Thank You Mr Bmw Driver

HSS

I was trying to turn right out of Kerr St in busy traffic 10 mins ago.A car coming from the right let me out so I edged forward but a BMW coming from my left refused to let me in to the flow of the traffic and gave me a nasty stare for even attempting the manouver.The BMW kept going and stopped on the yellow box below the wee,low railway bridge.How I laughed when 2 Polis stepped out on to the road,stopped the rest of the traffic and pulled him in.If only he'd let me out he'd have saved £60 and 3 points.

Cheers mate,you've made my day. :)

Edited by HSS

It's only £30 and no points for a box junction from memory (unless they've upped it)

Plus the box junction at Underwood Road isn't likely to be enforceable they'll give him a ticking off.

Why would the Underwood Rd box not be enforceable?

I drove back that way for a point and laugh moment and it certainly looked like he was being booked.

I drove back that way for a point and laugh moment and it certainly looked like he was being booked.

The one at the railway bridge?

The markings aren't kerb to kerb to start with so this alone would make mean it's not enforceable.

Also needs to be 2 or more roads at the junction.

This should be marked with white paint and keep clear or on coming vehicles have priority road signs.

Edit to add- read original post properly, railway bridge box junction would be thrown out on appeal for reasons above.

Hope he's no aware enough to know this though after being a knob end.

Edited by davidg

I was trying to turn right out of Kerr St in busy traffic 10 mins ago.A car coming from the right let me out so I edged forward but a BMW coming from my left refused to let me in to the flow of the traffic and gave me a nasty stare for even attempting the manouver.The BMW kept going and stopped on the yellow box below the wee,low railway bridge.How I laughed when 2 Polis stepped out on to the road,stopped the rest of the traffic and pulled him in.If only he'd let me out he'd have saved £60 and 3 points.

Cheers mate,you've made my day. :)

Get it round him!:D

The markings aren't kerb to kerb to start with so this alone would make mean it's not enforceable.

This should be marked with white paint and keep clear.

Edit to add- read original post properly, railway bridge box junction would be thrown out on appeal for reasons above.

Hope he's no clever enough to know this though after being a knob end.

I beleive it is yellow boxed as it is only big enough for 1 vehicle space to pass under the bridge i.e trucks and what not.

This should be marked with white paint and keep clear or on coming vehicles have priority road signs.

Hope he's no aware enough to know this though after being a knob end.

Correct. I understand why they did it and it make sense, as white markings or keep clear would be ignored. However you can't legally enforce it unless they have been granted special authorisation by Transport Scotland.

It may have been granted special status as the whole point of not blocking the area concerned is it allow taller vehicles passing through an opportunity to get underneath with the most clearance.

I hope the booking stands and he has not right to an appeal.

Even if it was granted special status for a box junction it's not enforceable as it's not correctly marked out.

I'm sure the same would apply to the box junction at the bottom of Greenhill Road at this sorting office.

Edited by davidg

Same goes for the no right turn coming out of McDonalds ( near, but not in Linwood).

Looks ropey but again I've seen things like that actually being legal!

Even if it was granted special status for a box junction it's not enforceable as it's not correctly marked out.

I'm sure the same would apply to the box junction at the bottom of Greenhill Road at this sorting office.

Nah I've you've got special auth you're good to go and issue fines to drivers. Most won't know anyway- whilst it's easier to get off if it has been decriminalised the police giving you a ticket and you ending up arguing in court is maybe wasting more than £50 notes.

Very difficult to actually get a legal box junction on a road network designed centuries ago. If I worked for the council I'd be applying for special authorisation all the time till they changed things a bit. I actually don't like box junctions- think they are ugly.

So if I appeal, I'll win?

Thanks for the info guys!!

Yours

The BMW driver

Just kiddin, I HATE they b'stards. It was probably Oaksoft....

In a BMW or any other "look at the length of my cock" car?

You must be joking!

People who buy anything which screams "my bank account is LOADED" whether true or not (usually not - the car is probably on HP) tend to be complete cocks so it's not surprising to find drivers of cars like that behaving like bellends.

Sweeping generalisations allied with crude cliches have never been your strong point.

I'm guessing that as well as Ms Oaksoft going out last night, that the washing also got wet before you could bring it in.

Bummer. I feel for you. smile.png

A lifetime of experience.

I've never met a decent bloke who drove a "cock" car.

I've never met one who could drive it properly either.