Glasgow Tops Uk Workless Homes Survey

Stuart Dickson

Have you checked out the percentage of Sweedish jobs which are government positions possibly the highest percentage in europe at over 33% yet you hold up sweeden as a model for us!

I only hold up the choice that the Swedish government offer parents in their childrens education as an example to us all. I could maybe be persuaded to add in their beautiful ladies and their many saunas as an example to but there isn't much else of Sweden I would extol. Swedish exam results improved when they allowed parents to opt out of state education to instead get a voucher that allowed them to send their kids to private schools. I'd like to see us go one further and simply hand out the money used for Welfare, Education and Health back to each UK resident UK citizen.

Reynard has said it before and I totally agree with him. Governments and politicians are shit at everything they do. Wherever possible we should be reducing their influence over the population and we should be reducing the number of politicians v head of population. I mean can anyone really look at the likes of Eric Pickles, Ed Milliband, Ed Balls, Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon walked in as new bosses at your company would you feel your future was secure?

Guest TPAFKATS

I mean can anyone really look at the likes of Eric Pickles, Ed Milliband, Ed Balls, Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon walked in as new bosses at your company would you feel your future was secure?

No mention of cameron or osborne? I'd probably feel safer with eric pickles in charge than those 2 ohmy.png

Guest TPAFKATS

Dunno where you've been Wilbur but the Conservatives haven't been in power at all. The coalition has been in power since the 11th May 2010. What you can't deny is that the rate of deterioration in Glasgow has been impressive over the last six years. Six years ago Glasgow was seen as a call centre powerhouse to compete with Mumbai yet under SNP rule the city has lost even those low paid jobs.

Welfare is not a devolved matter

Glasgow is still under labour f**kwittery

The latest figures continued to show the Scottish unemployment rate is falling quicker than the UK rate

Your rants are getting more desperate and easier to shoot holes in than fish in a barrel

Yes you did. You said we should compete on wages with China.

You said that repeatedly on another thread.

So unless you think Chinese workers get paid £7 per hour.............

As for the uni thing you might have had a case if you hadn't chosen to illustrate your point by picking two examples of people who DON'T pay for others to go to uni.

As for English students paying for their tuition fees by taking out loans. You know that almost half of students never repay the fees don't you?

Most fees will be written off meaning the English tax payer is STILL largely having to fund tuition fees for students.

To understand that it's best not to think of it as a loan because there's no obligation to pay it off.

It's essentially a graduate tax for 30 years. I thought you were against taxing people?

It's not really mental gymnatics here Oaksoft. I'm advocating a system where we scrap taxpayer funded Education, Health and Welfare and split the total budget equally between qualifying UK Resident UK Citizens. There's no need for student loans or grants if everyone controls their own budget. Someone wanting to go to University would be expected to pay their own way as an investment in their future using their UK Resident UK Dividend - if necessary as an income to borrow against if they need to top up their contribution.

The only way I could see a moral justification for asking those who haven't been to university to contribute towards an individuals university education would be if the person was being sponsored into employment within one of the essential government run departments - like the military for example - where they would be expected to work for a minimum of 10 years or else refund the taxpayer in full, plus a penalty charge.

And back to the manufacturing example - Oaksoft - I didn't say our workers should be working for 40p an hour anywhere. What I did say was that we had to either compete with the value they offer, or make the case for charging a premium. We should certainly be able to compete price wise on the manufacture of essential daily items.

Welfare is not a devolved matter

Glasgow is still under labour f**kwittery

The latest figures continued to show the Scottish unemployment rate is falling quicker than the UK rate

Your rants are getting more desperate and easier to shoot holes in than fish in a barrel

Erm no it isn't. Scotland was the only region in the UK where unemployment rose in the three months prior to May 2013. Scotlands jobless figure rose by 8,000 while in the rest of the UK it fell by 57,000.

What was that about fishing in a barrel?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Any individual going into university should be expected to meet the cost themselves. After all it's their future, and their career that they are investing in. 

I hope the next doctor treating you remembers that and treats you accordingly.

And back to the manufacturing example - Oaksoft - I didn't say our workers should be working for 40p an hour anywhere. What I did say was that we had to either compete with the value they offer, or make the case for charging a premium. We should certainly be able to compete price wise on the manufacture of essential daily items.

blink.png Even for you that is pretty shamefaced. That is what I was advocating and you spent an entire thread arguing against it - saying we should compete on cost.

Now you're claiming the premium idea as your own???

We can only compete by innovating and creating new stuff. We can NEVER compete on cost because that could only happen if we paid people here 40p an hour.

As I've repeatedly said, this is the reason people don't like discussing stuff with you.

Salmonbuddie has already dealt with your moral case. Rather than repeating him or trying to steal his ideas and present them as my own I'll leave his comment to stand on its own. Of course he mentions doctors - no doubt you'll come back and say "aye but what about history and law graduates" at which point we'll all stop talking to you again.

:blink: Even for you that is pretty shamefaced. That is what I was advocating and you spent an entire thread arguing against it - saying we should compete on cost.

................at which point we'll all stop talking to you again.

You are depressingly slow on the uptake.

He has always trolled and seldom contributes anything that he means to be worthwhile.

For your own well-being, such a drain of energy should be IGNORED.

Look at the figure. Unemployment in Scotland in your article only fell by 1,000. On the back of a large rise in the previous 3 months in my article. The UK had a fall of 4,000 on top of a fall in the previous three months. You shouldn't buy Natsi Spin. Alex Geobbels cannot be trusted. :rolleyes:

blink.png Even for you that is pretty shamefaced. That is what I was advocating and you spent an entire thread arguing against it - saying we should compete on cost.

We can only compete by innovating and creating new stuff. We can NEVER compete on cost because that could only happen if we paid people here 40p an hour.

As I've repeatedly said, this is the reason people don't like discussing stuff with you.

Salmonbuddie has already dealt with your moral case. Rather than repeating him or trying to steal his ideas and present them as my own I'll leave his comment to stand on its own. Of course he mentions doctors - no doubt you'll come back and say "aye but what about history and law graduates" at which point we'll all stop talking to you again.

Doctors are investing in their own careers. Ofcourse they are. The £100,000 per annum salary they claim is hardly a benevolent act of mercy.....You and Salmonbuddie are just f**king stupid. :rolleyes:

There's no requirement to raise taxation. All of what I have proposed is in the current taxation system. We are simply copying the process of allowing citizens to chose how they spend their personal allowance for their childs education - rather than forcing them to accept a place in a local inefficient and poorly run state school.

And the safety net would exist under the carrot and stick principle. To be regarded as a UK resident UK citizen you would have to comply with certain terms and conditions - one of which being that you be "a citizen". To do that you would have to be law abiding and you would have to ensure that any children that you have be adequately provided for. Failure to do that would see the parent lose their dividend, while the childs dividend payment would then be managed on their behalf either by another close relative, or by someone who could take guardianship on behalf of the child - ie a Foster Parent.

See what I think you might not be grasping is that each individual would be entitled to the payment which using current figures would come out at a minimum of £6.300 per annum. This assumes that the total population of the UK would be entitled to receive a UK Resident UK Citizen Dividend payment. However in reality the figure is likely to be higher. This is because someone who loses entitlement would then have their funds re-assimilated back into the pot which would then be used to increase the payments made to those who remain entitled. You could lose your entitlement by failing to adequately provide for your child, or it could be a sanction used by a court to punish someone who has broken the law. Certainly someone who is in jail would lose their entitlement to their payment either for life, or for a period deemed adequate enough by a judge to cover the cost of their time in the penal system.

If you want to take the idea further then rather than pay the dividend in cash, perhaps it could be paid out - as is the case in Sweden - in vouchers. Those vouchers would be used to purchase private education for your children, private healthcare insurance for your children, and you could lock down the remain amount of money so that it can only be spent on UK manufactured products or services - there by giving our industry a huge boost increasing the number of jobs available - particularly in the manufacturing sector - and with the removal of any incentive for people to stay out of work we could hopefully move to a situation again of full employment.

Is there no consideration for the amount of job losses that would possibly follow the privatisation of all the schools and hospitals .

Guest TPAFKATS

Erm no it isn't. Scotland was the only region in the UK where unemployment rose in the three months prior to May 2013. Scotlands jobless figure rose by 8,000 while in the rest of the UK it fell by 57,000.

What was that about fishing in a barrel?

Cheers salmonbuddie - its really too simple for him though...

Look at the figure. Unemployment in Scotland in your article only fell by 1,000. On the back of a large rise in the previous 3 months in my article. The UK had a fall of 4,000 on top of a fall in the previous three months. You shouldn't buy Natsi Spin. Alex Geobbels cannot be trusted. rolleyes.gif

So your admitting that unemployment fell in Scotland and then bragging that it fell by 4 times as much in the uk overall. What you either ignore or dont realise is that the uk has 10 or 11 times the population of scotland so the Scottish figure is higher as a percentage of the population.

Have you considered offering your services to the tory party as a spin doctor - you couldnt do any worse that the twat who wrote, sorry stole dave's "great wee island" speech from Hugh Grant...

TS certainly is stupid. Over the last six months unemployment has risen by 7000 in Scotland while falling by 61000 across the rest of the UK. That's not spin, it's hard fact. You'd need to be a real dafty to buy the line Salmonbuddie punted that Scotland is out performing the rest of the UK on the jobs front.

TS certainly is stupid. Over the last six months unemployment has risen by 7000 in Scotland while falling by 61000 across the rest of the UK. That's not spin, it's hard fact. You'd need to be a real dafty to buy the line Salmonbuddie punted that Scotland is out performing the rest of the UK on the jobs front.

It appears Osbourne has bought into itlol.gif

You are depressingly slow on the uptake.

He has always trolled and seldom contributes anything that he means to be worthwhile.

For your own well-being, such a drain of energy should be IGNORED.

With respect bluto I don't need anyone telling me what to do. I appreciate your concern though.

As for ignoring people? I have nobody on ignore now. If I'm going to ignore people on here I may as well pack it all in.

Having said ALL of that, according to Dickyboy I'm thick so what do I know.

It's not often you hear a pipefitter saying that to anyone whilst keeping a straight face.

Edited by oaksoft

Sometimes you've got to learn when yer teas oot.

Latest jobless figures

Scotland - unemployment has risen by 10,000

UK - unemployment has fallen by 24,000 and Jobseekers Allowance claimants have fallen to it's lowest point since 2009.

Could Oaksoft and Salmonbuddie's credibility be any lower?

Will they apologise for being utter fannies? Will Oaksoft admit his "tea is oot"

Can the Natsi's ever be trusted again?

Better together - and you know it!

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I took DICKson off of ignore to read this one but he is coming out with exactly the same boring old patter that he spewed at the start of the year and caused me to put him on ignore in the first place. Hopefully nobody gets him started on "The dividend". Back on ignore for you DICKo.

Edited by SergioTacchiniGuy