St Mirren Red Away Top

JulieM

This is the final year of the JD deal. The person who brokered the deal with JD is no longer involved at the club in any capacity. AWP is back doing the merchandise, but the JD deal doesn't allow for kits to be sold in the club shop. This is purely my opinion with zero inside info, but given these circumstances, I'd be surprised if JD are invited to carry on doing the kits again. For the life of me, I simply cannot come to terms with any kit deal that doesn't see kits sold at a club shop on match days. A lot about the JD deal has been good, but still, I think it is a nonsense that there were no kits in the stadium shop.

Maybe my hunch is wrong. Maybe AWP doesn't need the hassle, maybe his margins in selling replica kit are so small that he'd rather let JD crack on, and he carries on doing everything bar playing kit. I'm not convinced though. If it was me, I'd want fans in my shop to buy kit, not see them going into JD stores. JD want the footfall, thinking fans will also buy other gear. Why wouldn't AWP also want this? Fans pouring into his shop - buying kit and maybe a scarf and air freshener for the car, golf shirts, whatever - while they're in.

Interesting to see what transpires. If JD want to strike a new deal, who is their primary point of contact now REA is no longer commercial director? Who is now responsible for either sticking with JD or negotiating a new deal with a different manufacturer? The entire BoD? Campbell? AWP? Brian Caldwell?

My money is on JD being punted, and a 'Hummel standard' new manufacturer coming in. Maybe Puma - I believe they came close to getting the gig before. Dundee United-style 'knock off Nike' or Aberdeen-style 'Adidas by Glesga' Barras' - maybe.

I will stick my neck out and guarantee one thing. If JD are replaced by A.N. Other - fans will still complain. The nature of the complaints will change though. The complaints will change from 'stock issue' complaints, to complaints that the fabric is ultra-thin el' cheapo' crap, and that St Mirren's new kit is the same as Grimsby's, Pollok's, Elgin's or some lower league or non-league English diddies. You can bookmark this too!

The new kits have moisture control etc and nearly all players wear under armour/trusox/skins etc.

If AWP is back in partnership with the club after the JD deal we'll have puma as a manufacturer. Maybe underarmour but more than likely puma, all clubs they deal with (well/Dundee etc) have this manufacturer. Would be happy with that.

Would love to have an Under Armour kit. I have the spurs home top from last season, and the quality of it is brilliant. Regularly play football in it, and thus have to wash it a lot, and there has been no problem with colours running, printing and sponsors coming off or any pulls on it. Best quality top I have ever owned - a massive improvement on the season before's puma effort - which was shocking - went grey, pulls all over it etc. Would rather stick with JD than Puma!

This is the final year of the JD deal. The person who brokered the deal with JD is no longer involved at the club in any capacity. AWP is back doing the merchandise, but the JD deal doesn't allow for kits to be sold in the club shop. This is purely my opinion with zero inside info, but given these circumstances, I'd be surprised if JD are invited to carry on doing the kits again. For the life of me, I simply cannot come to terms with any kit deal that doesn't see kits sold at a club shop on match days. A lot about the JD deal has been good, but still, I think it is a nonsense that there were no kits in the stadium shop.

Maybe my hunch is wrong. Maybe AWP doesn't need the hassle, maybe his margins in selling replica kit are so small that he'd rather let JD crack on, and he carries on doing everything bar playing kit. I'm not convinced though. If it was me, I'd want fans in my shop to buy kit, not see them going into JD stores. JD want the footfall, thinking fans will also buy other gear. Why wouldn't AWP also want this? Fans pouring into his shop - buying kit and maybe a scarf and air freshener for the car, golf shirts, whatever - while they're in.

Interesting to see what transpires. If JD want to strike a new deal, who is their primary point of contact now REA is no longer commercial director? Who is now responsible for either sticking with JD or negotiating a new deal with a different manufacturer? The entire BoD? Campbell? AWP? Brian Caldwell?

My money is on JD being punted, and a 'Hummel standard' new manufacturer coming in. Maybe Puma - I believe they came close to getting the gig before. Dundee United-style 'knock off Nike' or Aberdeen-style 'Adidas by Glesga' Barras' - maybe.

I will stick my neck out and guarantee one thing. If JD are replaced by A.N. Other - fans will still complain. The nature of the complaints will change though. The complaints will change from 'stock issue' complaints, to complaints that the fabric is ultra-thin el' cheapo' crap, and that St Mirren's new kit is the same as Grimsby's, Pollok's, Elgin's or some lower league or non-league English diddies. You can bookmark this too!

The Scotland gear is out of a catalogue and its smashing. Fact is that Aberdeen have Adidas now it's most likely out a catelogue but it will still be made to the companies specifications and I would be willing to bet that Aberdeenshire Adidas is much better than the cheap shit were running around in. I don't get this argument. If you go to a sports supplier the Adidas stuff is always the dearest and it is that for a reason? Could it be a world reknowned sportswear brand? Let me ask you would you like to see more from jd or saints in an Adidas catelogue strip? C'mon

The new kits have moisture control etc and nearly all players wear under armour/trusox/skins etc.If AWP is back in partnership with the club after the JD deal we'll have puma as a manufacturer. Maybe underarmour but more than likely puma, all clubs they deal with (well/Dundee etc) have this manufacturer. Would be happy with that.

They are gash

The Scotland gear is out of a catalogue and its smashing. Fact is that Aberdeen have Adidas now it's most likely out a catelogue but it will still be made to the companies specifications and I would be willing to bet that Aberdeenshire Adidas is much better than the cheap shit were running around in. I don't get this argument. If you go to a sports supplier the Adidas stuff is always the dearest and it is that for a reason? Could it be a world reknowned sportswear brand? Let me ask you would you like to see more from jd or saints in an Adidas catelogue strip? C'mon

The launch blurb from the latest strip would suggest it most certainly is not straight from the "catalogue" range:-

The new adidas Scotland home kit for the 2012/13 season available now to pre-order at scottishfootballdirect.com. On Sale, November 8th 2011.

The embossing across the stomach, which incorporates elements of both the old and new Hampden Park, the Lion Rampant, the Thistle, the 1928 ball used in the 5-1 demolition of England at Wembley Stadium, the Fleur De Lis and the date 1873, i.e, the year the Scottish FA was founded.

There are also Saltire’s everywhere, just in case you momentarily forget which country you’re dealing with here...

That aside I must have been really lucky with all the kits I've bought as I've never really had any problems with them, either that or my other half is amazing at doing the washing (I'm not allowed anywhere near the washing machine in-case I mix colours etc!!).

For what it's worth I like the idea that we (the club) have had some input into design this last wee while as last years kits were belters and fairly bespoke.

I've posted this so many times I've lost count! Simply turn a polyester football shirt inside-out, place it in the bath, run cool water over it and throw in half a capful of hand wash liquid. Gently slosh it around then leave it sitting there for half an hour. Pick it up and rinse it under the cold tap. Don't wring it or squeeze it. Sit a clothes horse plastic frame thing in the bath and place your wet shirt over it supporting the weight of the wet shirt across the top bars. Let the water drip away naturally. Takes no time at all it's polyester. When mostly dry, turn the right way round and put a coat hangar in and hang it again from the top bar of the clothes horse, or on a door handle. Don't iron it, certainly not the logos. Don't put it anywhere near the washing machine. Don't squeeze or wring the life out of it. Simples!

I have never had a problem with any shirt at all doing this - and I have a lot of old shirts kept now as souvenirs, like the Newcastle grandad collar original Adidas, and St Mirren Xara ones, and even older than that.

I've posted this so many times I've lost count! Simply turn a polyester football shirt inside-out, place it in the bath, run cool water over it and throw in half a capful of hand wash liquid. Gently slosh it around then leave it sitting there for half an hour. Pick it up and rinse it under the cold tap. Don't wring it or squeeze it. Sit a clothes horse plastic frame thing in the bath and place your wet shirt over it supporting the weight of the wet shirt across the top bars. Let the water drip away naturally. Takes no time at all it's polyester. When mostly dry, turn the right way round and put a coat hangar in and hang it again from the top bar of the clothes horse, or on a door handle. Don't iron it, certainly not the logos. Don't put it anywhere near the washing machine. Don't squeeze or wring the life out of it. Simples!

I have never had a problem with any shirt at all doing this - and I have a lot of old shirts kept now as souvenirs, like the Newcastle grandad collar original Adidas, and St Mirren Xara ones, and even older than that.

What if you don't have a bath?

Quick question, can I ring the club shop on GHR tomorrow and order a shirt with name and number on then pick it up before the game on sat?

You can't I'm afraid. Replica kit is only available at JD Sports. We can print your jersey once you have purchased it but give the shop a call tomorrow just to ensure we have the required letters and numbers. 0141 889 2558

The shop at the ground sells all manner of Saints merchandise but anything Diadora ca only be bought from JD.

You can't I'm afraid. Replica kit is only available at JD Sports. We can print your jersey once you have purchased it but give the shop a call tomorrow just to ensure we have the required letters and numbers. 0141 889 2558

The shop at the ground sells all manner of Saints merchandise but anything Diadora ca only be bought from JD.

... and next season?

I honestly don't know the answer to that one Paul.

I wouldn't expect you to come out and say so on the forum even if you did know Alan. Still, I do like a wee bit of kit speculation! If JD were being booted out like unwanted St Mirren strikers, then every kit manufacturer I can think of would simply be supplying kit that would need to be sold in the stadium shop - just like Hummel and Xara or Matchwinner, or, or...

The launch blurb from the latest strip would suggest it most certainly is not straight from the "catalogue" range:-

The new adidas Scotland home kit for the 2012/13 season available now to pre-order at scottishfootballdirect.com. On Sale, November 8th 2011.

The embossing across the stomach, which incorporates elements of both the old and new Hampden Park, the Lion Rampant, the Thistle, the 1928 ball used in the 5-1 demolition of England at Wembley Stadium, the Fleur De Lis and the date 1873, i.e, the year the Scottish FA was founded.

There are also Saltires everywhere, just in case you momentarily forget which country youre dealing with here...

That aside I must have been really lucky with all the kits I've bought as I've never really had any problems with them, either that or my other half is

amazing at doing the washing (I'm not allowed anywhere near the washing machine in-case I mix colours etc!!).

For what it's worth I like the idea that we (the club) have had some input into design this last wee while as last years kits were belters and fairly bespoke.

Listen smart arse you can go online and order the Adidas training wear in a catalogue as worn by the Scotland national team. The jackets, the shorts, the training tops are all available. A Scotland strip should be unique but even then minus the badge sewn in you can get the same strip

Edited by norrie82

Which is so wrong. A fan can't turn up to his own club shop and buy a strip. Honestly you couldn't make it up! What on earth was Atkinson thinking? If it ever happens again Alan I'd take a catalogue Adidas strip over this cheap crap anyday. Deal? Edited by norrie82