Attempted Child Abduction

class of 76-77

My good lady wife noticed a post on her facebook account tonight, from someone in the Foxbar area warning about some sick f**k who attempted to abduct a child from the Montrose rd area. I'm not sure if this has been confirmed by any official source like the Police but if the story is true then it's very concerning as the cretin seems to have escaped after the child's mother managed to rescue her kid in time.

The culprit it seems is still at large, anyone else heard about this ? apologies if this story turns out to be not true but as a father of an 8 year old I find this quite scary.

My good lady wife noticed a post on her facebook account tonight, from someone in the Foxbar area warning about some sick f**k who attempted to abduct a child from the Montrose rd area. I'm not sure if this has been confirmed by any official source like the Police but if the story is true then it's very concerning as the cretin seems to have escaped after the child's mother managed to rescue her kid in time.

The culprit it seems is still at large, anyone else heard about this ? apologies if this story turns out to be not true but as a father of an 8 year old I find this quite scary.

worrying mate, a lot of sick f**kers out there, hope they catch them, bring back the hanging but even that is too good for some of these cunts!!

worrying mate, a lot of sick f**kers out there, hope they catch them, bring back the hanging but even that is too good for some of these cunts!!

I don't think that I would be responsible for my actions if one of these cretins tried to abduct my wee one, then again we don't let him out of sight. Sadly we can't let our kids have the same freedom that we once enjoyed while growing up, there are way too many of these horrible bastards roaming about nowaday's.

I see a few of these kind of posts on facebook every so often but there us never any statement from the police, regardless of the authenticity I think it is a reminder to us all to be more vigilant with our children and give the "stranger danger" talk.

I have often thought there are more "bad" people around these days but i think there has always been as many bad people we just hear about it, it isn't hidden away as much and we have instant news through social media etc but also because we are older we hear more, i try to shelter my children from all the details about the bad things that can happen and i suspect many of our parents did the same.

I doubt there's clear evidence that child abuse is more common nowadays. I think it's always been there, just reported less, given a lower profile or better hidden (kept in the family) in the past. I'm always a wee bit wary of views based on 'the good old days'...

I would tend to agree with this.

Most (the significant majority) people who abuse children are known to the family if not a member of the family itself. I suspect it was always thus.

The stranger danger concept always seems that bit more sinister, but it is the predatory, manipulative abuser that presents the greater risk when all is said and done.

Guest TPAFKATS

I hear of this through noseybook and always take some heed, however as others point out it seems these stories regularly appear but arent always confirmed.

Not sure its any more prevalent but...