Thanks For Everything Danny

Lex

I.m proud to say I've been a manager for over 20 years and have never had to dismiss anyone.

It's not always that easy. I used to be a manager for Billy Smart's Circus and had to fire the Human Cannonball. (Every weekday and twice on Saturdays)

Edited by BAWZ

Is this a witch hunt? Get a grip. Once again opinions on performance on the park are fine. He is a human being and regardless of whether he had a poor day at the office, his own time is precisely that.

If Div is correct and the board and players view this site I'm quite frankly embarrassed by the dross that is posted by either poorly informed fans with unrealistic expectations or inflammatory jokers who don't appreciate the harm they are doing.

Back your team, it's players, manager, and custodians. Voice your opinion on their performance, but again keep your personal vendettas to yourselves.

Right, thats it,you have now been added to my personal vendetta list , oh shit,sorry mate ,meant to keep that to myself bangin.gif

Top professionals who have shamed themselves and the club,Teale,Thompson having a quiet one tonight i would guess .Its a major mistake by Marc,a serious error of judgement ....... hang on ,we say that about him every week !!!

you are just a complete f*d!! slagging Cheesy (who by all accounts was one of the top performers today), for going out on a Saturday night after a game?? at what point has Marc 'shamed' himself at the club? do you suppose we impose a ban on players from leaving their homes after a few defeats?!

you are just a complete f*d!! slagging Cheesy (who by all accounts was one of the top performers today), for going out on a Saturday night after a game?? at what point has Marc 'shamed' himself at the club? do you suppose we impose a ban on players from leaving their homes after a few defeats?!

I'm normally the first to defend him but I thought he has a very poor game today.

I'm normally the first to defend him but I thought he has a very poor game today.

This is what makes fotball so special, differing opinions.

I thought Marc, Goodwin and the keeper were easily our best performers today.

As I said early in this thread, I hope I'm thanking Danny in a couple of months for proving me wrong and turning things round.

Bed time ????

If the Boo Boys and Knickerwetters want Danny out, why are they contributing to a thread to " THANK " him ? 1eye.gif

WHAT FOR ?

Leave Danny alone trollers !

It's only fair to thank him for his efforts and a few great memories , although they're far outweighed by the number of soulless defeats we've suffered under him. Ricky Gillies wrote a good wee piece in the PDE yesterday saying that he's amazed that Danny has not made a central defender his priority and that the signs were there pre-season that we were going to struggle.

Sounds like Ricky is a fellow knickerwetter , or maybe , like me , he wants the club to succeed but just can't see it happening in the current circumstances !

A bit harsh Scott, Danny has done substantially better than Gus did with less to work with

Gus' starting position was a club in its third successive battle against relegation to the 2nd Division, one season in 15 in the top flight, a debt of £3 million, a crumbling stadium, a wage budget which was only the 5th highest in the First Division and no training facilities.

Danny's starting position was a club going into its 5th successive season in the SPL, a club with no debt, brand new training facilities, a brand new stadium and an SPL wage budget which was no different to the SPL wage budget that Gus had at the end.

I'd say that it was Gus who had substantially less to work with.

In his 3 seasons at St. Mirren Danny has finished lower than the position he inherited twice. Indeed, as the 10th placed non Old Firm side last season, it was our worst top flight season in 40 years.

And, leaving aside Hearts points deduction we're now the worst side in the SPL...

Edited by Isabella Duke

If the Boo Boys and Knickerwetters want Danny out, why are they contributing to a thread to " THANK " him ? :1eye

WHAT FOR ?

Leave Danny alone trollers !

I,m neither a troll or a knickerwetters. I think it is becoming increasily difficult to defend Danny's position as each week passes. No one wants to see a repeat of the Fitzpatrick sacking, I think Danny deserves better from the club and fans. However action of some sort needs to take place now, whether that's Danny being replaced or someone coming in as director of football to give him some support, I don't know. However if you think it's only boo boys and trolls who have some agenda against Danny , then I,m afraid you are in that big river that runs through Egypt.

In his 3 seasons at St. Mirren Danny has finished lower than the position he inherited twice. Indeed, as the 10th placed non Old Firm side last season, it was our worst top flight season in 40 years.

Are you still coming out with this bollocks?!

Lennon might still be manager during our next game, but I think it's becoming fairly obvious his sacking is inevitable over the next couple of months. We've just been too shit for too long now for this to be considered a blip.

I hope I'm wrong and Danny turns it around, but there has really been no indication over the last few months that is going to happen.

As for who should replace him if he does go, I'm really not sure as that's not my job. However, I would be quite happy with another younger manager looking to take a step up or get started.

Gus' starting position was a club in its third successive battle against relegation to the 2nd Division, one season in 15 in the top flight, a debt of £3 million, a crumbling stadium, a wage budget which was only the 5th highest in the First Division and no training facilities.

Danny's starting position was a club going into its 5th successive season in the SPL, a club with no debt, brand new training facilities, a brand new stadium and an SPL wage budget which was no different to the SPL wage budget that Gus had at the end.

I'd say that it was Gus who had substantially less to work with.

And, leaving aside Hearts points deduction we're now the worst side in the SPL...

Agreed. I always liked Gus in charge and could never really see the rationale in replacing him with DL. If DL had come in and made serious advances on the position Gus led us to in the SPL I would have gladly eat my own words of course, which has not been the case. I would reckon that the only advantage DL brings as a replacement of Gus was a lower salary IMO.

Calls for DL to go are fair enough in isolation, considering the horrible start to the season which is not simply based on results, but the fact that all things considered, the outlook is looking rather bleak for 2013/14 at this stage. The question is not one that we can ask in isolation however, it is inextricably tied up with the question of who replaces him?

The worst one I've heard on here is the argument for Thompson as player manager/manager, given that he is already one of the senior players, we would like to think that his opinion would have some currency in the SMFC dressing room, and that any positive contribution he could make would already have been shared with the group, the whole point of replacing the manager is in having someone with a fresh and objective vantage point with which to rejuvenate the campaign...very much a toughie at this stage when the transfer window was slammed shut yesterday!

My opinion is that DL will be with us until at least January. The SMFC board will probably not splash out on new management, that is to say that the reason DL is here IMO is that he costs less than Gus...is there another manager out there who costs the same as DL who we would agree has a better chance of taking things forward?...and if we are going to splash out...which I think we should...January is probably the logical time to do so, given that the first questions a new manager is likely to ask are: how much can I spend? and who can I bring in?...

I refuse to jump on the bandwagon of being over critical of DL...I think the guy will...in the passing of time be regarded as a hero of sorts for his League Cup victory...and I think it's unfortunate that managers attract so much abuse for not getting things right in comparison to other walks of life...had he gone at the end of last season it would have been the right time I think...the reality is that he probably has until January...if DL takes us down then the blunder is that of the SMFC board...

Agreed. I always liked Gus in charge and could never really see the rationale in replacing him with DL. If DL had come in and made serious advances on the position Gus led us to in the SPL I would have gladly eat my own words of course, which has not been the case. I would reckon that the only advantage DL brings as a replacement of Gus was a lower salary IMO.

Calls for DL to go are fair enough in isolation, considering the horrible start to the season which is not simply based on results, but the fact that all things considered, the outlook is looking rather bleak for 2013/14 at this stage. The question is not one that we can ask in isolation however, it is inextricably tied up with the question of who replaces him?

The worst one I've heard on here is the argument for Thompson as player manager/manager, given that he is already one of the senior players, we would like to think that his opinion would have some currency in the SMFC dressing room, and that any positive contribution he could make would already have been shared with the group, the whole point of replacing the manager is in having someone with a fresh and objective vantage point with which to rejuvenate the campaign...very much a toughie at this stage when the transfer window was slammed shut yesterday!

My opinion is that DL will be with us until at least January. The SMFC board will probably not splash out on new management, that is to say that the reason DL is here IMO is that he costs less than Gus...is there another manager out there who costs the same as DL who we would agree has a better chance of taking things forward?...and if we are going to splash out...which I think we should...January is probably the logical time to do so, given that the first questions a new manager is likely to ask are: how much can I spend? and who can I bring in?...

I refuse to jump on the bandwagon of being over critical of DL...I think the guy will...in the passing of time be regarded as a hero of sorts for his League Cup victory...and I think it's unfortunate that managers attract so much abuse for not getting things right in comparison to other walks of life...had he gone at the end of last season it would have been the right time I think...the reality is that he probably has until January...if DL takes us down then the blunder is that of the SMFC board...

Good post.

You must be a shit manager then, almost anyone in bother can turn it around. It's not hard if you have the will and a boss who knows the ropes. I.m proud to say I've been a manager for over 20 years and have never had to dismiss anyone. It's as much hard work to build a case and bag someone as it is to address their shortcomings and help them move on. I suppose it depends on what approach you prefer

Well, considering you don't know what I do, what level I manage at, how many people report to me, and ANY of the circumstances in the cases where I've had to do that, you've made some pretty speculative assumptions, and quite personal comments there!

But I guess that's what people do on here quite often.

laugh.pnglaugh.png laugh.png he was saying Danny should stay last night.

I think he got his alias mixed up

He does need to remain super organised though to keep on top of what alias has what particular stance. I think that a third alias for this season could put the cat amongst the pigeons.

If that's the case he shouldn't put them on the team sheet. He should t have offered new deals. He's got to pick a team he trusts.

Everyone is hurting and the players and manager need to accept responsibility, not one or the other IMO.

But the players aren't accepting responsibility. McLean looked like he was spending half the game daydreaming about his big money move down South, McGowan ran around like a headless chicken and Thompson just doesn't look interested. There were at least 5 players from yesterday's game who should be dropped until they get their attitude sorted and start putting some effort into games.As the old saying goes 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.' We have far too many players not working hard enough.

But the players aren't accepting responsibility. McLean looked like he was spending half the game daydreaming about his big money move down South, McGowan ran around like a headless chicken and Thompson just doesn't look interested. There were at least 5 players from yesterday's game who should be dropped until they get their attitude sorted and start putting some effort into games.As the old saying goes 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.' We have far too many players not working hard enough.

McLean was one of our best players, and Thompson won just about every high ball that was launched in his general direction and set Harkins through on goal with a piece of genius.

Its funny how perceptions very (I agree that McGowan wasn't very good, though)