Free Entry At Friendlies !

shull

The Dons would therefore have lost money wrt security, lighting cleaning etc....

Why'd they do that? I'd have expected a minimal token entry figure...

ETA: It's also screwing up my fixed stereotypical tight-fisted Aberdonian image.

Next we'll be hearing of free hurls in shull's taxi....

Edited by bluto

The Dons would therefore have lost money wrt security, lighting cleaning etc....

ETA: It's also screwing up my fixed stereotypical tight-fisted Aberdonian image.

It's sponsored by some oil company and played every year. I'd imagine the fee they pay for all the associated advertising, and corporate hospitality etc would more than cover the Dons match day expenses.

Edited by Lex

Why? The ten thousand who galloped in, (sheep in handwhistling.gif ), for the freebie simply serves to prove the age old adage!

Edited by stlucifer

Well done Aberdeen !

I didnae know about this until i read Tam Cowan in the Record.

Dons v Viking Stavangar

Free Admission

Crowd - 10000

About time there wisnae a charge for these training sessions.

Aye but don't forget it's Aberdeeen we're talking about here. It may have been free entry, but it was £20 to get back out! wink.png

I travelled with a colleague who supports Hereford United to watch them play at Gateshead yesterday. It wasn't a bad game of football in a tidy little ground. What impressed me was their attempt to get fans to the game. They were offering a reduced price for any Newcastle United or Sunderland fans who attended the match and that boosted the attendance. Maybe this is something that our local junior sides could try to boost their attendances on days when Saints aren't playing, or are playing further from home?