We're Everywhere!

First time post prompted by the following. Just back from holiday in Cyprus during which I met a fellow bud on a bus to Paphos. Last holiday saw another of our ilk in Cape Verde got me wondering where is the most remote/obscure/unexpected you've met a fellow supporter (keep it clean)?

Not exactly far out / exotic but was on a holiday to Tenerife for the week with girlfriend and a large group of rather inebriated lads got on the bus. I'm thinking oh here we go as they were jumping / shouting up the bus etc. Thoughts changed when they blasted out "Oh When the Saints" and other classics. Cracking lads and bumped into a few of them since.

I was in Amsterdam with the wife at New Year and bumped into HSS and his missus whilst out shopping. Turned out we were on the same flight home as well.

I wisnae out shopping.It just so happened that the quickest way between my 2 favourite Coffee Shops was thru the shopping streets.

I was on business in Caernarfon, North Wales a couple of years ago and had a Saints lapel badge on. A stocky little local taking part in a pub pool competition saw it and introduced himself as the landlord of a neighbouring pub. He was not only a Welsh fan of the Saints, but had everyone calling him Buddie - his real name had too many vowels for me to remember! He started following them in the Andy Dorman era. Ended up back at his pub for a lock in with the pool team and found the pub had several photos and a signed shirt on wall. Possibly our only Welsh speaking supporter?

By the hotel pool in Ibiza in 1993. Met three lads from Aberdeen and ended up chatting. Turns out one of them was Tyrone Smith who now does the sport news for Grampian TV. Bizarrely, despite being born and bred in Sheepsville, he's been a Saints fan all of his life.

Also met 5 Saints fans in Australia but seeing as how it was at my mate's wedding it doesn't really count....

I was on business in Caernarfon, North Wales a couple of years ago and had a Saints lapel badge on. A stocky little local taking part in a pub pool competition saw it and introduced himself as the landlord of a neighbouring pub. He was not only a Welsh fan of the Saints, but had everyone calling him Buddie - his real name had too many vowels for me to remember! He started following them in the Andy Dorman era. Ended up back at his pub for a lock in with the pool team and found the pub had several photos and a signed shirt on wall. Possibly our only Welsh speaking supporter?

Naw there's loads of Welsh on this Forum, there always have been, there always will be. They're the Dai Hards...

In East Side Marios in Toronto 2005 while I was working there.

At 4am in Dublin while lost trying to find our hostel.

The company man on Leiv Eirikson oil rig in Ireland with Shell.

The mud logger on the GA4 oil rig.

And I'll be on a bus to Paphos in a few weeks too so I'll keep an eye out.

First time post prompted by the following. Just back from holiday in Cyprus during which I met a fellow bud on a bus to Paphos. Last holiday saw another of our ilk in Cape Verde got me wondering where is the most remote/obscure/unexpected you've met a fellow supporter (keep it clean)?

That would be me then. tongue.png It was my missus who first noticed your Saints Baseball cap.

Hope you had as good a holiday as we had ! thumbup2.gif

Btw , there was also a fellow Bud at Paphos airport as we waited for our flight home, he was wearing this seasons red top while waiting on the Jet2 flight to Paisley International.