St Mirren V Motherwell 14/09/2013

insaintee

Oh right,so not knowing the names of other players and being asked to play in a football match was a bridge too far for this professional footballer !!! ok scratch comedy,how does rank rotten grab you ? even our excuse of a manager spotted it

So a striker who is loan from Nice in Ligue 1 is "rank rotten" 1eye.gif

Why would any St Mirren fan call themselves 'Saints0' on a forum? Why would anyone bother to post such a stream of unfunny, unoriginal one liners? I think he's yet another troll bye1.gif

So a striker who is loan from Nice in Ligue 1 is "rank rotten" 1eye.gif

Why would any St Mirren fan call themselves 'Saints0' on a forum? Why would anyone bother to post such a stream of unfunny, unoriginal one liners? I think he's yet another troll bye1.gif

Why would i call myself Saints0 ? hmm ,how about the fact we are complete shite,or havent you noticed .Now run along ,the fact you resort to using the word "troll" puts you in the happy clapper subspecies and not worthy of my valuable time

What attitude?

My point is simple. Motherwell are a far better team than County, QOTS, and Thistle, I'm sure everyone will agree. Of course the problem is in the space of the last 10 days we have lost to County, QOTS and Thistle. Have we ever had a run of 3 such poor defeats against smaller clubs before? I certainly can't remember one.

Therefore it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out its pretty unlikely we will beat Motherwell. Of course it's football and anything can happen, but we will be underdogs going into this game with all bookies and all fans of the Scottish game. I'd bite your hand off for a point right now and I'm sure most realistic Saints fans would say the same thing.

You know fine well what attitude. If the players go into a game expecting defeat (like you) then they will most likely live up to expectations... and it doesn't need a Garden Labourer to work that out chum.

am I allowed to boo at the end when we get beat ?

thumbdown.gif

especially reading the bit in bold below...

don't know what team you really support .but it aint st Mirren ,or maybe you just havnt been for a few years ,but im afraid if you have been to any game since the 18th of march your optimism is immence mate

What?

I don't support St.Mirren because I'm a glass half-full, easy-going kinda guy?

Or, is it because I disagree with you?

Or, is it cos I haven't jumped on the hysteria Bandwagon, calling for DL to be sacked?

Or, because I know that the BOD will bag DL when they see fit to do it and no amount of abuse or crying for his head will make the slightest bit of difference to them?

Or, Is it because I am a (many years standing) ST owner and shareholder who really supports St.Mirren?

Whats the point in being as pessimistic as you? It must be a real drag, waiting for the inevitable failure to happen, just so you can say "knew it!"

Que Sera Sera

I am shocked that Danny let Imrie, guy , parkin and Carey go without having replacements. It is quite simply ridiculous and having an ageing thommo scrap up front with only bahhoken as back up is very worrying. Danny had all summer and his strategy is crap.

Yup, especially as three of them didn't leave for free. Far too many of his signings end up in the bin, not what a club like us needs. I still, genuinely, don't see why Carey was allowed to leave.

This has a draw written all over it.

Sooooooooo........ I predict:-

1) Score 1-1.

2) Danny will remain manager.

3) JJ McG, Lex, saints0 and a host of other dour faced bastards will whine for another week.

4) Norrie68 will say "I canny see where a win is gonny come frae. I jist pure canny see it" and the rest of us will then realise an 8 match winning sequence is just round the corner.

5) At least one director will go off message again claiming privately that Danny will be sacked in the morning and then within 24 minutes will have changed his mind when he realises it ain't quite so easy as that.

6) And finally, I'll have pizza for dinner after the match.

Edited by oaksoft

1) Score 1-1.

3) JJ McG, Lex, saints0 and a host of other dour faced bastards will whine for another week.

4) Norrie68 will say "I canny see where a win is gonny come frae. I jist pure canny see it" and the rest of us will then realise an 8 match winning sequence is just round the corner.

5) At least one director will go off message again claiming privately that Danny will be sacked in the morning and then within 24 minutes will have changed his mind when he realises it ain't quite so easy as that.

One out of six ain't bad though.lol.gif

1) Score 1-1.

lol.gif

1) Score 1-1.

I'll be having pizza too!

You know fine well what attitude. If the players go into a game expecting defeat (like you) then they will most likely live up to expectations... and it doesn't need a Garden Labourer to work that out chum.

I expected victory in the last 2 games, that didn't exactly go well did it? Surely expecting victory against a team like Well is putting far too much pressure on our players? The Well are a fantastically well run club with a good manager, that's why they finished 2nd last year and 3rd the year before.

Do you expect victories in all games we play? Why do you put so much pressure on our players? Give them a rest ffs, Motherwell have a bigger budget than us - because they play in Europe every year - and will rightly go into this match as firm favourites. If our players can get a point here they will be doing well.

Let's be realistic for a change.

I expected victory in the last 2 games, that didn't exactly go well did it? Surely expecting victory against a team like Well is putting far too much pressure on our players? The Well are a fantastically well run club with a good manager, that's why they finished 2nd last year and 3rd the year before.

Do you expect victories in all games we play? Why do you put so much pressure on our players? Give them a rest ffs, Motherwell have a bigger budget than us - because they play in Europe every year - and will rightly go into this match as firm favourites. If our players can get a point here they will be doing well.

Motherwell is the one team where we have a decent record against

I'd settle for a decent performance.Motherwell are decent side in form. So given where we are, I think we should just be looking for an improvement on our previous performances in the league. How we measure improvement is up for debate.

Points are far more important IMO. If we're half way through the season and well clear of Hearts we can accept (occasionally) good performances with no points.

We've already had the operation went well but the patient died pish from our manager.

Eh...is this Motherwell team the same one I am thinking about that has lost 2 games this season - one less than us? I know they have won 3 games but they are not Barcelona FFS and beatable. If we play to our ability then I see no reason that we cannot beat them. Take McFadyen out of the picture and who else do you fear? Sutton?

Eh...is this Motherwell team the same one I am thinking about that has lost 2 games this season - one less than us? I know they have won 3 games but they are not Barcelona FFS and beatable. If we play to our ability then I see no reason that we cannot beat them. Take McFadyen out of the picture and who else do you fear? Sutton?

Yes, plus their Estonian lad who's scored a couple. Saying they've lost 1 game less than us is pretty misleading when they've played 5 and we've played 4. Losing 2 from 5 is less alarming than losing 3 from 4, I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm all for optimism, but we new to be realistic here. Expecting a win against a well run and well organised team like Motherwell is asking a lot at the best of times, never mind when we are in the situation we are in at the moment.