Danny Is A Legend, But It's Time For Change...

What a pile of mealy mouthed hypocritical shite! lol.gif:

Whatever way you attempt to tart it up you are calling for the manager to get sacked just like the boo boys.

Hang your head in shame.

Wouldnt say it was mealy mouthed or hypocritical. Pretty concise and honest to me. Kendo seems to be balanced in his view - Danny Lennon is looking ill, as if he could afford to lose weight, he must be weighing in at about 6 stone. Also he is too decent a character to take all the abuse that many, including me in this post according to ID's logic, are dishing out. And if he is feeling it, it will feed down to the team - and it is clear they are playing with near zero confidence at the moment. It seems to me to be a vicious circle - of course we can keep waiting for the next win, but given this is looking less than likely currently, the more we lose the more we are likely to lose - it becomes (has become) a habit. I just don't know...the sad truth is that as I trudged home on Saturday, I wasn't even angry anymore, just resigned to failure, and that can't be good.

and where the f**k are we now ?

The last time I looked we weren't sitting shitting ourselves for Saturdays game hoping to beat Stirling Albion away and avoid relegation to division 2.

Neither are we in the guts of a 14 or 15 year stay in division 1.

Neither are we wondering if we'll ever win another National Cup.

Neither are we crippled with debt with a crumbling stadium.

Get a grip FFS and remember your roots.

The last time I looked we weren't sitting shitting ourselves for Saturdays game hoping to beat Stirling Albion away and avoid relegation to division 2.

WTS seems to be guilty of looking for progress, that's all. Is it good to be in the SP(F)L? Financially, probably. Are we in danger of relegation to Division 2? Obviously not. But is it wrong to have high hopes? And I dont mean win the league, I mean top 6. Are we all just accepting now that ICT/Ross County etc are bigger teams than us? If that is the general consensus on here then I am worried.

Poor result on Saturday, but considerably better performance in my opinion. Wouldn't surprise me to see Danny sacked, & he could have no complaints given terrible form

However the complete lack of class shown by some supporters with the lack of respect shown to DL & namecalling, on fora and social media, makes me embarrassed to be a Saints fan. It's utterly pathetic.

Edited by Soctty

Have to say that Danny has had his time. He got the benefit of the doubt last November when we were rank rotten. We have only beaten a Killie kids team in the league since winning the cup and that is simply not acceptable. Go now for everyone sake.

Along with a 1-1 draw away to the full killie team, a 2-2 draw with Motherwell, a 3-3 draw v Hibs away and a home draw with Aberdeen.

We lost TWO games at the end of last season, one against a team who were absolutely determined to "get their own back" and one fighting for their lives!,

IMHO, we were unlucky not to turn some of the draws into victories.

Now I'm not saying things aren't bad but let's at least look at all the facts. Not just those that suit the agenda.

Edited by stlucifer

When was the last time we stayed 14 or 15 years in division 1?!

Along with a 1-1 draw away to the full killie team, a 2-2 draw with Motherwell, a 3-3 draw v Hibs away and a home draw with Aberdeen.

We lost TWO games at the end of last season, one against a team who were absolutely determined to "get their own back" and one fighting for their lives!,

Now I'm not saying things aren't bad but let's at least look at all the facts. Not just those that suit the agenda.

If we're going to look simply at facts, the damning fact is that we have only won that solitary league match against Killie since the cup final. I'm not having a go at you, because I do the same thing sometimes - in a post asking to stick to the facts, I give my opinion. It's easy to do. Opinions about how unlucky we may have been in some drawn fixtures are irrelevant. Again, not having a dig, but maybe some people might argue that we were a bit lucky to get a point in some of the drawn games. Opinions, opinions.

My opinion doesn't come into it in regard to the brutal 'W, L, and D' issues. For what it's worth, my opinion is that we were unlucky on Saturday with the overturned penalty decision, and maybe we played a bit better than in some matches. Facts though? We lost again...at home again. It just keeps rolling on. Each time I rack up feeling more and more apathy and less and less annoyance.

Fact - we have won one match since March 17, and the record before that isn't inspiring either. It's not just a dig at Danny - someone should be able to work out the W, D, and L stats' in our new stadium for top flight league fixtures and not cup games that would include facing lower league opposition. I'm reasonably sure it would make grim reading.

I have a copy of the Final Chapter book on the coffee table, and it records the home results over that final 18 month period at LS - feck' me, they were pish too. Thank feck' the NFL weekend at Wembley means I miss a home game. I used to think 'ach, I'm missing a game, bollocks!' - now I genuinely don't give a monkey's. A mate can use my ST, I'm not bothered. That kind of apathy should be worrying our BoD.

Edited by pozbaird

You spew a load of opinions, and your even your second last sentence starts with ' IMHO ', then in your final sentence you ask to us at least look at the facts. Em...?

Okay, let's look at the facts. Unlike you, i won't post a single opinion:

We have won 1 league game in the last 15 (fifteen). That game we won was a dead rubber match - the last game of last season.

We have failed to win a single home game in all competitions in our last 10 matches. This run will stretch back more than 7 months by the time we next play in Paisley

We have had our worst start (1 point from 5 league matches) to a league campaign season since 1991/92. That was the year we were relegated.

We have had 3 league wins this calendar year, and it's nearly October.

Since your hand picking individual results, i think i will too. Here's some of our worst in 2013: St Mirren 1-4 Ross County - Dundee 2-1 St Mirren - St Mirren 1-2 Dundee - Hearts 3-0 St Mirren - ICT 3-0 St Mirren - Ross County 3-0 St Mirren - Queen of the South 2-1 St Mirren - St Mirren 1-2 Partick Thistle.

I could go on, but i'm sure you get the picture.

Hearts will over take St Mirren in the league half way through October if no changes in managment are made. Some might say there was a bit more fight in the team against Motherwell. While there were some good individual displays the team does not look balanced which is worrying. More worrying is our new centre forward looks totally out his depth he was not much better in the under 21 game. So in effect we do not have a proper partner for Thomo up front. This will be the downfall of Danny Lennon. This the player we have been waiting for said Danny, wrong Danny you did not do your home work on this player bad due diligance I'm afraid

Everyone needs to bear in mind that there WILL be another ice age along at some point,everything we are discussing is academic really

In your opinion mate. Many of us have St Mirren in the blood and spend a large portion of our spare cash watching a passion that takes up a large part of their life. As for the weather if its colder wear warmer cloths if it's too warm wear less cloths if only it was as easy as that at our club.

and where the f**k are we now ?

Eh, a lot better than where we were fighting relegation to the second division mate. It is a tough time being a Saints fan but we need to get some things into perspective. We have had a horrendous start and things can only get better. You really need to see where we have come from in a short period of time to get some perspective. I have seen many poorer Saints sides performing in front of fewer fans and against the likes of East Stirling, Montrose and Forfar - and getting pumped big time too.

In your opinion mate. Many of us have St Mirren in the blood and spend a large portion of our spare cash watching a passion that takes up a large part of their life. As for the weather if its colder wear warmer cloths if it's too warm wear less cloths if only it was as easy as that at our club.

Well i have a season ticket,does that qualify me for having "st miren in the blood " ?? Its all nonsense ,the bod,manager and players ,all being paid handsomely while paying lip service to the supporters..They get away with it because they know they can,Danny Lennon still in a job,complete disappearance of cup final cash,shambolic transfer dealings etc,they should be worried about petitions,protests at the stadium but they are not ,all they need to do is come on here and they are instantly comforted by "weve got ralston" "danny will always be a legend" "we dont have the cash for a new manager/player" We are in our present position because we,the supporters,demand nothing,expect nothing and take what we are given.Until that changes,nothing changes

Well i have a season ticket,does that qualify me for having "st miren in the blood " ?? Its all nonsense ,the bod,manager and players ,all being paid handsomely while paying lip service to the supporters..They get away with it because they know they can,Danny Lennon still in a job,complete disappearance of cup final cash,shambolic transfer dealings etc,they should be worried about petitions,protests at the stadium but they are not ,all they need to do is come on here and they are instantly comforted by "weve got ralston" "danny will always be a legend" "we dont have the cash for a new manager/player" We are in our present position because we,the supporters,demand nothing,expect nothing and take what we are given.Until that changes,nothing changes

The transfer window is shut, protest do not give us point in the league and the BOD are the guys who will decide what is best for the club. Running a small club is costly and no doubt the cup money did not disappear and will have been used to keep the players in wages and the club running efficiently. A look at the accounts in due course should explain what happend. The manager generally takes the hit and it will only be a matter of time before Danny leaves (resigns or by mutual consent). A new manager will guarantee nothing and every manager is a gamble. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask if they are pulling together 100% or not? The BOD rightfully are the custodians of the club and are not beyond reproach. If the strategy (whatever that is) for taking the club forward is not working then they are duty bound to fix it - whatever needs fixing.

Leave petitions and protests for those clubs who feel they have a divine right to success and accept that our club has and always will be a yo-you club and our time in the top league will be limited and we are likely to be relegated at some point in the future - be it this season or 10 years time. Instead, continue to support the club as players, manager and directors will go one day but our club moves on with new personnel. Keep the faith.

Leave petitions and protests for those clubs who feel they have a divine right to success and accept that our club has and always will be a yo-you club and our time in the top league will be limited and we are likely to be relegated at some point in the future - be it this season or 10 years time.

I'm not accepting for one second that we are, and always will be, a yo-yo club destined for relegation - maybe next season, or any other season. The Scottish football landscape has dramatically altered - The Sevco imploded, Hearts imploded, Dunfermline imploded, Dundee imploded... Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee United... FAR from the much bigger clubs with better players than us than they used to be.

We should be looking at being a permanent, established, well-run top flight club. Looking UP and maybe sniffing Europe one season, not every season - no divine right I agree.

We shouldn't be perennial relegation 'almost certainties' and still displaying some sort of inferiority 'lucky to be here' corner shop mentality. We should be as solid looking as Motherwell - looking FAR from relegation fodder. If Motherwell can be a forward thinking, European-eyeing club, why can't we?

Sorry, I'm not accepting that we truly are just here on some sort of borrowed time, lucky to have top flight status for a bit, before the inevitable happens.

Edited by pozbaird

Thing is, you kinda knew we weren't going to beat 'Well at the weekend in the same way you just kinda know we're going to get beat by Hibs on Saturday.

It's grim when the team gets into that sort of rut - happened a few times under Macpherson.

First and foremost what you want is for Danny to find a way of fixing it but with every week that goes by and every time you hear him say after the match that we're really, really, really close to turning it around, you do fear for him.

Still deserves a couple of months yet though.

I'm not accepting for one second that we are, and always will be, a yo-yo club destined for relegation - maybe next season, or any other season. The Scottish football landscape has dramatically altered - The Sevco imploded, Hearts imploded, Dunfermline imploded, Dundee imploded... Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee United... FAR from the much bigger clubs with better players than us than they used to be.

We should be looking at being a permanent, established, well-run top flight club. Looking UP and maybe sniffing Europe one season, not every season - no divine right I agree.

We shouldn't be perennial relegation 'almost certainties' and still displaying some sort of inferiority 'lucky to be here' corner shop mentality. We should be as solid looking as Motherwell - looking FAR from relegation fodder. If Motherwell can be a forward thinking, European-eyeing club, why can't we?

Sorry, I'm not accepting that we truly are just here on some sort of borrowed time, lucky to have top flight status for a bit, before the inevitable happens.

Very good post.

Thing is, you kinda knew we weren't going to beat 'Well at the weekend in the same way you just kinda know we're going to get beat by Hibs on Saturday.

It's grim when the team gets into that sort of rut - happened a few times under Macpherson.

First and foremost what you want is for Danny to find a way of fixing it but with every week that goes by and every time you hear him say after the match that we're really, really, really close to turning it around, you do fear for him.

He "deserves" the long overdue boot

You put a lot of valid points forward Pozbaird. Noone would be more happier than me to see the team emulate what Murderwell and other small provincial clubs have done. However, the bottom line here is that those clubs like Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen are where they are by racking up more debt than our club are prepared to deal with. Looking at those clubs who have imploded and the reasons why, do we go down that route of increasing the debt to compete with the wages that other club pay and outbid us on?

The game is rooked mate and bringing through youth is the way ahead. Unfortunately, we are unlikely to hold onto any real promising player due to what others can pay in wages. However, what I do feel is that the right manager can bring more to the club and Butcher is a great example of being able to spot players and bring them to the club for little money and/or wages.

There is no doubt that the likely scenario at St Mirren is the BOD cutting cloth to suit to reduce or maintain small levels of debt and live within our means allied to a manager, nice guy that he is, who appears to lack the direction and ability to deal as effectively as other managers do to bring in good enough players to provide the balance and quality within the team.

Thing is, I used to go along (a long time ago) with confidence that we would beat certain teams on our own ground. I no longer have that and at times would happily settle for a point at half-time as we were playing so poorly.

Edited by nedflanders123