The Swiss : Is Club About To Be Sold ?

Lethal89

i understand your point regarding the squabbling and the arguing - that was always going to be the case, and would be again if the subject ever got going again, but the bid ended when the selling consortium decided that the bid was not in the best interests of the club (mainly i believe due to the fact that the fans had put up their cash but some of the corporate investors never and possibly never intended to, that would have just left fans with a debt to service ) faceless business people (who refused to be named ) were the ones who failed us in our bid in, my opinion

Aye this and Gordon 'can I Punt My worthless shares through the CiC' Scott...

Just some confirmation that it seems a genuine story, and that it is at an advanced stage.

I wouldn't put my house on it yet, but no reason to think it isn't accurate Billy.

I'm not claiming to be in the know, simply passing on what I understand to be reliable information. I'm inclined to think it is imminent, but we'll see, I suppose.

Apologies in advance if this is yet more pish.

PM sent

Since when were we a club that had a multi million pound turnover ? That is a ridiculous statement to make. We're a relatively small club in comparison to most other top flight sides.

I'm afraid you're the one making the utterly ridiculous statement - we are a small club compared to Ross County, St Johnstone, Inverness, Partick Thistle, even Motherwell or Kilmarnock?? I don't think so!

I'm afraid you're the one making the utterly ridiculous statement - we are a small club compared to Ross County, St Johnstone, Inverness, Partick Thistle, even Motherwell or Kilmarnock?? I don't think so!

My comments were not meant to be completetly serious, as I was having a light hearted dig at big Stu Dickson who was almost describing our club as if we were an English Premiership outfit.

Div has been quiet ,despite contributing early doors with this thread ,and Mr rea has been quiet too ,despite teasing us a wee bit .

Hopefully that means ,that they are both aware that somethings happening , but hae been adised to, be patient ,and keep quiet for a couple of days whilst things evolve,

Most importantly ,lets hope the B of D , have found the right people to sell to.

Div has been quiet ,despite contributing early doors with this thread ,and Mr rea has been quiet too ,despite teasing us a wee bit .

Hopefully that means ,that they are both aware that somethings happening , but hae been adised to, be patient ,and keep quiet for a couple of days whilst things evolve,

Most importantly ,lets hope the B of D , have found the right people to sell to.

Don't you mean 'Sit Tight, things are Bubbling Away..?'

Rea has re-written/deleted history so much on the 10000 hours debacle he might think the Romans shot Archduke Franz Ferdinand..!

The best one for me his his take on why the £1.25million was kicked in to touch by the consortium... he say "An offer of £1.25m can in no way said to be "blowing it" it was simply not accepted by the Sellers as is their perfectly reasonable right."

they said....

A statement on the club's website read: "The longer this went on and with the numerous changes that were made to the proposals it appeared that most of the 10000 Hours' major backers seemed to be having doubts about the concept.

"It became clear that it appeared to be becoming more difficult for the 10000 Hours board to come up with an appropriate offer which would have given confidence to the selling consortium that their proposals were sustainable."

in other words the consortium put the bid in the massone bracket of unsustainable, and likely to damage the club and its supporters.

Rea has re-written/deleted history so much on the 10000 hours debacle he might think the Romans shot Archduke Franz Ferdinand..!

The best one for me his his take on why the £1.25million was kicked in to touch by the consortium... he say "An offer of £1.25m can in no way said to be "blowing it" it was simply not accepted by the Sellers as is their perfectly reasonable right."

they said....

A statement on the club's website read: "The longer this went on and with the numerous changes that were made to the proposals it appeared that most of the 10000 Hours' major backers seemed to be having doubts about the concept.

"It became clear that it appeared to be becoming more difficult for the 10000 Hours board to come up with an appropriate offer which would have given confidence to the selling consortium that their proposals were sustainable."

in other words the consortium put the bid in the massone bracket of unsustainable, and likely to damage the club and its supporters.

I'm sure both yourself (and indeed REA if he chooses to respond) will take this the right way - if you want to keep the 10000hours bun fight alive and refuse to let it lie, why not post in one of the 10000hours threads about 10000hours and the rights and wrongs of what was ultimately a failed bid over a long period.

Can only speak for myself, so I will...

I want to know if there's any truth in the rumours of Swiss interest, or if it's a crock of Neil Lennon. I have no desire to re-open the wounds of the fractious 10000hours bid(s).

Edited by pozbaird

I'm sure both yourself and REA will take this the right way - if you want to keep the 10000hours bun fight alive and refuse to let it lie, why not post in one of the 10000hours threads about 10000hours and the rights and wrongs of what was ultimately a failed bid over a long period.

I want to know if there's any truth in the rumours of Swiss interest, or if it's a crock of Neil Lennon. I have no desire to re-open the wounds of the fractious 10000hours bid(s).

Amen to that (at the risk of being charged with the clique approach....).

I reckon the buyers must be the Swiss.

Hell - there is even a Swiss Army Knife product range named after three of our famous players....I give you the Victor-(Jimmy)-Nox-Tomo...... http://victorinoxtomo.com

Will we go the same way as Cardiff City whose new foreign owners forced them to change colours from Blue strips to Red.....?

C'mon Poz - how about a Swiss Army style home and away strip for next season?

Will this sale bring in a new "utility" player who can dribble, shoot, pass, tackle and open a bottle of beer at the same time as sewing a new badge on his strip.....

My strip designing days are over. Regrets? I have a few, too few to mention...

I reckon the buyers must be the Swiss.

Hell - there is even a Swiss Army Knife product range named after three of our famous players....I give you the Victor-(Jimmy)-Nox-Tomo...... http://victorinoxtomo.com

Will we go the same way as Cardiff City whose new foreign owners forced them to change colours from Blue strips to Red.....?

C'mon Poz - how about a Swiss Army style home and away strip for next season?

Will this sale bring in a new "utility" player who can dribble, shoot, pass, tackle and open a bottle of beer at the same time as sewing a new badge on his strip.....

Can't have St. Mirren ever wearing red.

Can we?

If someone comes along and adds to the fortunes of St. Mirren FC, and he tells me that red is the new black. I'm with him.

Red is fine for an away strip and one that has proven successful.

However given that we have had predominately Black and White stripes for the majority of the clubs history, I'd not be happy if the new owners were to do a "Cardiff" and change the colour of the stripes.

If I read your post correctly what you are saying is that you would not mind if our home strip was Red and White Stripes.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

If new owners had their heids' screwed on, were of good character with good reasons for buying us, and had a sound business plan for investing in a tidy wee club like ours, then if they wanted to 'do a Cardiff' with our kit, personally I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I think I've opened up a can of worms with that Swiss army knife joke.....hopefully it won't be Americans who rename us a "Soccer" club and relocate us to another state....although the state we are in at the moment, many might not complain....

Although i have to say that calling Football "football" and not "Soccer" is a recent event. Soccer is a derivative of Association and not an Americanisation, it is just that for some reason the media sometime in the 60/70's stopped calling it soccer while the US continued with it, thus now making it look like they are calling it something diferent

However given that we have had predominately Black and White stripes for the majority of the clubs history, I'd not be happy if the new owners were to do a "Cardiff" and change the colour of the stripes.

If I read your post correctly what you are saying is that you would not mind if our home strip was Red and White Stripes.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

We could have black and white stripes for the away kit.

DANNY LEMONS RED AND WHITE ARMY.:)

We could have black and white stripes for the away kit.

DANNY LENNONS RED AND WHITE ARMY.:)

You might call it "Football" in the circles you meander in.....however most punters I know call it "fitba"......

I'd also like to know when the SFA and the FA - the worlds 2 oldest "football" associations changed from calling themselves the SSA and the SA?

The circles I meander in aren't calling it football, fitba, footy or soccer... They're calling it utter pish.

I'm sure both yourself (and indeed REA if he chooses to respond) will take this the right way - if you want to keep the 10000hours bun fight alive and refuse to let it lie, why not post in one of the 10000hours threads about 10000hours and the rights and wrongs of what was ultimately a failed bid over a long period.

Your pal Rea keeps bringing it up, albeit a wee bit different to what actually transpired each time... and if you don't like it don't feckin read it.... all in the right way of course