The Cup Final Revisited

Dont know if his has been mentioned previously but, on sunday 22nd September, there is an event in the corporate Lounge at St.Mirren Park to celebrate and remember our historic League Cup Final victory with the players and management who made it all possible. It will will involve playing highlights of the semi final win against Celtic and the euphoria of the Cup Final win against Hearts (from 8pm) with photo opportunities with the players and the Cup. The price for the evening will be £15 per person which includes a cold sandwich buffet .The bar will be open and this will mean the evening is only available for adults over 18 to attend, due to licensing laws.

Info here-http://www.supportsmfc.co.uk/

Edited by Bearsden buddie

2 negative posts already.

St Mirren supporters ...

Wasn't being negative Shull - it was one of the greatest days in my life to be beside my son and him being the fourth generation of my family to see the Buds winning a cup final. I was just saying it was a strange thing to be doing at this point......

Nothing wrong with commemorating a historic first-ever League Cup win. Just a shame the commemorative publication that would have featured interviews and photos of all the goalscorers in the cup run before they were scattered to the winds forever didn't happen. Shame really, as all the work would have been done for the club without them having to do diddly squat. Well, apart from actually bothering to set up the interviews and photos that is.

Never mind.

I would have expected Shull to mention this but he has not I shall (or I shull).

Is £15 not a bit expensive considering the costs to put on such a night are presumably rather low? Especially if one is only being fed a sandwich buffet!

Why would you not charge £10 and give people (if its going to be over 18's) a pie and a pint? For goodness sake it would only cost about £5 for the pie and pint (probably less) and a handsome £5 profit would be made from each attendee. Not to mention that with increased numbers (due to a lower price)you would be likely to make more money from raffle tickets and at the bar. If I were to attend this night I would have to bring my wife and for the princely sum of £30 we only get a sandwich!

I already own a season ticket and I am attending a golf day. Are you people trying to get my entire months pension?

For the sum of £30 I can take my good lady to a restaurant, have a proper feed and then watch the cup final dvd in my own home. I say this with some authority as that is exactly what I did on Friday. I also had a pint as well for my money!

As much as I do my utmost to support the club (I am really looking forward to Friday at the golf day) I think you are beginning to ask a little too much.

Unfortunately I am not made of money so with regret I will not be attending.

PS Wish you all the best with it.

Thanks to Bearsden Buddie for starting this thread. Appreciate the timing might not be ideal given the team's current travails but this event has been in the planning for quite a while now. We're hoping it's going to be a great night and a fantastic way to remember what was a special day in the club's history.

We'll be showing highlights from both the semi and the final, there will be a Q&A with many of the squad from that day who will take your questions about their cup run memories, plus there will be another 30 mins or so unseen behind-the-scenes footage from the cup final day that didn't make it on to the DVD. We'd all like results to be better just now but that's no reason not to celebrate and relive those magical moments from March 17. If anything it should be a cathartic evening ;)

Never really understand why people criticise initiatives like this.

If you don't think it will be good, or you don't think it's good value, then don't go. Simples !

because its a ridiculous time to have it and its a total rip off...if u have a family of four going it will cost £60 for a cake and dvd...people need to speak up when things are wrong...

Never really understand why people criticise initiatives like this.

If you don't think it will be good, or you don't think it's good value, then don't go. Simples !

Simply stating an opinion Div.

I won't be going. The very idea of it makes my toes curl, to be honest, but each to their own.

A mere 6 months on from the cup win, our piss-poor recent form including bombing out of the same competition, and the current uncertainty surrounding the manager's tenure all suggest to me that this is an ill-conceived event, but, as I say, each to their own.

BTW, any update on when the 'we didn't get relegated in season 2012/2013' party is taking place?

ETA: on reflection, this post is unduly critical. Probably symptomatic of the current malaise surrounding the club just now, but no justification for me pissing on anyone else's chips. Apologies for that.

I hope it is a success, and that everyone who goes along has a great night.

Edited by Drew