Something You Say, But Wouldn't Do.

Buffs

Last weekend a so called friend of my 10 year old daughter was being a nasty wee pain in the arse towards her, which is nothing new.

She came home a bit upset and told us what had happened. One of her other friends was with her. On hearing what had happened, my missus turned to me and said "that Caitlin needs a bloody slap".

Unknowingly to us, my daughters othet pal heard this and promptly went and told Caitlins mum "Emmas mum said she is going to come down here and slap Caitlin"

Caitlins mum then comes haring up the road ranting and raving and threatening us with calling the police or getting her brother to come round and sort it out.

My wife and I are not violent towards anybody, especially children. We dont smack our children but arent against people who do smack their own kids.

It was a turn of phrase my wife used and wasnt meant for young ears. I have said similar things but wouldnt dream of carrying it out.

You really cant say anything these days without somebody taking it the wrong way or being offended.

The thing is, the wee shite does need a slap.

Moving on from your serious point, I'd just like to say that, though there are doubtless groups of people who would derive some kind of pleasure from doing so, I just couldn't bring myself to slap a wee shite.

Nor even a big firm wan.

If only Bill Lees were still around to offer his considered opinion. :unsure:

Mmmm! Really, a 10 year old child!!??!!

ETA...Oh f**k. forgot the smiley!

Which for some reason I can't access! Windows 8, any help?

Only when I reply to a post!

Edited by dmc

Last weekend a so called friend of my 10 year old daughter was being a nasty wee pain in the arse towards her, which is nothing new.

She came home a bit upset and told us what had happened. One of her other friends was with her. On hearing what had happened, my missus turned to me and said "that Caitlin needs a bloody slap".

Unknowingly to us, my daughters othet pal heard this and promptly went and told Caitlins mum "Emmas mum said she is going to come down here and slap Caitlin"

Caitlins mum then comes haring up the road ranting and raving and threatening us with calling the police or getting her brother to come round and sort it out.

My wife and I are not violent towards anybody, especially children. We dont smack our children but arent against people who do smack their own kids.

It was a turn of phrase my wife used and wasnt meant for young ears. I have said similar things but wouldnt dream of carrying it out.

You really cant say anything these days without somebody taking it the wrong way or being offended.

Actually it's the parents who need a slap for letting their kid grow up like that.

We have an army of truly shite parents out there who are preparing their kids for a lifetime of working on minimum wage if they are lucky enough to get a job.

Moving on from your serious point, I'd just like to say that, though there are doubtless groups of people who would derive some kind of pleasure from doing so, I just couldn't bring myself to slap a wee shite.

Nor even a big firm wan.

If only Bill Lees were still around to offer his considered opinion. unsure.png

I smacked all of my kids but I haven't done it for many years now.

Not sure I'd ever do it again under any circumstances.

Almost always it was out of frustration rather than the mythical "caring loving smack" which the Tories insist is "reasonable".

I've changed my mind on all this over the years and TBH I feel absolutely bloody awful that when it comes down to it I basically beat a small helpless child out of frustration. I didn't do it very often but I should have been doing it at all. I'd never hit an adult out of frustration and that's why I know that smacking a child is wrong in ALL cases.

Almost always it was out of frustration rather than the mythical "caring loving smack" which the Tories insist is "reasonable".

I've changed my mind on all this over the years and TBH I feel absolutely bloody awful that when it comes down to it I basically beat a small helpless child out of frustration. I didn't do it very often but I should have been doing it at all. I'd never hit an adult out of frustration and that's why I know that smacking a child is wrong in ALL cases.

whoosh.

That's because they would hit you back.whistling.gif