Travelling To 'well Match - Erskine Bridge

Drew

Apologies for posting on here as opposed to the matchday thread, but I thought this warranted a thread for those potentially affected.

I live and work in West Dunbartonshire, and received an email from our work HQ this morning regarding the ramping up of the roadworks on the bridge. It seems that the main phase of the roadworks starts tomorrow, and due to the installation of temporary barriers, the delays this weekend will be particularly severe - apparently up to 60 minutes!

Anyone driving over from this side of the water will need to factor in this delay. To be honest, were it not for the fact that I'm concluding a transaction with a mate before the match, I might not bother with the hassle.

Edited by Drew

Apologies for posting on here as opposed to the matchday thread, but I thought this warranted a thread for those potentially affected.

I live and work in West Dunbartonshire, and received an email from our work HQ this morning regarding the ramping up of the roadworks on the bridge. It seems that the main phase of the roadworks starts tomorrow, and due to the installation of temporary barriers, the delays this weekend will be particularly severe - apparently up to 60 minutes!

Anyone driving over from this side of the water will need to factor in this delay. To be honest, were it not for the fact that I'm concluding a transaction with a mate before the match, I might not bother with the hassle.

cheers for the heads up drew, I will be going over the bridge so will have to leave a bit sharper.

Acht, you cannot put a price on safety.

The new state of the art barriers that are going up will be well worth it when complete. Seriously, this work is all about upgrading the vehicle barriers, to protect the towers and cables from those pesky HGV's.

We wouldn't want structural damage now. So whilst we're at it why not put in WIM cameras and paint the towers............see you summertime 2014,

Rail network anyone , or is that a wee swearie nowadays as the trams took aw the dosh !!!