The Swiss : Is Club About To Be Sold ?

Lethal89

Time to hold onto your hats, folks. It seems this sale is very much on the cards. I'm not at all sure what to think about this, but very much hope that a woeful start to the season won't seem like a trifling matter when we look back on this period of the club's history (at the risk of coming across a tad melodramatic).

Douglas Mcneil said its a load of pish.

Very little I would imagine Griff considering that Mr Rea is a singer/song writer and has absolutely no connections to the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

I did enjoy "The road to hell". Mr Rea does have a gravel like quality to his voice.

Dire Rea?

Edited by Drew

Do they have plans for any fan involvement in their new set up?

Do they plan to install a new commercial director?

Will they decide on keeping JD Sports or not?

Is AWPs return as merchandise provider secure?

Would they demand that Harkins is dropped to allow McGowan to flourish?

Would they drop Goodwin or play him as a holding midfielder?

Will Cheesy be renamed Swiss Cheesy?

Will Kit Kats be replaced by Toblerone in catering outlets?

Will Roger Federer be photographed wearing a Saints shirt?

Questions, questions.

The answer I would like to hear to the first question is "I hope not"

We have a huge Saints fan as chairman.

What would it be like if we had Saints fans with influence but no financial input?

People always love spending other people's money.

The answer I would like to hear to the first question is "I hope not"

We have a huge Saints fan as chairman.

What would it be like if we had Saints fans with influence but no financial input?

People always love spending other people's money.

If the answer is 'no' then that's the end for the fan council? Reading the existing BoDs rationale for setting it up, it was that it came from them being involved in the CIC process, and them thinking that such a council would be a good thing.

If the answer is 'no' then that's the end for the fan council? Reading the existing BoDs rationale for setting it up, it was that it came from them being involved in the CIC process, and them thinking that such a council would be a good thing.

If the case ! would it not be an idea to keep it running detached from the club?

If we had kept the 10 quid DD running the fan council / smisa or whoever, would have had approx 120 k in it over the last year. If we are pro active rather than reactive, just think what could be achieved if it is sold to a foreign investor and goes into admin in 10 years. if a kitty was built up of over 1.2 m excluding interest. 0p in the pound buy out with a some financial backing by saints fans!

If the case ! would it not be an idea to keep it running detached from the club?

If we had kept the 10 quid DD running the fan council / smisa or whoever, would have had approx 120 k in it over the last year. If we are pro active rather than reactive, just think what could be achieved if it is sold to a foreign investor and goes into admin in 10 years. if a kitty was built up of over 1.2 m excluding interest. 0p in the pound buy out with a some financial backing by saints fans!

Are you suggesting that people should religiously pay into an account in the off-chance that someone, sometime down the line might want to use it for something?

Hmm...

I'm out!

I don't see how you could keep the fan council running detached from the club as it's supposed to be a bridge between the club and the fans. But if new owners didn't want to listen to them how would the fans get any input.

I would be for the direct debits running to build up a fund for the future for buying the club once it goes into liquidation but only if the money is legally tied up for the sole purpose of buying the club and it is run by the right people. Right now I don't think the fans council or SMiSA are the correct people. The fans council because of the above and I haven't seen or heard much evidence of it actually doing anything other than raising funds for the dome or the golf day - all raising funds for the club but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of the fans getting any input to or from the club. SMiSA because as they currently stand they only seem to be interested in having a relatively small portion of the shares and a seat on the board - not actually fans ownership of the club.

Are you suggesting that people should religiously pay into an account in the off-chance that someone, sometime down the line might want to use it for something?

Hmm...

I'm out!

Ahhh. The old days when we used to save up for things. :-)

Is it that bad an idea? When hearts hit the shit they were able to have quite a substantial whip round. If we were to go the same way how much could we muster with our fan base?

Like the CIC some were in straight away, some out straight away. Any idea would not be right for everyone and Its there to be shot down.