The Swiss : Is Club About To Be Sold ?

Lethal89

God f*cking help us if the new owners aint St Mirren Supporters. thumbdown.gif

Unfortunately there aren't any StMirren fans with the money or willing to invest the amount required. Not ideal I know, but we need change. The club needs some life in it and fast.

If you were my son I'd put you over my knee and slipper you soundly for such a appalling pun.

I'd then remember that I'm a lover not a fighter and that I stand on a ticket of believing that any violence against a child is basically abuse by another name and spend the next 20 years buying you ice cream and football tickets to try and placate you.

Mind you, you'll notice it wasn't appalling enough to stop me liking the post and waking my wife up with a sudden bark of laughter 10 inches from her left ear. The poor woman and her weak bladder.......

20 years of football tickets? You sadist!

Can I choose the violence please? Slipper me now big boy!!! thumbup2.gifwhistling.gif

Careful! He 'likes' that idea.

Next he'll be asking you how far from the coast you live.... unsure.png

Only if I'm trying to set him up for a very funny gag.

Faraway Saint didn't bite sadly and the joke became forgotten.

Edited by oaksoft

• 3 weeks later...

So, for sale may let , anyone know if cost price adjustment / reduction has kicked in yet ?

Wtf is going on with the sale of this football club.

I only ask cos until it's sold hee haw else will happen

It was mentioned on sportsound last Saturday. Swiss consortium still looking at club along with one or two others and that the Swiss group weren't favourites. Also mentioned that the yank mob that bought Dundee were interested in us first, hadn't heard that before.

So to sum up, we are still waiting....

It was mentioned on sportsound last Saturday. Swiss consortium still looking at club along with one or two others and that the Swiss group weren't favourites. Also mentioned that the yank mob that bought Dundee were interested in us first, hadn't heard that before.

"Still Looking".... but no action or communication???

There not per chance proposing a CiC..?

As I said elsewhere , Scottish buyers !

Thanks Wilbur.

GOD F*CKING HELP US !!!

Non Saints fan with a 75% stake.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/exclusive-new-group-in-talks-to-buy-st-mirren.23747156

No No F*cking No !!!

I don't see anything in that story to make St Mirren fans shit their pants about some possible dodgy new owner coming in. I know hee-haw about Mr Methven, but his involvement in another Scottish club would indicate Mr Gilmour knows him and knows he's OK.

If this story has legs, pretty sure both Mr Methven and his consortium will come under the same scrutiny from fans that Richard Atkinson did... Why? How? How Come? Why St Mirren? What's your angle? What's in it for you? Who are your backers? What is your plan? What money are you putting in? Is it your money? Are you planning any fan involvement? You urnae' even a Smurrrrnnn fan, what's your motivation?....

...just for starters. That's even before following questions are asked... What about Danny Lennon and your prior involvement? What about developing the stadium? What about existing groups like the fan council? What about expanding the club's commercial activities? What about existing members of staff? What about the club's merchandising partner leaving again? What about...... insert next question here.

Fun and games. Cliques, back-stabbing, fans arguing with fans, miscreants, and total arsewipes re-appearing under new shit aliases.

Can't wait.

Simple questions we should all be asking of Mr Methven if..? the story reported is true...

How are you funding this 75% stakeholding?

Does it involve any borrowing against the club?

If so are any of the clubs assets held in security against this borrowing?

And given you aren't as far as we know a St Mirren fan, why us, why now?

And ask the same of the Swiss consortium if they get pole position....

And to perhaps head off a few voices of criticism i.e. "If Mr Methven is going to buy 75% of the club he should be able to do what he likes"

I would answer no..! he will like any owner rely on the revenue streams the club generates to run the club... i.e. ST's Tickets merchandise etc, etc...

We control the revenue streams, we need to be convinced of your intentions to allow you (Mr Buyer) access to those streams.

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand why this 75% share thing is ruffling feathers. I guess someone would want as much shares as possible to be "top dog" for want of a better word but I'd be worried that the Club's identity would be interfered with - "Buddie Broncos", "Paisley Saints 2015", "Young Boys of Paisley" sponsored by Toberlone etc.[/size]

anyone wanting to have total control of the club, as it would seem the 75% will give them, is up to no good. the only reason anyone would want this, as opposed to just the 52%, we can only assume that's because they know they are likely to get resistance for whatever plans they might have

I'm not even comfortable with one individual owning the 52%

Edited by thewhiteman

• 2 weeks later...

anyone wanting to have total control of the club, as it would seem the 75% will give them, is up to no good. the only reason anyone would want this, as opposed to just the 52%, we can only assume that's because they know they are likely to get resistance for whatever plans they might have

I'm not even comfortable with one individual owning the 52%

I don't disagree with your concerns about the 75% shareholding. If they are buying the 52% majority stake plus also McGeoch and Scott's shares as well this could take them close to the 75% figure?

Is there any real credibility to this before folk go off on one about how many percent a 'supossed' buyer wants/will get, or has this been ignited by- I hard someone in the pub, I know someone that works, knows somebody who works in St.Mirren park, or the favorite- that bastion of quality printed arsepaper, the Record with their 'reliable sources' (that turn out to be as reliable as First Bus services)

Just saying, as we have heard this and been discussing for years and bugger all has happened as far as a sale is concerned

No firm offer has been made from i heard from any party. Interest and talks but no readies been put on the table

If there's anything at all in these rumours, presumably the reason for nothing happening is the wait to see that we won't be relegated.