Hibernian V St Mirren Top League 21/9/13

shull

I've said it before, if it's true about players downing tools and taking the huff then that id an absolutely stinking attitude.

I was shot down last week for suggesting Thompson spending some time on the bench....he has done virtually nothing since March 17th.

He hasn't played well that is true.

Hope his understudy can come in and gave him a fright.

O wait

Also last week McGregor was by far our best defender and he was dropped.

Something very wrong going on

He hasn't played well that is true.

Hope his understudy can come in and gave him a fright.

O wait

Also last week McGregor was by far our best defender and he was dropped.

Something very wrong going on

A game on the bench may just be the kick up the arse he needs. At the end of the day he has done absolutely nothing Reilly couldn't have done.

One for the stattos, when was the last time we had such a rank rotten start to a season?

Through six games, it looks like 1938/39, when we had the same record and goal difference, but had scored one goal more.

To be fair though, looking through all of this stuff, there have been loads of seasons that haven't been much better!

We'd already managed two 0-5 home defeats by this stage in 1966/67, with a 1-6 to come in the next home game.

I'll happily be corrected, but I think there's only ever been three seasons when we've kicked off with a draw and five defeats from the first six games.

This year with goal difference 2-12, 1938/39 with 3-13 and 1920-21 with 5-13, which means that this year is the worst start ever through six games.

Any sort of result in the next game would change the stat, though. There have been so many rank rotten seasons that even a draw would catapult us ahead of a few other first seven game fun-fests from the past.

Was at work yesterday so can't say anything specific other than it was no surprise - everyone else seemed to have a Hibs win as the surest result of the day. I don't see what the big surprise is - results have been poor, in general, for approaching two years now and Lennon's summer dealings were poor followed by a couple of last minute panic signings neither of whom started yesterday! Flush.gif

I'd still give Lennon till the Hearts game and international break but I can understand why I'm probably in the minority with this view.

Was at work yesterday so can't say anything specific other than it was no surprise - everyone else seemed to have a Hibs win as the surest result of the day. I don't see what the big surprise is - results have been poor, in general, for approaching two years now and Lennon's summer dealings were poor followed by a couple of last minute panic signings neither of whom started yesterday! Flush.gif

I'd still give Lennon till the Hearts game and international break but I can understand why I'm probably in the minority with this view.

I would try to reach an amicable settlement with him now.

The man is suffering and our club is suffering.

Edited by murray street

Another frankly embarrassing interview, with the same tired old rubbish in it.

Not quite what the positives are that he refers to. "We had more possession in the box than them"??? Is he for real?? Well, thank f**k for that then eh?

I'm fed up listening to it now.

I was at posh yesterday, a derby with MK Dons, two players sent off and they still won 2-1, they are looking good.

I had Leicester on my coupon yesterday, but exeter and the buddies done me for £260 thumbdown.gif I needed both to score at least one goal.

Watching the game I have to say that I have no time for our defence. Every time hibs had the ball, the defence was practically stationary and let them walk past. No communication between Goodwin and Cheesy, Van Zanten mistimed virtually every pass and Grainger just looked bored. Bring back McGregor and Mair and give them a chance! Jim f**ked up far too often and did nothing but shout at his fellow players. He had a lot to say to Dilo in the first half despite most defensive mishaps being his own fault for lack of communication.

None of them seem interested in closing down attackers. I'd argue that the reason we lack goals or shots is because we spend so much of our possession time pissing about in our own half because no one seems to want to push up. Incredibly slow on the counter!

I thought "OUCH" shutup.gif when I read this from Danny in today's Sunday Mail

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hibernian-2-st-mirren-0-2292367

Lennon said: “If a baker makes a cake it’s about getting the ingredients right, if he’s not happy with it he’s got to change it. That’s something we’ll look at.

“We’ve tried things to help the players but I have great tools at my disposal.

“The players are giving everything but I would expect better quality in the final third.

“Hard work and learning from our mistakes is going to help turn this around.”

I thought "OUCH" Posted Image when I read this from Danny in today's Sunday Mail

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hibernian-2-st-mirren-0-2292367

Lennon said: “If a baker makes a cake it’s about getting the ingredients right, if he’s not happy with it he’s got to change it. That’s something we’ll look at.

“The players are giving everything but I would expect better quality in the final third.

Not so much 'ouch', as 'what a nob'.

Has he listened to Jose's 'eggs' nonsense in midweek and thought it'd be cool to say something bizarre and unconventional?

St.Mirren should be asking him to complete a stress management risk assessment, cos he's f**king lost it at the moment, unfortunately.

Based on what?

based on watching him on the field...he is light-weight, not very quick and has shown nothing to prove he will do anything at this level..against Motherwell he was lucky if he touched the ball in twenty minutes...wouldn't get a look in at any other club in premier league... Edited by gstretchuk

I thought "OUCH" shutup.gif when I read this from Danny in today's Sunday Mail

Expecting a phone call from DL short(bread)ly! argue.gif