Lee Mair

slapsalmon

Yes , but Thistle had too much possession in the final third , so move the "shite Mair" into the back four and move the "shite" defender Goodwin into his best position , protecting the back four ?

Im not convinced Goodwin has the legs to do that role anymore and thats why hes retained his position at the back

For me Mair is much of a muchness with our other centre halfs, thats not saying much about any of them to be honest

So the transfer window has come and gone, expect Danny to reintegrate Mair back into the squad now he knows that he can't offload him. He is on a good wedge, whether Danny fancies him or not isn't the issue, we have a piss thin squad, we are paying him.....so bloody well use him.

Shocker.

I'd go for Mair and McGregor as the pairing. I think, and always have thought, that Goodwin is way over-rated and certainly not a central defender.

Hopefully Lenzo and Mairzo both see this as an opportunity to put Mairzo in the "shop window" for January.

Yes , but Thistle had too much possession in the final third , so move the "shite Mair" into the back four and move the "shite" defender Goodwin into his best position , protecting the back four ?

Unfortunately, Goodwin's absolutely rubbish in midfield too.

How the hell can anyone who's seen the opening games still want cheesy playing?

He's been a joke FFS!

It isn't a case of wanting him playing.

They won't thrown Naismith in yet and i think McGregor isn't trusted in there anymore,

A centre half should have been required over the summer to give competition to Cheesy as the edge has gone from his game.

According to Billy G we were meant to be bringing in a centre half

I always find it strange when a player is told he is free to find another club and if the player in question does not find another club (for whatever reason) he is invited back into the first team set-up after being excluded. It usually suggests that either (i) the Manager is actually unsure of who his best players actually are (ii) the Manager is admitting that the team is struggling in said player's position or (iii) the Manager is being influenced by supporters in the stands/on radio phone-ins/internet forums. I have noticed since Danny Lennon took over that he seemed determined to get rid of as many of the players he inherited from the previous management regime as quickly as possible. I know that is pretty much bog-standard of any manager coming in but the problem was he let a lot go and then replaced them with many guys who were simply not up to the job. This summer he did the same thing and failed to replace them.

I just think that if Danny decides that he is going to drop one of the central defenders he is contradicting himself. He gave us the impression that he was happy without Lee Mair and allowed him to find another Club. Mair said he was staying to fight his place. Danny didn't put him in the squad and sticks with what he has. I don't think Marc McAusland necessarily deserves to be dropped. I think Jim Goodwin needs some time on the side-lines but do we honestly think that Danny will drop a man he brought in and made Captain? No chance he'll drop Goodwin. So, if he decides to drop McAusland and replaces him with Mair, he's suggesting that McAusland isn't up to the task just now and he's replacing him with a guy he told was free to find another club and surplus to requirements? The mind boggles! 1eye.gif

or (iv) the player in question got stuck in at training to fight for his place in the team

perhaps he and his clique might consider it time to stop stabbing the manager in the back then..?

Somner9, I'm not saying you're wrong but I've never seen evidence of him "stabbing the manager in the back" (despite looking)..............could you provide me a link as I'd think this kind of direct behaviour would potentially be a sacking offence which could be a win/win situation for the manager.