A Message From The Players

div

calling for even more patience, on top of years and years of dedicated patience, is really stretching things a bit far. How much longer must we be patient for?

Tiger, I'm by no means getting at you and I appreciate your point of view, but equally after the same years of patience in the 1st Division, countless false dawns, innumerable lows (which we have all shared) Danny has delivered wins against both of the Old Firm and a National Trophy which are things that could only be dreamed of mid-90s.

I think the players got great support at Dumfries on Tuesday night, Don't think the players are the issue, But they will have my support tomorrow

What is the point in Div posting the original message then "liking" this rubbish from Paisley's true "wee clueless". Either it is all lets stand together or not.

Like it or not Div you are now in many ways a voice for the fans, in my opinion you should act like one when your own website shows majority support for the most successful manager in the history of our club.

I've always thought that we all sang more when we are at Love Street. There are often too many quite spells at Saint Mirren Park. Singing the songs is part of the enjoyment as far as l'm concerned but even if it means that l going home hoarse or l have lost my voice as was the case twice at Hampden this year. .

The 4500 who made there way to the semi-final did us all proud as we drowned out the noise of around 20,000 timothies that day . So based on that we are all capable of making ourselves heard and getting behind the team . COYS. .

I've always thought that we all sang more when we are at Love Street. There are often too many quite spells at Saint Mirren Park. Singing the songs is part of the enjoyment as far as l'm concerned but even if it means that l going home hoarse or l have lost my voice as was the case twice at Hampden this year. .

The 4500 who made there way to the semi-final did us all proud as we drowned out the noise of around 20,000 timothies that day . So based on that we are all capable of making ourselves heard and getting behind the team . COYS. .

Erm......4500?...at the semi final?.....you sure?....You could be right but although a small crowd at Hampden ....I thought maybe 6500?

What is the point in Div posting the original message then "liking" this rubbish from Paisley's true "wee clueless". Either it is all lets stand together or not.

Like it or not Div you are now in many ways a voice for the fans, in my opinion you should act like one when your own website shows majority support for the most successful manager in the history of our club.

What you on about you1eye.gif

Partick have only 200 tickets left to sell, not sure if that includes W6 and W7 but either way, they will be bringing a lot and making a lot of noise.

We need to try and match that.

The younger players are the ones who really need lifting at times like this.

No chance our home support is not vocal bar the occasional oh when the saints from 100 or so in the West Bank. We will be out sung tomorrow without doubt but I think if the players really are hurting then come out the traps flying tomorrow and start winning football games. We the fans have had a miserable few weeks too. Edited by norrie82

Good to see players coming in.........My worry will remain the number 1 though....No doubt the boy has ability but not what we need right now......No keeper no joy .....No interest in bringing one in.....Will be our downfall.

why do never finish a.....it's as if you are hinting at.....or just can't be bothered to.....are we to fill in the blanks.......

remembering old days at Love St, going 1 down used to be when Saints fans were at their loudest. We used to encourage our players after going a goal down, let's get back to that.

I remember those days and guess what ? we still do .Those were also the days when every supporter had a pair of balls and were capable of independent thought,sadly those days are gone

There is no doubt that 11 St Mirren players will take the field tomorrow and try to win the game. If they are hurting like they should be then they will give a bit more. I know of managers who lost the dressing room and players went out to lose.........Hope that's not the case here and whether we change manager or not is not the big issue.....a win is needed and we have the players to do it.......I feel it will happen COYS

Unfortunately there are people in our support who sing "We'll support you evermore" when what they actually mean is "We'll support you up to four"......

or three in your case.

Yes - it could be car crash viewing tomorrow - many of us have been there before, and no doubt we will see dark times agains, but it is during these tough times that we all need to stand firm in the support of OUR CLUB - OUR TEAM - OUR TOWN. When the team does win the League Cup or Scottish Cup or some league title along the way it will more than compensate for the dark times.

The last time tomorrows visitors Partick Thistle won a major Scottish honour (League, SC or LC) I'd hazard a guess you were not even born.

Since 1971 when Thistle won the LC I've seen Saints win the Anglo Scottish Cup, win the Scottish Cup, win the League Cup and watched them take part in four different European competitions.

Teams like St Mirren will always tend to go through ups and downs - but when you compare our record in the last few decades even in comparision to other so-called bigger sides like Aberdeen & Motherwell we have done really well.

Be proud of our club and what we have achieved.

COYS KTF.

You need to look around a bit more Slash.......There are many on here who agree.....coys!

Erm......4500?...at the semi final?.....you sure?....You could be right but although a small crowd at Hampden ....I thought maybe 6500?

Okay , it doesn't actually specify but I remember them saying at the time , 4500 Buddies. I'd put my wages on it , but that crowd were fantastic , a core support giving there all and to be honest that day was just as sweet as the final , moreover because we led the match from the 8th minute and never went behind plus it was the first time Danny had led the team to victory against that mob. . COYS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21106906

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Unfortunately there are people in our support who sing "We'll support you evermore" when what they actually mean is "We'll support you up to four"...... 

or three in your case.

Yes - it could be car crash viewing tomorrow - many of us have been there before, and no doubt we will see dark times agains, but it is during these tough times that we all need to stand firm in the support of OUR CLUB - OUR TEAM - OUR TOWN. When the team does win the League Cup or Scottish Cup or some league title along the way it will more than compensate for the dark times.

The last time tomorrows visitors Partick Thistle won a major Scottish honour (League, SC or LC) I'd hazard a guess you were not even born.

Since 1971 when Thistle won the LC I've seen Saints win the Anglo Scottish Cup, win the Scottish Cup, win the League Cup and watched them take part in four different European competitions.

Teams like St Mirren will always tend to go through ups and downs - but when you compare our record in the last few decades even in comparision to other so-called bigger sides like Aberdeen & Motherwell we have done really well.

Be proud of our club and what we have achieved.

COYS KTF.

I meant that I would rather leave the ground if getting pumped than shout abuse at the players, or manager. It was a throw away comment I'm always proud to be a bud was even one of the few remaining in Hampden to clap the team that had lost to Rangers, but your right I wasn't alive when thistle won a cup.

I'd hope most of my posts reflect that I do KTF, though my drole sense of humour may make it appear differently.

I meant that I would rather leave the ground if getting pumped than shout abuse at the players, or manager. It was a throw away comment I'm always proud to be a bud was even one of the few remaining in Hampden to clap the team that had lost to Rangers, but your right I wasn't alive when thistle won a cup.

I'd hope most of my posts reflect that I do KTF, though my drole sense of humour may make it appear differently.

Where? whistling.gif