St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 30/9/13

shull

Can any of you anoraks tell us what has been the lowest SPL crowd at New Love Street?

It is possibly going to be the lowest next monday, because its live on tv, the opponents are Aberdeen, we are shite and have a manager just about to get the tin tack, all the ingredients to make even the diehards think twice about going.

I expect the crazy Northbank AGARO auld farts will be there though. thumbup2.gif

Edited by murray street

Can any of you anoraks tell us what has been the lowest SPL crowd at New Love Street?

It is possibly going to be the lowest next monday, because its live on tv, the opponents are Aberdeen, we are shite and have a manager just about to get the tin tack, all the ingredients to make even the diehards think twice about going.

I expect the crazy Northbank AGARO auld farts will be there though. thumbup2.gif

Loyal till the end Joe

3009 vs The Fakes for a midweek match in Feb 2010.

I expect the attendance to be just shy of 3500 - Aberdeen have a fair few fans in the Glasgow area (including one at my work) and they like to get to as many games as they can and many ST holders will moan but still attend 'cos they've paid anyway.

Attendances vs Aberdeen at Paisley normally fall somewhere between 4-4,500 although in Feb 2012 when the game was televised and played at noon on a Saturday it was 3,627 (amidst similar predictions of a dire attendance) - I'll go for 3333!

COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Loyal till the end Joe

When I can make a home game it makes me feel very sentimental to see these auld geezers singing ♫we'll go wherever you may go cause we are the Northbank A G A R O♫ to see them smoking barlinnie thinnies and wheezing at hauf time is very quaint and harks back to a time over 30 years ago at Love street, its almost like a museum. biggrin.png some people would be embarrassed to be middle aged and still singing this song but no one can really critisise the oldest swingers in town.

Edited by murray street

When I can make a home game it makes me feel very sentimental to see these auld geezers singing ♫we'll go wherever you may go cause we are the Northbank A G A R O♫ to see them smoking barlinnie thinnies and wheezing at hauf time is very quaint and harks back to a time over 30 years ago at Love street, its almost like a museum. biggrin.png some people would be embarrassed to be middle aged and still singing this song but no one can really criticisize the oldest swingers in town.

We know where you're coming from.

It's one of the few songs we still sing at the Noo Grun

Wish there was a few more and more often

I've always thought it was "We'll go wherever St. Mirren go"? It's not always easy to make out right enough!

Also, when I was a nipper I thought they all sang "We'll go wherever St. Mirren go, we are the Northbank Kangaroo". lol.gif

You are probably right, I am just so struck dumb with fear that I don't hear the words laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Every game we go into a game I think we can sneak something here although this one I have no confidence that we might sneak anything sadly. Any hope that I had has been totally beaten out of me by the performances this season. I haev seen no glimour of hope from watching that team I don't see where goals are going to come from, I don't see us putting up much of a fight.

We need someone that is capable of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and dragging the rest of their underperforming team mates along with them, someone like a Shug Murray, John Sutton, Charlie Adam, Kirk Broadfoot. To me it should be Goodwin as captain that does this, has he got the ability? Definitly not when having to play in the defence, but does he have the legs for midfield? The guy that needs to do this is the guy who has been instilled as the 'playmaker' for this team and that is Gowser he really needs to start showing this season. He needs also needs the other midfielders to move about, create space, run into space, chase a lost cause, run through a wall for the team.

Last couple of times I felt this bad was in the lead up to Rangers last game at Love street and the league cup semi last season.

Hope your not correct, Vanzy and Teale on the left? McLean on the right?

i would play goodwin as sweeper ... mcginn on left for mclean...go with 5 in midfield...teale pushes up when attacking with goodwin pushing into midfield....need a left back....try a youngster.....have bahoken and mcausland in the stand...

i would play goodwin as sweeper ... mcginn on left for mclean...go with 5 in midfield...teale pushes up when attacking with goodwin pushing into midfield....need a left back....try a youngster.....have bahoken and mcausland in the stand...

Having bahoken and mcausland in the stand would put them closer to you to abuse.

Cheesy will be in the stand on Monday night.

He's in crutches !!

Back 4 of DVZ Goody McGregor Mair ??????

Pretty sure Grainger's suspension kicks in at Tynecastle.

Shame for Cheesy, he's been one of very few players to get pass marks so far. Any idea of how long he'll be out?

Edited by Murray7

You know,as crazy as it may seem,a win on Monday and do the business against Hearts ( assuming they lose to Dundee Utd) we could end up 15 pts ahead of them....even after dreadful start

its a crazy game and anything can happen

THATS why knickers aren't soaking or twisted

Anything can happen

Bizarre

When I can make a home game it makes me feel very sentimental to see these auld geezers singing ♫we'll go wherever you may go cause we are the Northbank A G A R O♫ to see them smoking barlinnie thinnies and wheezing at hauf time is very quaint and harks back to a time over 30 years ago at Love street, its almost like a museum. biggrin.png some people would be embarrassed to be middle aged and still singing this song but no one can really critisise the oldest swingers in town.

wrong - we are not allowed to smoke inside the ground , and before it was north bank aggro, it was SMTB.

No-one would criticise them 30 years back and some would still have second thoughts about it even now ! Some people have vivid memories of the trail of destruction ! happy.png

You know,as crazy as it may seem,a win on Monday and do the business against Hearts ( assuming they lose to Dundee Utd) we could end up 15 pts ahead of them....even after dreadful start

Anything can happen

Bizarre

Bizarre would be us winning 1 game never mind 2.

Anything can happen

Bizarre

With a game in hand.. Don't know why everyone is getting so worred! whistling.gif