The Cup Final Revisited

ame="gazmc83" post="1112886" timestamp="1379945373"]

Has it never crossed your mind that the boys not good enough for top flight football?

Family friend so he must be a brilliant player!!

I never said he was a brilliant player but I think the boy deserved to be treated a little more fairly , the way he was treated was a disgrace , and that's a fact

I kind of sympathise with Robertson a bit but that issue probably should have a different thread of its own. I know, as Bud The Baker has pointed out before, that threads can move in different directions now and then and that can be a good thing sometimes but this thread is supposed to be one of the more "positive" threads at the moment but it's turning into another "we all hate Danny" thread which there have been loads of lately.

As I said, I have nothing against Jon and would be happy to discuss him but is a thread started by someone trying to post good, positive stuff about the club the place to do it?

Apologies if the thread took a differen course due to my point but I was just pointing out that Danny is by no means the good guy that many blinkered fans think, a lot of issues behind the scenes that he has caused , but happy to leave it there

A weeks wages for McGowan or thereabouts !

Not for players wages, Its fans council money to help fund different projects at the club, like youth teams and the dome, they've raised money for that in the past, It wasn't a night organised to have a go at the management, That's for a another time, These are just fellow fans trying to help out the club, So I think your being a wee bit harsh on them, Im not a big Lennon we all know, But theres a time and a place and last night wasn't the time mate

Apologies if the thread took a differen course due to my point but I was just pointing out that Danny is by no means the good guy that many blinkered fans think, a lot of issues behind the scenes that he has caused , but happy to leave it there

If you've got a gripe about how Robbo was treated fair enough, but start your own thread and moan about it all you want, When Robbo had chances he hardly set the heather on fire, But I wish him all the best of luck in his career.

Dont know if his has been mentioned previously but, on sunday 22nd September, there is an event in the corporate Lounge at St.Mirren Park to celebrate and remember our historic League Cup Final victory with the players and management who made it all possible. It will will involve playing highlights of the semi final win against Celtic and the euphoria of the Cup Final win against Hearts (from 8pm) with photo opportunities with the players and the Cup. The price for the evening will be £15 per person which includes a cold sandwich buffet .The bar will be open and this will mean the evening is only available for adults over 18 to attend, due to licensing laws.

Info here-http://www.supportsmfc.co.uk/

I cannot believe this went ahead

If you've got a gripe about how Robbo was treated fair enough, but start your own thread and moan about it all you want, When Robbo had chances he hardly set the heather on fire, But I wish him all the best of luck in his career.

It was in response to someone saying how a good guy he was which I know for a fact he isn't I was just using john as an example , r u not the same guy who has been tweeting for the last few months that U want the guy sacked ???

It was indeed a cracking night enjoyed by everyone who attended. We raised a decent amount of cash to put back into the club we all love, but for some they just can't resist spoiling what is a damn good thread with more Danny bashing, ffs put all that stuff into the correct thread and leave this one for what it was meant.

Edited by class of 76-77

Why

3k is 3k but if anything the club should be paying us back. It just stinks mate...we are in a bad way and really need to move on. The time to reflect on the cup win is in a few years time not later in the same year, in the midst of our worst league start for years and shortly after going out of the cup to lower league opponents

3k is 3k but if anything the club should be paying us back. It just stinks mate...we are in a bad way and really need to move on. The time to reflect on the cup win is in a few years time not later in the same year, in the midst of our worst league start for years and shortly after going out of the cup to lower league opponents

Your missing the part that this was organised by fans for fans. All the club did was let us use the hospitality suite and the players, Lennon and Craig came of their own volition.

A great night was had by all and it has got nothing to do with whatever state we are currently in. What should we do, mope around constantly 'cause we've lost a few games? There will be enough pressure on everyone next Monday, particularly if Hearts and Killie get results at the weekend so having a wee night off was a good thing IMO.

Add to that I'm 44 and have only seen us win 2 national trophies so I might just reflect on 17th March 2013 whenever it suits me if it's all the same to you?

Your missing the part that this was organised by fans for fans. All the club did was let us use the hospitality suite and the players, Lennon and Craig came of their own volition.

A great night was had by all and it has got nothing to do with whatever state we are currently in. What should we do, mope around constantly 'cause we've lost a few games? There will be enough pressure on everyone next Monday, particularly if Hearts and Killie get results at the weekend so having a wee night off was a good thing IMO.

Add to that I'm 44 and have only seen us win 2 national trophies so I might just reflect on 17th March 2013 whenever it suits me if it's all the same to you?

absolutely old fella

Great post. Sums last night up perfectly. Despite having to stay off the beer due to a rampant hangover, I really, really enjoyed the evening.

I have nothing but praise for the organisers, the players and most definitely, Danny and Tommy. It would have been very easy for them to stay away, but they didn't.

Reckon we could organise an "87 Revisited" night?

Allegedly Lee Mair didn't get an invite. I find this hard to believe but what someone said last night. Unused sub Kenny McLean also wasn't there.

Don't know if theres any truth to that but its a bit harsh if it was the only the guys who started the final who got an invite, it takes more than one game to win a trophy and Mair and Mclean both scored important goals in earlier rounds.

Anyone coming on to this thread to whinge about something not connected to the night in question, or indeed spread crap about who was invited, or indicate they have inside knowledge etc, etc.... is and should for ever more be treated as a feckin Morton fan infesting our site....

We won that cup, those players won it, the fans deserved it and who else is going to slap our backs for us if we don't make the effort to recognise our own achievements, even when things aren't going well.

Big Up the fans council..!