St Mirren V Motherwell 14/09/2013

insaintee

International break couldn't come at a better time.

2 weeks to get things sorted and for the new players to settle in.

I'm pretty sure Danny will still be in the dug out for this game. Let's hope we can sort things out and pick up 3 points.

2-1 Saints.

I hope your right, certainly gives the club time to try to give the new guys a chance to settle in, they must be thinking WTF have they come to, doubt they'll be recommending any of their pals come to St Mirren if things don't get better.

We have a decent record against this lot so, fingers crossed, like Whydowebother says, a draw will do, although not for some.

I don't want an International break, total waste of a weekend. Play them midweek.

Anyway, Lets get behind Danny & Tommy as hopefully they transform our team of heroes.

Saints 3 Motherwell 1

Thommo and Bahookie ( 2 ) to score

Crowd - 4313

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Edited by shull

I look at some our central defence and midfield performances yesterday and can't find any cause for optimism. I thought Newton(in particular))and McGinn were overrun and Harkins was ineffective , while Goodwin was getting pulled all over the place showing why he's really not a central defender and should be the sitting midfielder. Worrying times , unless the management wake up to the glaring problems and bring in a couple of out-of-contract players !

Sorry guys but I just don't see us get anything out this game. Our Manager failed to get a reaction from the team yesterday. There appears to be a lack of drive and confidence about the team. Our tactics are baffling and I get the sense we don't have any plans to go to a different option of digging in and winning ugly.

We had a really poor end to last season and instead of strengthening the squad in close season we have weakened it. Not sure where our next win is coming from?

Sorry guys but I just don't see us get anything out this game. Our Manager failed to get a reaction from the team yesterday. There appears to be a lack of drive and confidence about the team. Our tactics are baffling and I get the sense we don't have any plans to go to a different option of digging in and winning ugly. We had a really poor end to last season and instead of strengthening the squad in close season we have weakened it. Not sure where our next win is coming from?

Before we know it , a play-off place is going to be our best option and I'm sure , as it stands , any of the promotion candidates will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of a play-off v us ! sleep.png

If Danny is still in charge i can't see how we don't lose the game. Worse teams than Motherwell have had no problem beating us this year, it's became abundantly clear that Danny does not have what it takes to turn this failing side around.

The question is how many more games are we going to lose before a change is made?

This will be my first game of the season, and if DL doesn't start with something like this then we wont have a chance of getting anything

Cornell

Caprice

2 of Goodwin, McGregor, McAusland

Grainger

Teale

Newton

McGowan

Mcginn/Mclean

Thommo

Harkins/Bahoken

I hope we get a 2-1 win, but at the moment I cant see it.

Hopefully there will be different formations and line ups worked on during the international break , give the new and young players a go ,even if they need to arrange a couple of bounce games .We do have the players to challenge every position ,with maybe the exception of the goalie to make all the squad work harder .

Hopefully there will be different formations and line ups worked on during the international break , give the new and young players a go ,even if they need to arrange a couple of bounce games .We do have the players to challenge every position ,with maybe the exception of the goalie to make all the squad work harder .

That's what pre-season should've been used for.

Christ knows what the score will be but for a start i'll settle for a starting 11 with players played in the right positions.

That would please me greatly.

That's not much of an ask !

It's so obvious from the stands , the players should speak up though as they must know they are being asked to play out with their own comfort zone.

If they are speaking up & management ain't listening there ls a bigger issue.

I'm sure on here we are all reasonably good at our own jobs , but ask me to wire your electrics and your taking a gamble ! It has to be the same asking players to do a different job.