Lee Mair

slapsalmon

But it won't, I've been told from guys at Ayr Utd. that when we were trying to move Wyness on a few years ago we contacted all the Division 1 clubs and offered to pay 50% of his wages for the remainder of his contract. If Mair goes it's liable to free up only ½ a wage.

half of Mairs wage would be at least one good player.

Having unwanted or estranged players within a club is not the way we should be going. Having these players train and mingle with other staff is a constant reminder to them that things are not going well. If he's not going to be part of things then Mair should have been loaned out or disposed of. On the other hand , if he appears back in the first-team it reveals yet another weakness in Danny's strategy !

Having unwanted or estranged players within a club is not the way we should be going. Having these players train and mingle with other staff is a constant reminder to them that things are not going well. If he's not going to be part of things then Mair should have been loaned out or disposed of. On the other hand , if he appears back in the first-team it reveals yet another weakness in Danny's strategy !

I thought he would have been gone yesterday but maybe he's holding out for a change in management

Is this saga at the core of what's wrong? There is clearly something amiss. Lee mair will naturally have some mates in the team. Perhaps they are unhappy with the methods used by Danny to offload him ( which clearly haven't worked as yet) is Dannys authority and leadership being challenged? So many questions and speculation. People have opinions on every player and Lee is no different. Last question: would we be stronger now by including him in the team?

Now Mairzo hasn't moved on would it be worth thinking about him playing alongside Cheesy ? Get Goody in midfield to protect back 4 ?

..............Cornell

DVZ Cheesy Mair Grainger

..............Goodwin

Teale Newton McLean /McGinn

............. Gowser/Harkins

................ Thommo

Edited by davidg

Now Mairzo hasn't moved on would it be worth thinking about him playing alongside Cheesy ? Get Goody in midfield to protect back 4 ?

..............Cornell

DVZ Cheesy Mair Grainger

..............Goodwin

Teale Newton McLean

............. Gowser

................ Thommo

Not great , but better balance than what we had yesterday . He'll not drop Harkins anyway , in case he tells him to stick it up his arse the way he did to Shiels !

Not great , but better balance than what we had yesterday . He'll not drop Harkins anyway , in case he tells him to stick it up his arse the way he did to Shiels !

We've now got a few players who think their above being benched.

Gowser and Harkins fighting over the same role and neither takes criticism or time in the bench too well and I'm not sure about DL's man management skills....

..............Cornell

DVZ Cheesy Mair Grainger

..............Goodwin

Teale Newton McLean /McGinn

............. Gowser/Harkins

................ Thommo

Protect? No...he'll just have more chance to push, pull and foul his opppnents.

I rate Lee Mair highly, always liked him, was pleased when we signed him and have been happy with his performances for the club. He and Goodwin don't seem to play well together for some reason, but that's not a huge problem for me, as I would rather have Goodwin in midfield. Personally I'd have Mair and McGregor as my centre backs with Goodwin providing some much-needed grit in the centre if the park.

I rate Lee Mair highly, always liked him, was pleased when we signed him and have been happy with his performances for the club. He and Goodwin don't seem to play well together for some reason, but that's not a huge problem for me, as I would rather have Goodwin in midfield. Personally I'd have Mair and McGregor as my centre backs with Goodwin providing some much-needed bookings and space for the opposition in the centre if the park.

Fixed!

Think about it, Newton will have a must play and we all want McGinn on. Teale on the right, we'll want two up top and McLean wiil continue left to try and get a move. Soooooooo, where would Jim go even if he wasn't such a poor man's Billy Bremner.

Fixed!

Think about it, Newton will have a must play and we all want McGinn on. Teale on the right, we'll want two up top and McLean wiil continue left to try and get a move. Soooooooo, where would Jim go even if he wasn't such a poor man's Billy Bremner.

I agree about Teale on the right. The two guys I would say that have to play are Goodwin and McGowan, if you're right and Newton has a must play clause then there's your central 3, Teale on the right, that leaves Harkins, McGinn and, to a lesser extent, McLean, fighting for a place wide left. It's not ideal to not fit all these guys into the team, but we can only field 11 and we desperately need to strengthen out midfield