Hibernian V St Mirren Top League 21/9/13

shull

2-0 Hibs. Heffernan and some other c**t.

Good prediction.

We'll go here, we'll huff, we'll puff, then we'll lose, 1-0, 2-0, something like that. That result in isolation would be no disgrace, Hibs are a bigger team with a far bigger budget and they should be beating us at Easter Road.

It's the fact that it's all getting so depressingly predictable that's hard to take.

With our lack of attacking threat I quite fancy seeing Teale playing of Thommo and perhaps seeing Caprice playing out right.

I know Teale hasn't the greatest goalscoring record but his pace and direct running off Thommo could pose some problems.

Desperately clutching at straws, but so is Danny.

Good call.

With our lack of attacking threat I quite fancy seeing Teale playing of Thommo and perhaps seeing Caprice playing out right.

I know Teale hasn't the greatest goalscoring record but his pace and direct running off Thommo could pose some problems.

Got ot say I hadn't cosidered this. It would add pace more central but Caprice would have to be the real deal or we move our problem from "in to out", if you see what I mean.

That could be a decent shout, no harm in trying it, cant be any worse than what we are getting at the moment.

Hibs have got over their sticky start and I have a feeling they will crucify us in the wide areas. We don't have a right sided player who can defend and Grainger , be it down to fitness or otherwise , is a shadow of the player who used to play against us. I think we're looking at another heavy away defeat , after which , the BOD can hopefully grow a pair and begin to get things sorted on and off the field !

Was pleased to see Danny read my post in the "favourite starting IX, and formation" thread and as a result we looked a wee bit better at the back on Saturday however there was one bit of that post that he ignored and I think it was perhaps the most important bit......................DROP HARKINS.

All being well a narrow 1-0 win for the buds, the revival starts here.

Harkins had little to do with the goal that cost us.

Everyone has a target when things ain't goin' well and I see who's in your sight but tell me honestly how Harkins caused our defeat.

Gary is not the headless chicken runner. He is an intelligent footballer who pretty much knows when to intercede and when to wait for others giving them an outlet.

Harkins had little to do with the goal that cost us.

Everyone has a target when things ain't goin' well and I see who's in your sight but tell me honestly how Harkins caused our defeat.

Gary is not the headless chicken runner. He is an intelligent footballer who pretty much knows when to intercede and when to wait for others giving them an outlet.

Disagree , he's a liability when the team is struggling , continually holding on to the ball for too long and losing possession !

Disagree , he's a liability when the team is struggling , continually holding on to the ball for too long and losing possession !

Think that was Newton on Saturday.

FWIW. I would start with the same formation and drop Teale to the bench, bringing him on second half, for Caprice and even Newton for McGinn v Hibs.

I was pleased when we signed Harkins, I thought he won't be as good as Gowser but as good as a replacement as we could afford, and I don't dislike him now, but accommodating in his favoured position is denying us our most creative player in McGowan.

I really feel sorry for Danny, people give him pelters for not doing transfer dealings earlier when the one bit of business he did do early turned round and bit him in the bum, and what else could he do? Imagine the outcry on here if Gowser went and then it was in the papers that he'd offered to stay but Danny said no.

I was also pleased when we signed Grainger and Bahookie and I still hope all three signings turn out to be great, but while we are in this mess I think we need to go back to basics and that means Gowser as creative mid and Harkins on the bench. That doesn't mean I've got it in for him.

Think that was Newton on Saturday.

FWIW. I would start with the same formation and drop Teale to the bench, bringing him on second half, for Caprice and even Newton for McGinn v Hibs.

Newton was culpable too , but on at least three occasions Harkins dwelled on the ball , lost possession and never tracked back. He's not the type of player we need right now !

Embarrassingly the team who were made to look like a bunch of complete idiots by Malmo, are now 7 points ahead of us in the League after 5/6 games.

Hibs have really struggled at home this season, so that at least should be in our favour. At the moment though I can't really see where a win could come from.

I don't like predicting we will lose....so I won't predict anything at all.

Newton was culpable too , but on at least three occasions Harkins dwelled on the ball , lost possession and never tracked back. He's not the type of player we need right now !

He's a very good footballer but can't play in midfield he hasn't the pace.

He did track back but he isn't very quick.

The man put a shift in but he got to be a player playing off the forward,

McGowan isn't playing very well at the moment but he covers a lot of ground as he's more mobile than Harkins