Feeling Rather Positive Today...................

.....................maybe I've finally gone mad! 1eye.gif

Kilmarnock seem just as bad as us, & Hearts are beginning to show signs of strain with red cards in successive league games.

Two weeks till the next game at home to Motherwell, I'll be there ready to support the team in my customary manner, I've just one request - that Lennon & the players take a vow of silence between now and then.

Hoping other teams are more shite than us. It's Groundhog Day!

Perhaps but it's not as if we're cut off from the pack as yet, anyway that's what league football is about. We had our best spell in the league in the early '80's but more often than not we're going to be at the wrong end of a 10/12 team top division. Many of the people booing at the moment bought into the myth of finishing 8th two seasons ago was a sign of progress, I said at the time it would only one good season and that expecting it to mean more was self-deluding and bound to end in tears. Less Groundhog Day than the inevitable result of being one of the bottom feeders in the league - none of which means that I think Lennon has done a good job since the cup win.

I'd be surprised if Lennon is removed this early in the season, especially as he does not seem to have cut himself off from the BoD, like I said I'll be there for the Motherwell match (perhaps in the away end shutup.gif ) offering my team my own special kind of support. whistling.gif

Lets go straight forward grind a result. Put McGregor or Naismith in and push Goodwin forward, maybe put Mair in at left back and push Granger forward.

A no nonsense 4-4-2

=========Cornell =============

DVZ, =McAusland=McGregor=, Mair,

Teal, =Goodwin = McGowan = Granger

Thommo = Bahoken

We've hardly had a difficult start to the season have we? Killie and Thistle at home, the highland teams away. It could have been alot worse fixture wise. Even still, we have only managed a paltry 1 point from 12.

I agree with the sentiments that Killie are hopeless and Hearts will struggle with their threadbare squad. However, is that a reason to feel positive? That despite how shite we are, there might just be other teams who are equally as shite?

I'd rather be positive about my own team rather than the standard of other teams. Sadly, it's pretty impossible to be positive about our team after the 5 competitive games this season.

We've hardly had a difficult start to the season have we? Killie and Thistle at home, the highland teams away. It could have been alot worse fixture wise. Even still, we have only managed a paltry 1 point from 12.

I agree with the sentiments that Killie are hopeless and Hearts will struggle with their threadbare squad. However, is that a reason to feel positive? That despite how shite we are, there might just be other teams who are equally as shite?

I'd rather be positive about my own team rather than the standard of other teams. Sadly, it's pretty impossible to be positive about our team after the 5 competitive games this season.

League football has always been about how well you're doing compared to other teams - so yes.

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again but I don't expect the BoD to sack the manager at this stage. IMO Lennon will get at least the next four games until we play Hearts just before the next international break - these are the joys of supporting a diddy club. holiday.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

League football has always been about how well you're doing compared to other teams - so yes.

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again but I don't expect the BoD to sack the manager at this stage. IMO Lennon will get at least the next four games until we play Hearts just before the next international break - these are the joys of supporting a diddy club. :holiday

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23724517

"Changing a manager during a crisis in the season does improve the results in the short term," he says. "But this is a misleading statistic because not changing the manager would have had the same result."

Hopefully the boards backing proves the making of Danny and we turn it round. He has two weeks at Ralston to get it sorted for the next game.

Not a lot to feel positive about, I really cant see where our next win is going to come from unless there is a change in management.

Motherwell with Sutton and McFadden are better than a thistle team who really should have pumped us. Can you hand on heart see our team beat Motherwell ? I can't . It is over for Danny I'm afraid the road back from here requires the defeat of Motherwell and Aberdeen at home whilst avoiding defeat at hibs and hearts. Not a hope in hell! I feel v sorry for dan his players have been shambling and that needs addressing however in the league we have been terrible for a long long time now. I think he will be allowed sept and I have said I would give him till oct 5 th v hearts then make the decision. As bad as killie are they have Boyd who will score and they have made it clear they are going to bring in some free agents. We need a centre back but we bring in a right back and play him on the wing? Desperation set in and Danny's targets from may did not arrive. I find it hard to believe the boy from France was the one we were waiting on? It gives us still only two strikers and most others have 4. Look we can chat all day but I would be so sad if our club didn't remain in the top flight. You know days to the capital and playing the best teams in the best parks is the only show in scottish football. Slipping down a league into the championship is not an option. Playing a full strength rangers , losing teale, thommo, and our other good players doesn't bear thinking of. We must keep calm but not leave it too long. I don't want to return to the first div playing Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Hamilton in front of 1200! We need a leader. And if its not Danny I hope the board have one in mind. Please tell me the board want us to stay up cos it is a bit confusing at min eg lack of real investment and no words of direction from the top brass

Edited by norrie82

The feelgood factor has not deserted me.

Everytime i close my eyes and think of St Mirren, various and many highlights of March 17th 2013 come happily to my mind.

One wee yin, from DVD, was Tommy Craig on the Bus, rubbing his hands and saying .,

' Come on boys '

Just gives me a saintly warm feeling that i'm not going to lose for a long time.

I waited over 2 decades for a Cup victory.

Dodgy league performances or relegation will never ruin last March.

Thank you Danny, Tommy and the rest of the Legends

Everytime i close my eyes and think of St Mirren, various and many highlights of March 17th 2013 come happily to my mind.

One wee yin, from DVD, was Tommy Craig on the Bus, rubbing his hands and saying .,

' Come on boys '

Just gives me a saintly warm feeling that i'm not going to lose for a long time.

Apart from that, who do you think our new manager will be? whistling.gif

Thanks B.T.B. for your great opening post.

To some of the rest, i am disappointed at the results we are having, but my underwear remains pish free and there will be no booing of SMFC.

Let's stay behind our glorious Club.

' Come on boys '

We won the cup and it was great but we are a premier league team who doesn't win league games. If you want to look back good for you but all great clubs look forward. I love the saints and march is and was a great day but it is gone for me now and I am looking to the future . We can have a positive future but I think that will only come when we see a change in our management. Yesterday we were battered by thistle and I think Danny and tommy great as they were looked confused and ultimately beaten yesterday. The fans turned out and I thought backed the team really well. This team was hurting and had been all week they were desperate to make amends but they never. Shull Newton wide right, harkins floating around , McLean at left mid? Even the new lad in from the start it was shambolic and smacked of a desperate man. It is sad shill and I like you will remember our team bringing the cup home but tomorrow when you look forward it needs to be http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/36910-left-back/page-10 hope and that is what keeps us coming back hope. Sadly I think the managers time is up as with him I don't have that feeling of hope anymore. Edited by norrie82

Don't you get the feeling though that that's always the objective each season? How little can we spend to be shite but one to maintain SPL status.

This year we need to be shit, but 2 and to date it looks like it may have been misjudged. I think that's the target and what we budget for. The cup win last year was pure magic, a total bonus, but little surprises in the league.

Edited by Jumbo Whiffy

Perhaps but it's not as if we're cut off from the pack as yet, anyway that's what league football is about. We had our best spell in the league in the early '80's but more often than not we're going to be at the wrong end of a 10/12 team top division. Many of the people booing at the moment bought into the myth of finishing 8th two seasons ago was a sign of progress, I said at the time it would only one good season and that expecting it to mean more was self-deluding and bound to end in tears. Less Groundhog Day than the inevitable result of being one of the bottom feeders in the league - none of which means that I think Lennon has done a good job since the cup win.

I'd be surprised if Lennon is removed this early in the season, especially as he does not seem to have cut himself off from the BoD, like I said I'll be there for the Motherwell match (perhaps in the away end shutup.gif ) offering my team my own special kind of support. whistling.gif

Kind of dumbfounded by the confidence many have that DL will be off. As much as he should be put out his misery, to preserve his CV as much as our SP(F)L lives, there is one factor people forget. The BoD, and SG in particular, are a bunch of pussies. And as such will not have the baws to take the action required. I would put some of my hard earned cash on status quo come Well at home in 2 weeks...thumbdown.gif

Wish I shared the optimism unfortunately having attended all games so far to me we have the look of a team that will be relegation on a positive note two weeks should be enough time for Danny and Tommy to evaluate where the problem lies. We have some very good players but the system is just not working o n it's current form. Danny changed things around on Saturday and must wonder how its all gone wrong McGregor should be tried out in bounce games at centre back during this lay off. Sit down at a table with Lee Mair and sort out whatever the bloody problem is , at the end of the day he is picking up a wage so sort it for the good of the club a few good results and all will be good again however I feel there is a bigger underlying problem we live and hope that maybe it's just confidence that's the problem

Are there fans at other clubs who hope their teams are 'more shite' than the opposition?

I wouldn't imagine many fans would hope their team is more shite than the opposition, no. I am talking about hoping the opposition helps out when your own team is having a shite season by being even more shite than you.

I don't think we are unique, it will happen at any other club where you have one eye over your shoulder most seasons to get some comfort from seeing a Gretna, Dunfermline or Dundee below you, being worse than you. So yes, pretty sure fans of many other clubs hope a rival has a truly honking season to help make things look a bit better.

Edited by pozbaird

I think yesterday the problem was not effort, or tactics, or formation, or ability, it was down to confidence. That lack of confidence that led to Gowser and Tommo passing it backward and forward in front of goal instead of shooting, The lack of confidence that makes a centre half look to check where his fullbacks are before committing to a tackle and the lack of confidence that leads to players hesitating before they make a run to support.

More than anything that is what Danny needs to get back in the team. Remember this is the practically the same side that won the league cup last year. A side that comprehensively beat Celtic in the semi final, were held to a draw against the same multi million pound team in the league and lost narrowly to them in the Scottish cup QF. There is no doubt this is a good squad capable of playing good great football. They just need to recapture the form they had before.

As Bill Shankly said Form is Temporary, Class is permanent ,Time to stand up and show your class Danny and the rest of you boys.