Hibernian V St Mirren Top League 21/9/13

shull

He might be many things but I don't think he's arrogant. Should he resign he'll make his employment prospects better.

He is definitely not arrogant, he is a good guy that is now in a world of pain. He'd be daft to chuck it, he needs to be replaced by the board if they can afford to.

Listen, we can still salvage this. There's enough of the season left to play to suggest that we can look back on this and laugh come May.

What is becoming increasingly obvious, though, is that Danny isn't the man to salvage this. Last season, we lost 6 on the spin and looked unlucky in spells, playing good attacking football and not getting the breaks.

We don't have that this time, there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel in terms of a result waiting to happen for us. Every week we're walking in expecting a resounding victory for the opposition, and that's exactly what's happening.

That can't continue.

having not been at the games, it's hard for me to comment accurately, but it wont be the first time the club have stood by players who have already gone over the hill. I'm beginning to think that the career-defining performances from many in the league cup were in fact a last hurrah for most. I'm thinking that Danny cleared out too few players last season rather than too many

End of an era. Shame.

Bought my season ticket before last season had even ended. Was thinking the League Cup was gonna be a watershed moment for Saints and we were gonna kick on. Experienced players dumped and only two experienced players brought in. Never felt more ripped of in my life.

That's it in a nutshell ,100% agree with this comment.

Not so much "over the hill" as they are players with a stronger will than Danny , it looks to me that the senior players have had enough of him and will call the shots till he's gone !

If true, then I'd hope that they'll be following him out the door in January. Regardless of who they are.

They have no right to play God with the club's league status, whether they like DL or not.

DL's ability as a manager and a motivator can be called into question time and again (and regularly is). DL's ability as a human being can't. He's a genuinely good, kind-hearted man and he certainly doesn't deserve a dressing room revolt from a bunch over over-payed primadonnas.

Edited by djchapsticks

I for one an sick to death of hearing about the cup final.

Yes it was a great day out but bread and butter league results were dire before the cup run and have been a disaster since.

I'd ban all talk of it.

I for one love talking about it. It was a fantastic day and a day I'll never forget and never stop talking about it until the day I die.

I believe the senior players aren,t showing any loyalty to their manager.

At the very least we should be a well organised side ,and the senior players have to take some responsability to make sure that organisation stays in place when the game kicks off.

We are so unprepared for this season ,poor squad ,poor organisation ,poor team spirit.

i remember 2 different seasons where both aberdeen and dundee utd went their first 6 games without a victory

just saying

This seasons form, coupled with the second half of last season after the cup semi final is the problem. When did we last win at home?

I believe the senior players aren,t showing any loyalty to their manager.At the very least we should be a well organised side ,and the senior players have to take some responsability to make sure that organisation stays in place when the game kicks off.We are so unprepared for this season ,poor squad ,poor organisation ,poor team spirit.

If they aren't showing any loyalty to their manager, then they aren't showing any loyalty to the club or the fans. If so, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Danny's signing record is also rotten. I certainly wouldn't trust him with more cash. Money out, pay-offs, numerous pish signings. Then you have this "identity" that we only really ever saw vs Morton in the Renfrewshire Cup. Glimpses of decent football over shadowed by dross, the likes of which you only see at open trial games.

I don't care how nice he is, he's never learned about the players and just continues to ram various shaped pegs in to one hole. He can go experiment and learn his craft somewhere else.