Techy Question

Vambo57

Try the mobile theme through Change theme at the bottom of the forum, should display mostly as text in Internet Explorer.

Nae good mate. A bit Blue, still shows graphics and - most unhelpful of all - I don't have a touch screen, so navigation is a nightmare.

Cheers fur the suggestion though.

• 3 weeks later...

The numbers on my laptop, except the 5 and 6 are not working.

Also the down and right buttons.

Can't be a hardware problem, tried removing some but nothing lurking there.

Tried a couple of software fixes, they don't fix it.

I've also tried swearing at it, disnae work.

Any ideas?

Edited by faraway saint

Bump?

If your numbers are all along the top , they will have more than 1 function ie; brightness / volume / refresh etc which will work in conjunction with another button eg;

If you look on your laptop for the FN (function button) press it and at same time press number 3 or 4 which on mine is volume /down up or numbers 5/6 brightness - the numbers with more than 1 function as you know will have a wee picture on them to show what else they do but of course only work while holding the FN ( function ) button at same time - try that then you know if the keys are working or not.

If you have a seperate number block on the right where your numbers are grouped like on a calculator then loom for the NUM LOCK button press it once then try using numbers

That's a couple of options. :)

If your numbers are all along the top , they will have more than 1 function ie; brightness / volume / refresh etc which will work in conjunction with another button eg;

If you look on your laptop for the FN (function button) press it and at same time press number 3 or 4 which on mine is volume /down up or numbers 5/6 brightness - the numbers with more than 1 function as you know will have a wee picture on them to show what else they do but of course only work while holding the FN ( function ) button at same time - try that then you know if the keys are working or not.

If you have a seperate number block on the right where your numbers are grouped like on a calculator then loom for the NUM LOCK button press it once then try using numbers

That's a couple of options. smile.png

The numbers are below the second top set, they double up on 5/% and 6/^ etc.

That's the only two that work.

My top set are the f functions and can change volume, brightness etc.

I'm looking to change all my passwords to a combination of 5 and 6. lol.gif

PS Thanks for the help.

Edited by faraway saint

Windows 8, big pile of pish, seems very unstable, keeps jumping from page to page, even typing this its jumped 3 times, anybody else having problems?

Windows 8 is actually very good using a touch screen monitor.

ETA...This is what it's designed for.

Edited by dmc