Techy Question

Vambo57

Btw, faraway....?

I know that windows 8 can be a bit of a bugger to adjust/adapt/reconcile yourself to...

(Especially without a touchscreen)

Perseverance is necessary...

Or ... Get 8.1 when it comes out in a week or so and look at reviews such as this for ways to make it easier on yersel...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/23/windows-8-1-review-start-problems

Btw, faraway....?

I know that windows 8 can be a bit of a bugger to adjust/adapt/reconcile yourself to...

(Especially without a touchscreen)

Perseverance is necessary...

Or ... Get 8.1 when it comes out in a week or so and look at reviews such as this for ways to make it easier on yersel...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/23/windows-8-1-review-start-problems

Aye, I think sticking with it is what I'll have to do.

Cheers, I'll look over the review, plenty of time to kill.

Jeezus, jinxed right now..

Every time I close the laptop then open it up it freezes, had to resort to power off/on trick which then goes through a configuration process every time, taking 10-15 minutes.

Phoned the company who supplied it, getting back to me within 24 hours.

Also the pointer moves on it's own at times, got a feeling this laptop is going back. thumbdown.gif

Anybuddie know where I can buy Philips low-energy light bulbs in Paisley/Glasgow area?

I bought a couple of small bedside lamps and its only Philips bulbs that will fit them. I can get them ion ebay, but thought to give a local shop my custom.

New laptop to arrive tomorrow although the company, Buy It Direct, we're shite, needed considerable pushing to do anything, never heard of communication, becoming a common trait I'm afraid with many companies.

To be honest, buying online is always a bit hit & miss in my experience. Usually cheaper, granted, but always find wee hidden pitfalls!

Give me a local trader any day!!!