Thanks For Everything Danny

Lex

Having read Dannys comments on the BBC website it would appear that he is not for quitting. He actually makes some very honest remarks on the general situation we find ourselves in. Like most others on here I want to see Danny succeed, but I support St Mirren more than I do Danny Lennon. He really needs something of a miracle to survive "at this moment in time". The cup win is now a distant memory.lastly Im not convinced that tommy Craig is the right man for no 2 it seems that there are communication problems once the game is underway, and by reading accounts of the game tommy Craig is the one shouting conflicting instructions from the dug out. Is danny too soft and perhaps intimidated by tommys reputation?

Ok lets sack Danny....who is coming in?.......Must be a great manager out there who can put everything right......Gees a name?

A change of manager often makes a marked (or should that be marced) difference.

If/when DL goes, someone WILL come in. Life will move on.

Who should it be? Dunno. Someone who can inspire the players would be useful though.

Who should it be? Dunno. Someone who can inspire the players would be useful though.

When Danny leaves/quits/is sacked/is forced out the door, you are right there will be someone to replace him. This issue is for all those who want him out who could do better?

I still think he needs more time. New signings, signed by him, transfer window closed, leaving a replacement with no time to bring in their own additions. Seems a silly time to make a decision, especially when there is nobody who is better than who we have...or at least that's how it seems.

Once again if those who know best in the club feel there is nowhere to go then fair enough, but the negativity and concerted campaign to get rid of Danny is beyond a joke. Lunacy abounds with comments of worst Saints team ever etc...how short the memories are.

When Danny leaves/quits/is sacked/is forced out the door, you are right there will be someone to replace him. This issue is for all those who want him out who could do better?

I still think he needs more time. New signings, signed by him, transfer window closed, leaving a replacement with no time to bring in their own additions. Seems a silly time to make a decision, especially when there is nobody who is better than who we have...or at least that's how it seems.

Once again if those who know best in the club feel there is nowhere to go then fair enough, but the negativity and concerted campaign to get rid of Danny is beyond a joke. Lunacy abounds with comments of worst Saints team ever etc...how short the memories are.

I agree with a lot of what you say there, and there's certainly a lot of over the top comments on here. But, I also think a change of manager at any club is most useful when the new man finds a way to get the best out of the people at his disposal.

Sad as it is, I think DL has lost that part of his job, if he ever really had it to begin with.

This thread is bad enough without this completely stupid post ^^^ the game finished at 4-45 and the boy is entitled to do whatever he likes. What young person doesn't go out of a weekend to have a few drinks and unwind.

Top professionals who have shamed themselves and the club,Teale,Thompson having a quiet one tonight i would guess .Its a major mistake by Marc,a serious error of judgement ....... hang on ,we say that about him every week !!!

I agree with a lot of what you say there, and there's certainly a lot of over the top comments on here. But, I also think a change of manager at any club is most useful when the new man finds a way to get the best out of the people at his disposal.

Sad as it is, I think DL has lost that part of his job, if he ever really had it to begin with.

Not happening at Bolton, hasn't really worked at Blackburn on several occasions...whilst you could quote examples where it has worked, it would be a gamble. Something which without knowing what goes on in training, without knowing how the board and players feel, we can only guess about and cannot make an informed decision about.

By contrast if we are in the same position prior to the mid-season window opening...well regardless of my opinions on the matter, it surely would be an easier time to allow the new man every opportunity to succeed.

Top professionals who have shamed themselves and the club,Teale,Thompson having a quiet one tonight i would guess .Its a major mistake by Marc,a serious error of judgement ....... hang on ,we say that about him every week !!!

Is this a witch hunt? Get a grip. Once again opinions on performance on the park are fine. He is a human being and regardless of whether he had a poor day at the office, his own time is precisely that.

If Div is correct and the board and players view this site I'm quite frankly embarrassed by the dross that is posted by either poorly informed fans with unrealistic expectations or inflammatory jokers who don't appreciate the harm they are doing.

Back your team, it's players, manager, and custodians. Voice your opinion on their performance, but again keep your personal vendettas to yourselves.

Not happening at Bolton, hasn't really worked at Blackburn on several occasions...whilst you could quote examples where it has worked, it would be a gamble. Something which without knowing what goes on in training, without knowing how the board and players feel, we can only guess about and cannot make an informed decision about.

By contrast if we are in the same position prior to the mid-season window opening...well regardless of my opinions on the matter, it surely would be an easier time to allow the new man every opportunity to succeed.

Yeah, there's a point to that, but I just can't see where the improvement's going to come from right now.

I wasn't being flippant .....I think our club needs a new direction but I'm struggling to see how it can happen. Other clubs our size have stole a march on us and It's not just down to the manager. I think it's fair for anyone who demands change should offer a name and how he will turn things around. IMO we have major problems with the squad we have and I can think of no new manager who can turn this around at this time

I wasn't being flippant .....I think our club needs a new direction but I'm struggling to see how it can happen. Other clubs our size have stole a march on us and It's not just down to the manager. I think it's fair for anyone who demands change should offer a name and how he will turn things around. IMO we have major problems with the squad we have and I can think of no new manager who can turn this around at this time

I don't think you were being flippant Bud.

And I agree with what you say about other clubs our size (or in most cases, smaller actually!)

A name? I honestly don't know the best option. I'd need to seriously give it done thought. But I definitely think that there's an attitude/behaviour thing that can be improved, and someone to get the best out of some very good football players, and that just takes a man with a different approach.

Marc Mcausland cares more than any of the doubters will ever know, the guys aloud to let his hair down ffs.

Fair enough your opinion. Just find it hard to see Danny be shafted by our team of players and then see some out living it up. No big deal just my comment. If you think Marc is solid fair game but I tend to think he is not . Cheers

I always think this is a strange concept.

In my job, if someone's not performing they will be managed accordingly. Have objectives set, expectations clarified, and timescales for improvement agreed. If they continue to under-perform, eventually they will lose their job.

Why should being manager of a football team be any different?

You are right. However under employment law it needs to be an act of gross misconduct for your contract to be terminated without pay on leu of notice. So unless DL is doing something like thieving or sexually harrassing the receptionist we need to pay out the contractual notice we have signed with him.

You are right. However under employment law it needs to be an act of gross misconduct for your contract to be terminated without pay on leu of notice. So unless DL is doing something like thieving or sexually harrassing the receptionist we need to pay out the contractual notice we have signed with him.

Not quite sure that's right.

Employment law allows for someone's contract to be terminated if they're not performing to the expectations and job description laid down by their employers.

Usually a more long drawn out process than just bagging somebody in a day, but it can be done, without fear of the law, if somebody isn't doing their job correctly.

I've had to do it myself a few times, and need to be in the right before I do so.

Just thought. Maybe he's sexually harassing Kenny McLean!!??

This thread is disrespectful when he's still our manager- unless St Mirren are saying otherwise. Be careful what you wish for though- I don't want another young manager, ie Paul Hartley, replacing him...

That's what the Gusophiles used to say. Danny came in and done no worse then Gus, but it would appear his time may be at an end.

Not quite sure that's right.

Employment law allows for someone's contract to be terminated if they're not performing to the expectations and job description laid down by their employers.

Usually a more long drawn out process than just bagging somebody in a day, but it can be done, without fear of the law, if somebody isn't doing their job correctly.

I've had to do it myself a few times, and need to be in the right before I do so.

You must be a shit manager then, almost anyone in bother can turn it around. It's not hard if you have the will and a boss who knows the ropes. I.m proud to say I've been a manager for over 20 years and have never had to dismiss anyone. It's as much hard work to build a case and bag someone as it is to address their shortcomings and help them move on. I suppose it depends on what approach you prefer