St Mirren Red Away Top

JulieM

Listen smart arse you can go online and order the Adidas training wear in a catalogue as worn by the Scotland national team. The jackets, the shorts, the training tops are all available. A Scotland strip should be unique but even then minus the badge sewn in you can get the same strip

Listen smart-arse, when referring to strips as "catalogue" it means that the strip is not "designed/bespoke" to the team wearing it other than adding their badge and sponsor to a pre-designed kit.

The Scotland strip is not a "catalogue" kit it was designed specifically for Scotland due to the numbers it will sell.

Last year St Mirren, through JD,Cabrini/Fila/Diadora, we had kits designed specifically for St Mirren or based on Pozbairds designs and a "special edition" shirt chosen by the St Mirren support. We wouldn't have that with any of the "bigger brand" manufacturers.

... which leads back to my previous point - ditch JD and go back to Hummel, or let's say Errea or Macron, and I guarantee you there will be exactly the same amount of complaints, only the nature of the complaints will change. 'Our kit is the exact same as Elgin' - put your mortgage on it right now.

Shite quality from JD? Does no-one remember the final black-backed Hummel effort? That was thinner than Hearts' cheque book. Truly awful cheap nasty effort.

You can't win. Complaints about JD (in many cases rightfully!), and there will be complaints about whoever new comes in, if JD aren't kept on. I think if a deal could be struck to sell kits on matchdays at the stadium, JD would be worth another shout. AWP says there won't be any change in that regard (kits on sale at the shop), so take from that what you will.

Personally, if the kits were templates, but were Umbro, proper Nike, or proper Adidas, I'd be very happy. We won't get a deal with any of the big boys though. St Mirren are a club who once moved from proper Adidas to Matchwinner. FFS!

The Scotland top is bespoke with the crest woven through it but the rest of the gear you can go online and pick up any of the training gear minus the badge. It is available to order. Also give me the Adidas that my own team wears on a sat morning bought from a sports company in Scotland who shipped them in from abroad stuck our badge on and away we go. I can guarantee you that it is far far far superior to the shit that they sell in jd. Bespoke because of paisley pattern nope sorry I will take Adidas anyway. So what if Elgin have the same Elgin will never be st.mirren and shove a badge on it with the sponsor and it would be magic. The kid on diadora stuff is cheap and that's a fact

Edited by norrie82

The Scotland top is bespoke with the crest woven through it but the rest of the gear you can go online and pick up any of the training gear minus the badge. It is available to order. Also give me the Adidas that my own team wears on a sat morning bought from a sports company in Scotland who shipped them in from abroad stuck our badge on and away we go. I can guarantee you that it is far far far superior to the shit that they sell in jd. Bespoke because of paisley pattern nope sorry I will take Adidas anyway. So what if Elgin have the same Elgin will never be st.mirren and shove a badge on it with the sponsor and it would be magic. The kid on diadora stuff is cheap and that's a fact

The JD Sports kits aren't bespoke because of Paisley pattern. They are 100% completely bespoke kits. I can guarantee you that because I designed three complete kits, this season's third kit, and had input into this season's home and away designs.

I dealt on a personal level with the club's commercial director and the JD Sports own design department, who then liased with their manufacturing plant in China.

Every single element of the kits was done individually for St Mirren. Any collar design you wanted - they would do it. You want 25mm wide black and white stripes - no problem. The shade of red and blue you want for the thin stripes - just give us Pantone references and we'll match them.

Not once did the factory say 'no'. If you wanted a pink third kit with yellow spots and 'Fcuk the Ton' across the chest - they would do it.

The JD Sports kits aren't bespoke because of Paisley pattern. They are 100% completely bespoke kits. I can guarantee you that because I designed three complete kits, this season's third kit, and had input into this season's home and away designs.

I dealt on a personal level with the club's commercial director and the JD Sports own design department, who then liased with their manufacturing plant in China.

Every single element of the kits was done individually for St Mirren. Any collar design you wanted - they would do it. You want 25mm wide black and white stripes - no problem. The shade of red and blue you want for the thin stripes - just give us Pantone references and we'll match them.

Not once did the factory say 'no'. If you wanted a pink third kit with yellow spots and 'Fcuk the Ton' across the chest - they would do it.

F*CKING DAE IT !!! clap.gif

F*CKING DAE IT !!! clap.gif

A pink shirt with black shorts and socks with pink trim was mocked up - and would have been a third kit with a charitable element included - like Everton and a few others have done. Didn't come to pass, but JD's factory would have produced it if it had been wanted.

I'm not arguing against anyone who thinks JD's quality, or even designs, are 'shite'. If someone thinks they're shite, that's fine, that's their rightful opinion. Anyone reading my posts will also see me say that I simply think it's crazy not to have a club's kit on sale at the club's own stadium. I have also said that if the club ditched JD and had 'templates' from the likes of Umbro, Nike or Adidas - on sale at OUR stadium - then I'd be happy with that.

In regard to the kits only being bespoke because of a bit of Paisley pattern? That is simply incorrect. Any of us could sit down today and draw three St Mirren kits that we fancied. JD Sports factory would make them, and they would be unique to St Mirren.

Edited by pozbaird

Poz, that's the point, the factory might have done what you (or anyone else asked) but no matter what it would still be complete and utter shite. There's no getting round that fact.

Personally, compared to a lot of other manufacturers, I don't think the quality of the kits has been 'complete and utter shite'. I have no complaints about any of the tops I bought.

Personally, compared to a lot of other manufacturers, I don't think the quality of the kits has been 'complete and utter shite'. I have no complaints about any of the tops I bought.

I've got my boy all 3 kits and I'm happy with the quality and designs.

I hate the retail set up though and the poor stock held in store and online.