Danny Is A Legend, But It's Time For Change...

Bottom line is, with our best 11 we should be aiming for top six. Squad size and quality could be better but if the best 11 stay fit we should be up there. The reason we aren't, I think is that the players just aren't being motivated. I hate saying that as these guys should be motivated as its their job and they are very well paid for it. Maybe it's better organising and preparation that they need.

Bottom line is, with our best 11 we should be aiming for top six. Squad size and quality could be better but if the best 11 stay fit we should be up there. The reason we aren't, I think is that the players just aren't being motivated. I hate saying that as these guys should be motivated as its their job and they are very well paid for it. Maybe it's better organising and preparation that they need.

don't see how u come to this...best 11 we should be up there...Cornell...van zanten ...goodwin...cheesy...bahoken all shite...5 out of 11 wouldn't get a game at any other premier league club....

I have to say that, of late, Danny hasn't helped his own case with his constant refusal to recognise we have been playing pish.

I have been one of those on here who has wanted to give him more time to turn things around, but he is seriously pissing me off each week with his post-match comments such as, " I certainly believe that today we got some of our identity back", and "there were a lot of positives out there", " I thought we saw massive hearts today from everyone" and his constant reference to the fans as "the 12th man" is condescending pish.

What were the positives? That we only got beat 1-0 instead of getting humped 3-0? The wonderful 12th man is the crowd that boo every mistake? Gies a brek Danny and start giving realistic reviews of what you have seen. One tip that might help in that direction would be, try leaving the rose-tinted glasses back in your office before each game.

Sadly, to me at least, he is sounding like a desperate man who refuses to recognise that things are just not right - on or off the park.

Oh, and I really do wish he would stop saying "certainly" 20 times in every interview.

I have to say that, of late, Danny hasn't helped his own case with his constant refusal to recognise we have been playing pish.

I have been one of those on here who has wanted to give him more time to turn things around, but he is seriously pissing me off each week with his post-match comments such as, " I certainly believe that today we got some of our identity back", and "there were a lot of positives out there", " I thought we saw massive hearts today from everyone" and his constant reference to the fans as "the 12th man" is condescending pish.

What were the positives? That we only got beat 1-0 instead of getting humped 3-0? The wonderful 12th man is the crowd that boo every mistake? Gies a brek Danny and start giving realistic reviews of what you have seen. One tip that might help in that direction would be, try leaving the rose-tinted glasses back in your office before each game.

Sadly, to me at least, he is sounding like a desperate man who refuses to recognise that things are just not right - on or off the park.

Oh, and I really do wish he would stop saying "certainly" 20 times in every interview.

Totally agree with you.

What niggles me most is the lack of or dis-jointed involvement from the touchline, and the summary he gives of the game, when in reality, if he sat up at the top of the stand, he would see a totally different game. When TC is out giving instructions, there appears to be little communication when he returns to the dug-out.

If you want an example of a 12th man, look at Stuart McCall for Motherwell - knew his team were playing mince, and did everything bar cross the white line to try and get them working and take the points.

If Danny gets the chance to take charge against the Dons next Monday night, I sincerely hope he goes up the stand and takes a broader, more complete look at what's happening on the pitch.

Then he just might see the players who make no effort to run into space to create openings to alleviate the pressure on the man with the ball, the 2 or 3 touches we take before moving the ball on, usually to a player who is being closed down, the woeful control of the ball at times, and the failure of players to look up and around to see what's on, etc. etc. etc.

My pet hate is the "week in, week out" phrase, that now seems to be infecting the whole football interview scene - what's wrong with just saying every week, FFS!

Edited by sally02

Has the look & attitude of a beaten man. For your own health & sanity Danny, walk away.

i actually feel very sorry for the guy.

Totally agree- found that quite difficult to watch. He doesn't look healthy at all. Doesn't have the energy even to criticise the players that are letting our club down week in and week out. Where's Tommy Craig, Stuart Gilmour? Feels as though this is just being played out till DL walks away...I want to see some anger from St Mirren at the predicament we're in, whether its the players on the park, chairman or management team- instead all we get are the media questioning how long DL has left and these sad interviews, where he says how unlucky we are...

Has the look & attitude of a beaten man. For your own health & sanity Danny, walk away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMyzFIrZofs&feature=youtu.be

i actually feel very sorry for the guy.

Get real! Danny is not going to walk away and neither should he. He has a contract. Saint Mirren's board gave him the contract. They should honour it one way or another.

No amount of forum talk about how he looks to phantom posters should make him "walk away". I would think any guy working through a bad period in his career would look stressed. In fact I'd be even more worried if he was dancing into the interview waxing lyrical about our predicament.

As for the comment about him re "Doesn't have the energy even to criticise the players that are letting our club down week in and week out."

He NEEDS his players behind him. I'm sure that would happen if he was outwordly criticising them after every defeat!

I would hope, but somehow can't see it, him going through the players like a dose of salts in private though.

Lost the dressing room? Then drop every one of the antagonisers as I'm sure he knows them.

Edited by stlucifer

Get real! Danny is not going to walk away and neither should he. He has a contract. Saint Mirren's board gave him the contract. They should honour it one way or another.

No amount of forum talk about how he looks to phantom posters should make him "walk away". I would think any guy working through a bad period in his career would look stressed. In fact I'd be even more worried if he was dancing into the interview waxing lyrical about our predicament.

As for the comment about him re "Doesn't have the energy even to criticise the players that are letting our club down week in and week out."

He NEEDS his players behind him. I'm sure that would happen if he was outwordly criticising them after every defeat!

I would hope, but somehow can't see it, him going through the players like a dose of salts in private though.

Lost the dressing room? Then drop every one of the antagonisers as I'm sure he knows them.

Admire your positivity, but the guy isnt just going through a bad period, he's managed us to our worst start in the league for almost a century!

I watched the highlights of the Hibs game just there and it was, literally, 11 average footballers applying themselves, against 11 similarly average footballers not applying themselves. I then listened to his post-match interview and stopped before the end as I couldn't believe the amount of bullshit coming out his mouth. I feel for Danny, on a personal level, absolutely - god anyone with a heart in their body would as its clear he's a beaten man who is going through hell - but that's the crux of this issue - he is beaten, there is no way in hell we can recover from this slump whilst he is in charge. I completely agree that a lot of our players need to take a long hard look in the mirror but at the end of the day, they need to respect the manager who is giving them instructions on a daily basis and want to play for him - that is clearly not the case.

I also agree with recent posters - the BOD are in charge of the club and need to intervene - there are thousands of people paying hundreds (some thousands) into following our proud club each year and to see it capitulate the way it has since the cup final is a total disgrace.

Admire your positivity, but the guy isnt just going through a bad period, he's managed us to our worst start in the league for almost a century!

I watched the highlights of the Hibs game just there and it was, literally, 11 average footballers applying themselves, against 11 similarly average footballers not applying themselves. I then listened to his post-match interview and stopped before the end as I couldn't believe the amount of bullshit coming out his mouth. I feel for Danny, on a personal level, absolutely - god anyone with a heart in their body would as its clear he's a beaten man who is going through hell - but that's the crux of this issue - he is beaten, there is no way in hell we can recover from this slump whilst he is in charge. I completely agree that a lot of our players need to take a long hard look in the mirror but at the end of the day, they need to respect the manager who is giving them instructions on a daily basis and want to play for him - that is clearly not the case.

I also agree with recent posters - the BOD are in charge of the club and need to intervene - there are thousands of people paying hundreds (some thousands) into following our proud club each year and to see it capitulate the way it has since the cup final is a total disgrace.

The crux of my statement is that Danny Lennon is very, very unlikely to walk away from a pay off just because the keyboard warriors demand he does. And, quite frankly, why the freck should he?

IF the board want rid, then the board would have to pay up.

My second point was simply what Danny SHOULD do. Not what I expect him to do.

Edited by stlucifer

Missed that one Bud, where did i say that?

Having watched that interview I must admit to having a wee lump in my throat for a man who looks and sounds dreadful. I honestly believe that he has loved his time with us and perhaps he would have been a better manager for us in the 1st division. However, we are not a 1st division side( not yet anyway) Danny clearly cares deeply about the present situation but seems to lack the expertise to turn things around. He has never been the most eloquent of speakers but it is painful to hear him struggle to complete a meaningful sentence. Danny may have the potential to become a good manager but it's not today, nor anytime soon by the looks of things. Here's a curveball, appoint a new manager with appropriate experience and offer Danny the no 2 job

Why shouldn't DL criticise the players publicly? Have we all to pretend they are doing a great job? I'd like a bit of anger, passion even about us needing to get out of this rut - the seasoned pros should be running through walls to change things. I want to see tackles flying in and players challenging for everything- forget all the messing around at the back. We're lying down to teams just now with the poor attitude by some players on the pitch.

Why shouldn't DL criticise the players publicly? Have we all to pretend they are doing a great job? I'd like a bit of anger, passion even about us needing to get out of this rut - the seasoned pros should be running through walls to change things. I want to see tackles flying in and players challenging for everything- forget all the messing around at the back. We're lying down to teams just now with the poor attitude by some players on the pitch.

I know but look what happened to Di Canio

post-1859-0-92182800-1379976370_thumb.jp

How does the current side compare?

Currently 3rd lowest win% just above David Hay and John Coughlin

Obviously Bone & Fitz 2nd time round are bolstered by spells against lower league opposition

...as are a few of the years under Hendrie and MacPherson.

Recent years are all pretty much similar save Hay and Coughlin's disasterously bad spells.

Lennon's win% of 27% is a bit of a drop off from either Hendrie(36%) or MacPherson(35%)

both had good 1st div spells to boost that though....concernng because some of the football under these was honking.

Missed that one Bud, where did i say that?

I was replying to another post. As I made it a quote I didn't feel the need to add but;

Totally agree- found that quite difficult to watch. He doesn't look healthy at all. Doesn't have the energy even to criticise the players that are letting our club down week in and week out. Where's Tommy Craig, Stuart Gilmour? Feels as though this is just being played out till DL walks away...I want to see some anger from St Mirren at the predicament we're in, whether its the players on the park, chairman or management team- instead all we get are the media questioning how long DL has left and these sad interviews, where he says how unlucky we are...

I just expected people to read the forum........ Silly mebangin.gif

• 2 weeks later...