yours , yeah we're gonna beat QOS..................... a real side splitter.

Just checking back there. Nope I said "the signs were there" that we were going to struggle. Now where's that prediction of yours , yeah we're gonna beat QOS..................... a real side splitter.

Name a single Saints manager who has been better than Danny since 1987?

Name a single Saints manager who has been better than Danny since 1987?

Good point oaksoft, our BoD have chosen some belters over the years. They have a lot to answer for when you look at how well teams like Motherwell, St Johnstone and ICT have done in recent years. As you correctly allude to we always end up with duffers.

I wouldnt have the first idea how transfers work and who pays in a loan deal, but is it possible that by letting Robertson go it gives us a little more to throw behind the deal for the French boy? I think I read Danny as saying there had been a further condition put on the deal late on in the proceedings.

Aye,he wanted paidshutup.gif

Another shite thread full of Legend haters.

Give Danny a break.

Shull, Shullster, Sheullmeister, Mr Shull, Shullicans, Shulligans, the big Shulzer.

I admire your staunch support of wee Daniel Lennon. Such conviction in ones belief has to be admired (unless you are also a religious crackpot).

As someone about Jon Robertson, he came, he didn't quite make the grade, he went back and no harm done.

It would also be justified to say of Daniel Lennon, he came, he became a legend, he thereafter failed to make the grade, he moved on and (hopefully before) no harm was done.

I must say I am taken aback by this as only last week young Jon was listed in the starting 11 (before a warm up induced injury) to play at right back. I was really looking forward to seeing him play there as I believed he would make the grade. Anyway sad to see you go young Jon.

Billy,you gave Gus the same treatment as Dannys getting .Why don't you give SG a call and tell him who the next Manager should be.At least that way we'd be guaranteed success.

Billy,you gave Gus the same treatment as Dannys getting .

That's correct John , because I could put the promotion in 2006 to one side and see were going nowhere by 2009 , there's no room for sentiment if it's clear that the manager's struggling and the future of the club as an SPL club is at risk !

That's correct John , because I could put the promotion in 2006 to one side and see were going nowhere by 2009 , there's no room for sentiment if it's clear that the manager's struggling and the future of the club as an SPL club is at risk !

7 years later we are still an SPL club so your judgment is f**ked AND would have cost us money to replace those two managers.

THAT would probably have resulted in our relegation.

Do you now see why fans can't be trusted to piss in the correct pot?

7 years later we are still an SPL club so your judgment is f**ked AND would have cost us money to replace those two managers.

THAT would probably have resulted in our relegation.

Do you now see why fans can't be trusted to piss in the correct pot?

What are you blithering about now FFS ? Gus continuing would have cost us our place in the SPL , that's why we bagged him and paid up his contract , a fate that can only be weeks , if not days, away for Danny as we plummet towards Rangers !