St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 30/9/13

shull

My missus - who knows nothing about football but is remarkably consistent at calling games - predicted a 0-0 draw this morning. She predicted a 1-0 loss to Well and a 2-0 loss to Hibs, so yeah you get the picture. Get your money on a 0-0 draw, i certainly will be.

A footballing analysis would show that this is not too unlikely. In the last 11 matches between ourselves and Aberdeen we have lost only once, an absolutely superb record given the difference in budgets between the sides. The last 2 matches between the teams have finished 0-0 aswell.

A draw would be no great help in the grand scheme of things, but a stopping of the rot would be most welcome. Team wise i'd go with:

Dilo ( my new top man)

Goowin-McGregor-Mair

Caprice-Newton-McLean-McGowan-McGinn

Thompson-Harkins

Why is it always 3-0? Whatever happened to losing a close game by maybe 1-0 or 2-1. As far as I can tell Aberdeen have not signed the first team from Barcelona yet many think they will hump us bases on a decent performance against one of the poorest Falkirk sides in many years. Yes, they have some decent players but they are hardly worldbeaters now are they? I think the game will be much tighter and I forecast a 1-1 draw.

Why is it always 3-0? Whatever happened to losing a close game by maybe 1-0 or 2-1. As far as I can tell Aberdeen have not signed the first team from Barcelona yet many think they will hump us bases on a decent performance against one of the poorest Falkirk sides in many years. Yes, they have some decent players but they are hardly worldbeaters now are they? I think the game will be much tighter and I forecast a 1-1 draw.

Ned I think the predictions are based on our results v Hibs, ICT and Ross County. None of those teams signed the first team from Barcelona.

I fear for us if we ship an early goal tonight. Aberdeen confidence is high with big players back in the pool , while our confidence is shot to pieces.

Hopefully we can dig in , keep it tight , and start creating some chances of our own , but no-matter how many times I think about it , I can't see any outcome other than a comfortable win for them !

I fear for us if we ship an early goal tonight. Aberdeen confidence is high with big players back in the pool , while our confidence is shot to pieces.

Hopefully we can dig in , keep it tight , and start creating some chances of our own , but no-matter how many times I think about it , I can't see any outcome other than a comfortable win for them !

Hope you're wrong but I can't argue with any of the above. Edited by Kendo

Think Billy is right, the loss of an early goal could prove to be catastrophic for us.

The flip side is true though, if we can get a goal from somewhere, an own goal, a freak goal, a penalty, anything just to get us in front and get our tails up and get the crowd up then who knows.

I'd be happy with a point to be honest but there is no reason why we can't go and take all three. We shouldn't fear anyone on our own turf. Ever.

To be honest, even if we did start the season well the way Aberdeen have started very few people would expect us to get a result. But for me it's the last chance for Danny (although I've said this every week since before the Partick game!) to get the tactics right, a good performance and every player giving 100% and fighting for every ball.

As a St Mirren supporter, a defeat won't kill me, but significant improvements must be made in terms of team selection, tactics and performance for me to change my view that Lennon's time is up.

I would line up with this team.

Dilo

DVZ Mair McGregor Yaqub (If he's not injured)

Newton

Teale McGinn

McGowan

Thompson Reilly

A reporter on Radio Scotland says the match is getting played at Greenhill Park.

Will we ban him ?

Will we boycott the Beeb ?

Will we protest outside the BBC Headquarters ?

Will we send bullets through the post ?

Naw, naw, naw and naw.

Because we are St Mirren supporters and we are decent human beings.

And i quite like ' Greenhill Park '

I think 2 or 3 points in the next 2 games would be acceptable and keep Danny going but if 1 of them is not tonight then it would be unlikely he would get the chance next Saturday to get the 3....wont even speculate who would be in the job in that case and on any history repeating itself....

I have been debating to myself all day as to whether to activate my free BT Sport.....not sure if doing so would increase or decrease our chance of winning! might be too risky and I will just listen on the radio.

My goodness we need to win.........doesn't need to be a barnstorming back to form performance....a lucky as f**k fluke would do for starters....then we will take it from there.

COYS