A Message From The Players

div

Please don't let this turn into another bitchfest guys, you have seen the message, it came direct from the dressing room. Entirely up to you how you choose to react to it tomorrow.

I know if we get a performance on the park the fans will react. Let's try and help ignite that performance as best we possibly can.

There is no bitchfest div,i am 100% behind your post and the players will have my full support tomorrow,i was reacting to the second post in this thread telling me how i should behave tomorrow ,i dont react well to dictats

Time to get behind the team, the manager, the staff and the BODs both individually and collectively. Every single one deserves nothing other than 100% backing from us as a support and we deserve nothing other than 100% from them in return.

It's time everyone got on board and started pulling the same way.

We've all seen crisis before on numerous occasions, this isn't a crisis, it's just a bigger than average speed bump in the road.wink.png

FFS, some people are even managing to turn this thread into a bitchfest.

I despair sometimes.

ETA: if I were DIv, I'd just lock this before it degenerates any further

There is only one turning it into a bitchfest Drew. The rest are happy to support the team on Saturday without conditions and a need to abuse if things aren't going the way they want it to.

Guest somner9

I spoke to one of the players today and he asked me to put a wee note out to the fans.

The players appreciate that everyone is feeling frustrated, they are feeling it too. They are absolutely determined to put it right.

They have asked that everyone gets right behind them from the off tomorrow, whether you appreciate it or not it makes an enormous difference to them.

I think they all feel a bit on edge based on the conversation I had. We need to do our bit to boost that confidence as much as we can.

So, if you are going tomorrow, please put on your positive shoes, and give the team every encouragement from the first whistle.

Hopefully we will see a response.

COYS

I wonder if 'Le Clique' will desist their social media and now press whispering campaign and back OUR manager as well as Our team..?

A good win tomorrow will piss them right aff..! clap.gif

Good to hear this Div. But in all fairness, us fans do more than our fair share. We've turned out in huge numbers in the past and often been left so disappointed by performances on the park. Granted, our last big occasion we did not do our usual of following through in front of loads of people and we actually won, but the players then failed to back that up with further good league performances to keep the crowds interested.

I know there's a difference between spending your money to simply watch the game and getting behind the team vocally, but the majority of fans need something to get excited about in the first place. I went to Tynecastle last year when we were walked all over by a young Hearts team we'd won a cup against barely two months before. A section of our support carried on singing, dancing and generally having a great time. Did we get a reaction on the park? Did we hell. It's these kinds of moments which leave a bit of a bitter taste, if I'm honest.

Every single St Mirren fan who attends a game is getting behind the team simply by being there. We aren't all singing and dancing types - but 100% of fans will clap when they see something they like. I think it's about time we were given a really good performance by this group of players - a large majority of whom won us that cup - to show that they aren't just one-trick ponies and to repay the support we continue to give them through thick and thin. These guys get paid to win football matches. It's time for them to stand up and prove they're better than just the team everyone thinks Hearts could catch.

There is only one turning it into a bitchfest Drew. The rest are happy to support the team on Saturday without conditions and a need to abuse if things aren't going the way they want it to.

It seems to only take one, unfortunately.

Thank you,and you are still a tired old fart with nothing original to say

See, i'll repeat again, you're funny.

Also, if we're 3 nil down at half time, would it not be better to encourage the team more.

We may get a draw or even a 4-3 win.

Everybody happy !

See, i'll repeat again, you're funny.

Also, if we're 3 nil down at half time, would it not be better to encourage the team more.

We may get a draw or even a 4-3 win.

Everybody happy !

I think, for once in 31000 posts, you've hit the nail on the head.

While 3-0 would be hard to stay positive, although not impossible, It seems if we're 0-0 for a while or, even worse, go a goal behind the wolves take great pleasure in turning on the manager or specific players.

Just shows the players do notice the eagerness of the support to get negative at the slightest opportunity.

As a few have posted, of course it's a two way thing, the support react to positive actions on the field but is seems the unwillingness or patience in sections of the support are making themselves heard above others.

A bit like this forum.

PS Before the hilarious comments come pouring in, I'm cutting back on games this season. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

We also need to support the team for the full 90 minutes, not start grumbling if we go a goal down, its at times like that they will need greater support. COYS

remembering old days at Love St, going 1 down used to be when Saints fans were at their loudest. We used to encourage our players after going a goal down, let's get back to that.

remembering old days at Love St, going 1 down used to be when Saints fans were at their loudest. We used to encourage our players after going a goal down, let's get back to that.

Obviously never experienced that but sounds like a bang on comment and exactly the sort of encouragement that would help. Lets hope we dont need to go 1 down first though

brings back "AMAZING" memories of the singing in the northbank up against the fence

the standing days not the sitting days

we were loud and proud in those days

(for the youngsters...check out the 6-2 hammering of Hearts at love street to see us in full voice)

I think, for once in 31000 posts, you've hit the nail on the head.

While 3-0 would be hard to stay positive, although not impossible, It seems if we're 0-0 for a while or, even worse, go a goal behind the wolves take great pleasure in turning on the manager or specific players.

Just shows the players do notice the eagerness of the support to get negative at the slightest opportunity.

As a few have posted, of course it's a two way thing, the support react to positive actions on the field but is seems the unwillingness or patience in sections of the support are making themselves heard above others.

A bit like this forum.

PS Before the hilarious comments come pouring in, I'm cutting back on games this season. lol.gif

I would agree that people need to be more patient if it was a one-off. But the fact is that we've been trying to do the same thing in the league for three years now and largely failing. I think that frustration has built up over time so that it's only going to keep getting worse. It's been clear our defence hasn't been good enough for a long time now and yet we seem to keep employing the same tactics - and I think that's why people are now quicker to criticise than they perhaps were after one bad performance/defeat a few years ago.

I don't make every game but I admire those that do, especially the long journeys. They must have the patience of saints (pardon the pun). I think, by and large, football fans are patient because they have to be. So calling for even more patience, on top of years and years of dedicated patience, is really stretching things a bit far. How much longer must we be patient for?