Jon Robertson Leaves

St mirren players are a bit like artists, nobody's interested in their work until there gone.

He seemed like a decent guy but everyone acknowledges we have too many midfielders and need to free up some wages.

Thanks for everything Jon. For BuddieinEK here are the comments

cheers for that.

nothing too controversial... I'd be upset if he wasn't upset.

I reckon he's a decent player and may well reappear in the SPL like Brittain did after leaving us... but at this time, the move suits us, him and the Blue Brazil.

cheers for that.

nothing too controversial... I'd be upset if he wasn't upset.

I reckon he's a decent player and may well reappear in the SPL like Brittain did after leaving us... but at this time, the move suits us, him and the Blue Brazil.

I don't think he has what Brittain has to be honest, just my opinion mind.

I don't think he has what Brittain has to be honest, just my opinion mind.

Not many Saints fans thought Brittain had what he has gone on to show though.

Jon is younger and may well develop into that kind of player... I wouldn't be surprised if he did... but then again, as with all young players, he could well drop off the radar.

Not many Saints fans thought Brittain had what he has gone on to show though.

Jon is younger and may well develop into that kind of player... I wouldn't be surprised if he did... but then again, as with all young players, he could well drop off the radar.

I was disappointed with Brittain but felt he had more to offer us than we saw. He'd been captain at Livi scoring SPL goals at 21. He played a lot more games than Robbo and I felt had been quite influential in a lot of them. I was quite surprised he was allowed to go. But maybe Robbo will go and become the main man somewhere and kick on using his experiences with us as a catalyst. I guess they both failed to become the main man in midfield which I think they both need to be to make the desired impact. Only time will tell. Edited by Hambud

St mirren players are a bit like artists, nobody's interested in their work until there gone.

He seemed like a decent guy but everyone acknowledges we have too many midfielders and need to free up some wages.

Thanks for everything Jon. For BuddieinEK here are the comments

Not a disaster he's away as many have said but I find those quotes a bit odd.

Suggests there was more to it than just being injured in the warm up.

The way things were looking he had the chance to make the right back slot his own if he'd started and impressed against Killie.

Just to draw a line under this Jon is delighted to re-join Cowdenbeath but gutted to leave St Mirren.Had a knee op over the summer and has had a series of niggly injuries post op.Was being worked on in training with a view to right back and the Kilmarnock game was going to be an opportunity for him with DVZ suspended.He has had loads of messages from the fans and players at the club and he is very grateful to everyone for that.Absolutely nothing sinister going on behind the scenes and he wouldn,t know the meaning of unprofessional.Didn,t work out so you move on.Now could you possibly stick it up Partick Thistle today and get some happiness around this forum.

Just to draw a line under this Jon is delighted to re-join Cowdenbeath but gutted to leave St Mirren.Had a knee op over the summer and has had a series of niggly injuries post op.Was being worked on in training with a view to right back and the Kilmarnock game was going to be an opportunity for him with DVZ suspended.He has had loads of messages from the fans and players at the club and he is very grateful to everyone for that.Absolutely nothing sinister going on behind the scenes and he wouldn,t know the meaning of unprofessional.Didn,t work out so you move on.Now could you possibly stick it up Partick Thistle today and get some happiness around this forum.

By sounds of it you're a player and also a Hibby going by your name.